Online Introduction to Software Estimation Training
Software development effort estimation is the process of presuming the most realistic amount of effort (i.e. in terms of person-hours or money) required to build or maintain software based on incomplete, undecided and noisy input. Project planning is very important as before planning like how to start, from where to start, modules etc. These things should be known for smooth running of project.
Software resource estimation is considered as more difficult than resource estimation in many other industries. Software organizations generally develop new products as against of fabricating the same product over and over again. This results in many difficulties in estimating the resources of a project, especially in starting stages of project phases.
The main aim of software project cost and effort estimation is to scientifically calculate the required workload and its related costs in the life cycle of software system. Software cost estimation is complicated activity that requires knowledge of number of main attributes that affect the output of software projects, both individually and in concert. The most serious problem is that lot of data is needed, which is generally impossible to get in needed quantities. Hence, Software cost and effort estimation has become a challenge for IT industries.
What is the need of Software Estimation Training?
- Estimating is the practice considered as mysterious for project management. No-one likes this task. Whether like it or not the success or failure of a project depends on absolute correct estimates.
- Being negative can kill the project before it starts as the client may think it is very expensive.
- Overly giving positive estimates, on the other hand, can cost you or the client dearly when the project extends for large time.
- If you willing to do anything these days, then someone is bound to ask “how much it will cost” or “how long will it take to complete”, which, when you are going to start building software, is almost the same thing.
- For small projects, these questions are comparatively easy to answer. Trouble starts following, however, as the project size increases. With many programmers, dedicated testing teams and interfaces to existing systems the time required for larger projects seems to increase exponentially.
- Without appropriate estimates, you will be challenged to: guess productivity and quality, Control costs, meet delivery dates, impart trust with management and peer-groups.
- Many factors can influence the result of an IT project; two of the most important factors are upfront planning and estimation.
- Yet, these are often challenging for many companies. And for good reason; accurately figuring out the project’s effort, schedule, cost and resource requirements can be difficult.
- Statistics constantly point to the challenges surrounding effective planning and estimation – over 66% of projects are not delivered on time, on budget or to the expected quality.
- One thing is very clear that without estimating whether its cost, resources, time etc. the outcome of project is going to ruin your work or project.
- So how estimation is to be done all should be known and all the procedures will be taught in this training.
- Estimation is not an easy task at all, because hard work, correct measures is needed.
- Cost estimation is one of the major factors which client is worried about, he/she wants their project to be done in correct time and project should be effective.
Target Audience for Software Estimation Training
1) Software Estimation training is best recommended for Software Developers and Designers
2) Students who want to become Program Managers, Project Managers and Quality Managers can take up this course.
3) Software Architects, Quality Testing Professionals can go for this course as it will explain everything in detail.
4) Others who are interested in developing skills related to Software Estimation can opt for software estimation course.
Languages should be known for software estimation training
- There’s no specific requirement for this training as it does not need any language to be learnt before.
- Just a computer/laptop with internet is needed for viewing the course contents
- Anyone who wants to pursue their career in IT field as non-technical employee can also learn this course.
- This course has wide scope as it is not easy task so there are less people who opt for this profession but have a great scope in it.
Software Estimation Training Advantages
- Will be well versed with software estimation.
- All the techniques related to it will be learnt.
- All the procedures related to estimation will be learnt which is important part of it.
- How to make project effective without loss of any resource, time and money will be taught efficiently.
- Some analysis and estimation part knowledge will be provided.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Online Introduction to Software Estimation Training courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|