IT Security Fundamentals Training
The modernization and revolution in the commercial world have introduced Information Technology as a part and parcel of the entire process of the business. The more advanced the technology, the more is the efficiency and productivity of the business. IT security course works like a bloodline that connects the entire departments altogether for better and synchronized workflow.
With the incorporation of Information Technology in the business world, the information is stored on the servers. Due to various malpractices like damage or theft by miscreants, it disrupts the workflow. That is why Information Technology Security (IT security) is one of the main concerns of the corporate world to save their confidential data from the cyber thieves.
IT Security course is the practice, the organization adopts that comprises of standards, policies, implementation of various technologies and management policies to keep the classified information safe and secure from the external threats.
What is the company’s valuable information?
The value of a company is in its data that are stored and protected. The gathering of information is well regulated by governing authorities and needs to be protected well enough. It can be:
- Information regarding new product designs, patent applications, drawings, strategies, etc.
- Information about the financial segment of the business like records, assessment reports, etc.
- Information about the consumers.
Why IT security?
In this era of advanced technology almost all organizations are adopting and depending on the information technology as they grow and flourish and in this age, information is the most valuable thing. This is why the organizations are very concerned about the security of their information. Cybercrime and terrorism can create havoc if they gain access to the sensitive information.
The value of the business depends on the value of the stored information. This is the reason why an organization must have proper control of it. An efficient security system is a proper framework that assesses the risk-prone segments and the loopholes which can be the gateway to the cyber mischief. Let’s take the following examples.
- When the sensitive customer information’s confidentially is lost it will have devastating results with unwanted legal consequences. The goodwill built with long hard toil will be lost and the company will certainly lose the faith of the customers.
- When there is an intruder in the system, it might pass all the confidential data and corporate secrets to the competitors. This means that the company will lose its competitive edge in the market and there will be a huge setback in the future.
These examples clearly suggest that losing data of any sector is not healthy for the organization. The list of reasons why a robust IT security training is needed is cited below.
- The system is an absolute surety to the company that the confidential data is stored properly in a safe place or sent through protected channels and who is accessing them. The security system is a sign of protection and control over flow, usage, and location of data. The system is built as per the priorities set by the organization and act likewise.
- The security system acts as a shield from the external threats but also checks the internal breach possibility from suspicious employees. It means the security will be a 360 degrees surveillance which will detect the malicious activities inside and outside the circle. This is why most of the security system uses a data encryption technique to get rid of the leak of the sensitive information.
- When the company is concerned about the information that can harm the reputation like negative exposure, lost revenue, liabilities, fines, etc then it is better to adopt a good security system in order to keep the words inside the room. Data breaches in these cases can cause huge problems for the brand image of the company.
- Cloud applications in the IT system have made it mandatory to have a proper security system otherwise it will be difficult to track the misuse of sensitive data. The system will be capable to recognize confidential data and henceforth will encrypt it to prevent illegal transmission.
About the Security Fundamentals course
The online IT security course on fundamentals of the IT security is aptly designed by expert professional and segregated into distinct sections so that the learner can absorb the knowledge to the highest degree.
- Section 1
Section 1 introduces the learner about the basic of IT security and its necessity in the organization. This part will vividly discuss what an IT security stands for and where it is implemented to make sure the important information is safe within the walls.
- Section 2
This section of the IT security online curriculum imparts the knowledge of defense, the IT security measure adopts. Layered security is the term quoted from the military defense where an intruder exhausts its resources just by encountering the multiple layers of securities implemented to protect the system. This layered security stops rapid penetration. This measure has multiple faces which are implemented like policies, user training, authorized access, and others. This tactic of multiple security layers slows down the attacks and the system can buy some time to recover itself from the intrusion.
The second part of this section deals with the knowledge about domains in the security system. The domains are applications that allow authenticated users to enter and use the sensitive data and that also for a particular time period. These applications are nothing but authentication and authorization managing part of the security system.
- Section 3
The third section deals with all types of securities incorporated in the IT security system to stop external or internal threats.
- Server security deals with the measures taken to protect the server where the data is stored and can be accessed by physical or virtual methods. An apt server security measure can prevent malicious attacks and does not hamper the performance of the servers.
- Database security is the measure where the database is protected and secured from threats with the help of a multitude of processes and tools.
- Web and Internet Security deal with the security of the websites, applications, and services used by the organization.
- LAN security deals with the threats that emerge in the local area network like unauthorized access from any device connected with the network.
- Role of cloud applications and computing in an organization will be taught in this segment.
Other than the varieties of securities the third section deals with the standards and certifications given by the regulatory bodies. The certifications work like a label for an organization which can be trusted by customers or business partners. The security mark also enhances the brand image of the organization.
Requirements for the IT Security Course
Other than a computer with good internet connection, a learner needs enthusiasm and zeal to know. If the learner is previously introduced with the basics of computer and Concepts of Information Technology then he or she will understand the security concepts easily.
Contents of IT Security Course
The entire security fundamentals course is aptly segregated into valuable lectures from the expert professionals from the same background. The material is so well organized that a novice learner can earn good insights about the concepts. It has 9 lectures and 48 minutes of conceptual content from where an enthusiast can imbibe the fundamentals of the IT Security measures.
Target Audience of this IT security course
The security fundamentals training is best for the IT professionals who are in this domain. To gain more knowledge about this particular field the course is the best medium. In fact, anyone who is interested to know about the security measures implemented in the Information Technology sector can go through this online course for enlightenment.
IT Security Course Frequently asked questions
- What are the benefits of this security fundamentals course?
This IT security course takes a learner to the depths of the Information Technology Security systems that are implemented in the organizations. The proper insight can help the enthusiast to build good insight which he or she can implement in career development.
As more and more companies are indulging in implementing IT for better workflow and performance, the need of the IT professional will increase even more. So there is a good chance that after going through this course the learner can represent his or her apt knowledge to a reputed organization and land up with a good opportunity to apply the acquired knowledge.
- Is there any basic requirement to go through this course?
This security fundamental can be done by anyone who wants to know about IT security system vividly. It is best for the IT professionals who want to flourish in this prospective domain but a novice can start learning about the vast security systems by introducing himself in this well designed online curriculum.
- Is IT security all about securing computers in a network?
IT security is actually securing the sensitive information of a company that roams around in the devices in a network. The stringent process is implemented with the help of various types of software and protocols. The IT security course will discuss vividly the processes adopted by the organizations.
- How can learning security fundamentals help students?
The IT security training students from the Information Technology background can be immensely benefited from this IT security course as the curriculum is designed to impart absolute knowledge about the security measures taken by the organizations to protect classified information from malicious threats. By this, the students will aptly be introduced to the vast world of IT security training which can immensely help them in the future.
IT Security Course Testimonials
I am a student from the IT background. Since the start of my curriculum in a reputed college, I always wanted to know about the stringent measures undertaken by the big multinationals to protect their sensitive data from the external threats. When I went through this course I came to know vividly about the measures. All I can say is that after doing the course I am far ahead in my class in this aspect and can answer any question asked by my mentors easily.
Not to brag but I am an IT professional myself. I gave a second thought about shifting my career towards the security systems but was not getting anything that can lit my enthusiasm. The doors seemed wide open when I came to know about this security fundamentals course and enlisted without thinking twice. Needless to say I am truly benefitted with the high quality content and great lectures in the curriculum. The insight I developed is surely helping me to change my path. The IT security itself is a fascinating domain with full of challenges. And that is why this course is mandatory for all the guys out there like me. It is a vast area to work on but the course gives you the appropriate knowledge to start with. You can move on to the next level very easily. I am recommending the course to all the aspirants who want to visualize the world of IT security.
The world of IT security is very dynamic. Every now and then the scenario of security changes and you need to cope up with it. I felt a little left out with the new technologies implemented in this segment. This is when I decided to invest my time and resources in this online course and I can proudly say that I am truly benefitted from it. The gaps were properly fulfilled and I am certainly going to implement it in the right way. This course is definitely for those who seek more knowledge everyday to enlighten their path.
Action really speaks louder than words. I bought a book on IT security by breaking a fortune but it went in vain. The language seemed alien. Being discouraged I searched for an online course in this subject and checked the contents thoroughly. After a proper research I took the course. The audiovisual representations were just awesome and far more informative than the book. I cannot tell how much I have learned from the lectures and content delivered. After the course even the book seemed to be an easy one.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s IT Security Course. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|