NCFM Mutual Fund Training
NCFM training offers a number of opportunities, practical knowledge as well as skills to the people that are required for operating in a financial sector. For dispensing quality intermediation, people who work in the industry should be following a certain code of conduct which is generally achieved by means of regulations and they need to possess the required knowledge as well as the skills which can be acquired via a testing and certification system. There is more requirement of human expertise in intermediation in comparison to technological support and thus it is essential for a person who provides intermediation in the industry to gain a good business understanding and the skills which will help in keeping it competitive. For ensuring thus, the accepted international practice is that the personnel who work for the market intermediaries need to be certified. This training helps the personnel in learning a few very significant mutual fund concepts like the investment process, role of the compliance officer, custodians, Registrar along with the rights and obligations of the investors.
Perception and Reality related to Mutual Funds
The industry of mutual funds has been evolving fast. Several bodies in the industry are also making investments for creating investor education. However, it is considered an option for investment by lesser than 10% households since it is thought by people as an investment that involved high risks. Actually, it is a form of investment that is most hassle free, comprehensive and also flexible which can help in the accommodation of various requirements of the investor. There are a number of categories of mutual funds that have been designed for allowing investors to select a scheme on the basis of the risks that they can take, the amount that they can invest the goals of their investment and also the term s of investment expected by them.
Kinds of Mutual Funds
On the basis of the maturity period of investments, the mutual funds can be of the following types –
- Open Ended – under this scheme units can be bought or sold anytime and the maturity date is not fixed. These consist of –
- Debt / Income
- Money Market/ Liquid
- Equity / Growth – index scheme, sectoral scheme and tax saving
- Close Ended – such a scheme has a maturity period that is stipulated and the investments can be made by the investors only at the time when they are launched initially. This initial period of launch is known as the New Fund Offer (NFO).
- Capital Protection
- Fixed Maturity Plans (FMPs)
- Interval – This operates as a combination of the schemes that are open as well as close ended and the investors are allowed to do trading of the units at the intervals that are pre-defined.
Investments should be made in which schemes?
Customized advise is needed for the selection of a scheme in which investments can be made. The best option will be to select a scheme that provides the correct combination of the various factors like stability as well as income, growth and also the returns that you are expecting from the investments that you have made. The present training will help you in selecting the mutual fund that is best suited for you and you can also think in terms of making it your career by helping others select the best investment options.
In the introductory section, you get to understand the things that will be covered in the training and also the basics related to mutual funds.
- Basic Concepts related to Mutual Funds
This section will be covering the various aspects such as –
- What are mutual funds?
- Reasons why one should select the option of mutual funds
- In what ways can a person distribute his or her investments?
- The structure of mutual funds that is present in case of India.
- Who has the responsibility of managing the money of the investors?
- Roles of the Registrar, Compliance Officers and Custodians
This section will be covering the roles of the various personnel who are involved in the process.
- Functions of the Compliance Officer as well as the Custodian
- Functions of the Transfer Agent and the Registrar
- New Fund Officer
- Functions of AMC
- The process of investment along with the rights of the investors and their obligations
This is the most detailed and comprehensive section of the entire module and consists of a number of aspects.
- Procedures related to investments in NFO.
- Rights as well as Obligations of their investors
- Index Funds
- Equity Funds
- Funds that are open ended
- Funds that are close ended
- Midcap as well as Sectoral Funds
- Large cap funds that have been diversified
- “Concept Clarifier – Tracking Error”
- Other schemes related to equity
- More of the schemes that are related to equity
- Concept Clarifier with respect to “Assets under Management” and “Growth and Value Investing”.
- Fund Fact Sheet
- The basics related to NAV
- Expense Ratio
- Questions on Expense Ratio as well as Portfolio Turnover
- How portfolio turnover is effected by AUM
- Levels of cash in case of “Portfolio and Exit loads”
- The “Exchange Traded Funds” will be introduced
- Features that are related to ETFs
- Buying and also selling of ETFs – Concept Clarifier
- An understanding related to gold ETFs
- The way in which the ETFs as well as mutual funds work
- A detailed study related to the working of Gold ETFs
- Making of the market by APs
- Portfolio Deposit, Creation Units and part 2 of the cash component
- Salient features of the debt funds
- Risks that are related to the interest rate
- Risks that are related to credit
- Pricing of the debt instrument
- Maturity yield
- Maturity plans that are fixed
- Balanced funds, Gilt funds and Capital Protection Funds
- Child benefits plans and MIP
- Introduction to the liquid funds
- Clarification of the concepts related to “Mark to Market” and method of “Cost plus interest” that has accrued
- Papers that have a period of maturity that is lesser than 182days
- The scheme of floating rate
- Taxes related to capital gains
- Why the popular options of dividends are the FMPs
- Options of growth
- Overview of the regulations
- AMFI objectives
- Benefits that are associated with mutual funds
- SWP and STP and SIP
- Payout of dividends and growth funds
- Options for the reinvestment of dividends
- Tips for the NCFM exams
What are the requirements/pre-requisites?
The learning curve of the NCFM Mutual Fund training is gradual as the learners have to possess knowledge of all the basis financial concepts and computers in order to gain an understanding of the module. The main requirements for the this Module consist of –
- NCFM Mutual Funds Beginners Module requires the learners to possess knowledge of the basic concepts of finance
- NCFM Mutual Funds Beginners Module also requires the beginners to posses the basic knowledge related to working on excel.
- The passion to learn should be present in the students if they are to gain a proper understanding of this module.
Target Audience for this training
The target audience for this training are mainly the novice students who visit the site of the training to gain an understanding related to a specific topic and the benefits that are associated with it.
The other target audience consist of the –
- Financial Planning and Analysts
- Equity Researchers
FAQs – General Questions
- I am new to the Mutual Funds. Will I face difficulties in learning about the mutual funds?
No, you will not face any difficulties in learning about the mutual funds. Our training’s will be guiding you in a very effective as well as efficient manner. More than 90% of the people who attended this training found it to be highly effective in creating an understanding in relation to mutual funds. The course on mutual funds is very good for beginners and it will be guiding you in a step by step way to gain information about the basic concepts of mutual funds, the roles of the various parties involved in the process, the process of investments along with the rights as well as the obligations of the investors. By the end of the module, you will be having thorough knowledge with respect to the mutual funds.
- What are the career options available to me after learning about mutual funds?
The beginners module related to mutual funds is very crucial for any person who has the desire of entering into the stock markets basically as a trainee. On the basis of your interests, you can choose between four major careers that are involved with the proceedings of the stock exchange. These include –
- The Stockbroker – The securities are purchased by the stockbrokers from the market and then they are sold to the market makers on the investor’s behalf. The stockbrokers may also offer advise to the investors on the ways of getting the best possible returns on the investments made by them.
- The Market Maker – They are the market’s wholesale dealers. They are generally involved in buying as well as selling stocks and also shares on their own in order to make profits.
- The Stock Exchange – You may also get an opportunity to work in the stock exchange itself since staff are employed by it as it is a central administrative as well as regulatory body.
- Investment Analysts – They are mainly the personnel who help in providing information that is related to the stockbrokers and the investors. Such information provides assistance to them in deciding the type of securities in which investments can be made by them.
- What are the concepts that that I will be learning as a part of the training and where can I apply them?
The concepts that you will be learning as a part of this training will consist of an understanding of the concepts related to mutual funds, the features and products of mutual funds, liquid funds, debt funds and gold ETFs. Besides this, it will include knowledge related to the roles of the various players such as the asset management companies, custodians, sponsor, etc in case of the industry of mutual funds, learning related to the regulatory and tax issues of the mutual funds and an understanding of the fundamentals in relation to the net asset value (NAV) by knowing the ways to compute the different plans of investment. These can be applied in the stock markets and the industry of the Indian mutual funds.
Career Benefits of this training
- Low Budget but High Income
The amount that is involved for obtaining this training on mutual funds is very reasonable apart from this the knowledge that is gained through this course is immense. The prospects of earning high incomes in the stock market after undertaking this course are very high. You can make your own investments in the stock market judiciously or help the other people to make such investments with the assistance of the knowledge gained through this course and earn high returns on your investments.
The training that is provided by this module is extremely comprehensive. It gives insights into the mutual funds and also the features of the mutual funds. Besides, it also provides knowledge of the liquid funds, debt funds and gold ETFs. The course also provides information about the tax on the mutual funds and other issues of regulatory nature and a clarity is provided regarding the investment processes and the roles of all the players that are a part of these processes. The trainee can easily make computations related to the various plans of investment after successfully completing this training. These will be highly useful for career in the financial sector particularly in the stock markets. The investment product that has been talked about most in the last few years is the mutual funds. This course provides assistance in the creation of awareness as well as knowledge related to the industry and the way it functions which enhances the career prospects in the industry.
Comprehensive Training – The NCFM Mutual Fund Beginners training that the course offers is extremely comprehensive and also to the point. I undertook the course on mutual funds. The course provided a complete comprehensive training. Good information was provided by the training for the beginners in the stock market and it was ensured that the rules and regulations related to the various processes were explained in a detailed manner. The explanations were very good and there was no assumptions made regarding your previous knowledge on the subject and was also not overloaded with the unnecessary details. The delivery of the content was done in a proper way and the target regarding its intent was achieved in a satisfactory way.
Nice Training – The NCFM Mutual Fund Beginners training was offered by eduba was very helpful and I am willing to continue with the other related courses offered by them. The training which I took in mutual funds was extremely helpful, the processes were explained in a very good and detailed manner and good coverage was given to the roles of the various parties involved along with the rights as well as the obligations of the investors. I have a background which comprises a degree in business administration with specialisation in finance. I never got an opportunity to have such high quality training which was also approachable so easily as was offered by this course. Exceptional practical training was imparted that helped me with my tasks.
Julian Anna B Roque
Awesome Training – I really have a liking for the courses of this particular site. Most of the people can make use of them and take advantages of such courses for the advancement of their careers. The training on the mutual funds was particularly very well explained. Although the training was comprehensive, it was extremely prosperous. I gained a proper understanding related to the mutual funds and other related products and discovered the roles of the different players involved in the process. Excellent examples were given to help in the selection of the best investment opportunity which were not only simple to understand but were also very useful.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s NCFM – Mutual Fund Beginners Module courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|