Introduction to Java
Java is an advanced level programming language, which is designed for use in the scattered environment of the internet. This is object oriented, class based, concurrent and much simpler to use than c++. In other words, you can say java is secure, fast and reliable.
About Java Hibernate
Java hibernate can be described as a high performance object relational mapping for the java language. Its goal is to offer better persistence capabilities by clarifying the intricacies and enhancing the features. However, Hibernate deals with the mapping from Java classes to database tables (and from Java data types to SQL data types). Additionally, java hibernate provides data query and retrieval facilities.
Why use java hibernate?
- Handles all create-read-update-delete operations using simple API; no SQL
- Generates DDL scripts to create DB schema such as tables, constraints and sequences
- Provides flexibility to hand-tune SQL and call stored procedures to optimize performance
- change the database by tweaking configuration files
- Java hibernate is highly extensible and configurable
Mapping and configuration used in hibernate:
Mapping can be defined as the mechanism of placing object properties into segments of tables. You can construct one or more mapping files while writing a hibernate application. Mapping can be given to the ORM tool either in the form of annotations or in the form of an XML.
Hibernate query language:
Otherwise known as HQL is an extension of SQL, which is simple, flexible and efficient and does all the operations on relational database without writing complex database queries.
Persistence can be defined as converting the application data to outlive the application process. In simple words, persistence is nothing but an instance of POJO (plain old java objects) class that represents table. If you make any changes in the table or manipulate the object in the table, hibernate will monitor and do the same changes in the table also. Persistent object exist in the memory and even stay beyond the duration of process that creates it. However, these objects are stored in the database.
Mostly ORM is concerned with data persistence as it is implemented in relational database which is RDBMS. The RDBMS flows in the hibernate as follows
- Creates HQL query
- Executes HQL query and represents the result in the form of list
- Create object of the configuration class and load configuration file
Benefits of hibernate over JDBC
- In JDBC, you have to create a connection pool whereas in hibernate all the handling work are done automatically.
- The developer need not have to write database specific queries which is basically done in JDBC, java hibernate can be used in any type of database as it has independent database.
- Using java hibernates, the HQL simplifies the query writing process while in JDBC, the developers have to tune and write the query process.
Role of JMX in hibernate
Java components and applications are managed in java hibernate by standard API known as JMX which provides tools for development of strong and efficient distributed web based solutions.
Java hibernate training course description
Many students face difficulty to understand the java hibernate framework course offline and many online courses don’t provide proper description, explanation and detail information about java hibernate but with our 16+ lectures and 3+hours of HD videos not only professionals but also beginners who are new to java hibernate can easily understand. Moreover, you can learn at your own pace with easy access of this course. All the material provided in our videos is step by step explained and are very easier and simpler to understand. We have more than 12572+ students across the world who have enrolled this course and are immensely benefitted.
Section 1: introduction
In this part, you will get to know about the concept of java hibernate with simplified examples. The introduction part basically deals with hibernate framework, hibernate architecture, advantages of hibernate. You will be able to gain basic knowledge on java hibernate training.
Elements of hibernate architecture
They are as follows:
- Configuration object:
This is the first hibernate object you create in any hibernate application and is usually created once during initialization. It represents configuration file required by hibernate. It has two key components
- Class mapping setup: creates a connection between java classes and database tables.
- Database connection: it handles files that are configured and supported by hibernate
- Session factory:
The session factory holds second level cache (optional) of data. It is a thread safe object and is used by all thread in an application. So you can use multiple databases to create multiple session factory objects.
- Session object:
It provides a physical connection between the application and data stored in the database. The session object are not thread safe therefore, it can’t be kept open for a long time. The session object is designed to instantiate each time when it is needed to interact with the database.
- Transaction object:
The transaction object is optional and specifies the atomic unit of work.in hibernate transactions are handled by transaction manager.
- Query object:
Query object use HQL or SQL string to create object and retrieve data from the database.
Section2: java hibernate examples
We provide java hibernate application examples in step by step process by using hibernate technology which makes simple for you to create application using java. You will learn about creating table, mapping configuration file and setting up tables through these examples.
Section 3: hibernate annotation
The newest way to define mapping without using XML file is through hibernate annotation. Here we can learn about Hibernate hbm2ddl.auto Property and how can it make the application more portable and how it represents the mapping information with hbm2ddl.auto Using Annotation. We have also mentioned running the Program on Java Hibernate Annotation.
Section 4: Mapping TPH (table per hierarchy)
Here we get a brief knowledge about java hibernate mapping TPH so that we can map the whole hierarchy in a single table. We also provide examples for running the program on TPH.
Section 5: Mapping TPC (table per concrete)
Learn more on java hibernate mapping TPC and run your programs on TPC using the processes that has been set up including more variables on java hibernate mapping TPC.
Section 6: Mapping TPS (table per sub class)
Another form of mapping is TPS, so we have introduced you to java hibernate mapping TPS which will help you in learning many techniques of mapping.
What are the requirement/pre-requisites to this Training?
Before starting with hibernate there are few things you should know and are imperative for you.
- Knowledge of Java: you can only understand the java hibernate training if you have good knowledge on core java and a knowledge of object oriented design principles along with programming experience.
- Knowledge of RDBMS and My SQL: fundamental knowledge of RDBMS, My SQL and should also possess excellent understanding relational databases, so that you can gain more depth and can understand various frameworks of java.
- Knowledge of J2EE architecture: having the knowledge of J2EE architecture help you use framework to develop web applications.
Target audience for this training
Java hibernate training is specifically designed for people who are familiar with java web technologies and java (JSP and servlets) as well as knowledge of relational database. The training is created for undergraduates, graduates, and post graduates and also for job aspirants. However it is much useful for java developers and java architects to develop database based web applications.
FAQs- General Questions
- Is it difficult to learn about java hibernate?
You won’t face any difficulty in learning java hibernate training if you are familiarize with java web technologies and relational database. It is much simpler and easier for you to learn web application using hibernate. You will get lifetime access to java hibernate training once you have decided to learn.
- Where can be the concepts learnt in this course are applied?
Java hibernate is used for java swing application that help to display data from the database. Hibernate provides tools to object relational mapping. Some more application used is:
- Adding hibernate support to the project
- Generating mapping files and java classes
- Running the project
- Adding query to the form
- Creating the application GUI
Why should I learn it?
Well, the benefits and purposes of learning java hibernate are innumerable. Such as
- You can configure database connection in the hibernate configuration file
- Using hibernate mapping file you can map a java class to a database table
- You can configure primary key generators
- Differentiate between entity and value types
- Using HQL you can write queries
- You can update, create ,save, delete entities
- Collection of maps
This course provides an exhaustive coverage of java hibernate with features like ORM, mapping tables and HQL in an understandable language. They are knowledgeable about web application programming. As I always wanted to be a java developer so it has helped me a lot. Today I am placed in a reputed software company and am glad that due to java hibernate training course I could get a job of my own interest. Thank you educba.
From the day I took this course it has improved my skill and I could now use web application much easier and it has proven to be beneficial in overcoming my problem in mapping tools. This course is great and very helpful for beginners who want to learn about hibernate. Thanks to team educba for making this course accessible. I would really recommend my friends to take this course.
One of my friends suggested me to take this course and surprisingly it blew my mind. I got promotion at my work place and all credit goes to educba for making this java hibernate training course easy, practical and understandable for people like me. Everything in the course are clearly explained and has covered a lot of ground. This course helped me gaining knowledge on mappings which has bought a great advantage to me and my company itself.
Career benefits of this training
Today many companies are using SQL as database persistence mechanism and introduction of hibernate have highlighted many advantages to the developers. It makes more understandable and emphasizes more on business logic and helps to increase project productivity.. Let us discuss some of its advantages
- Cost effective:
- Portability and productivity
- Learning curve is short
- Demand in the market
- Develop fast and easy hibernate application
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Java Hibernate courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|