Golang Programming Language Training:
Golang or Go Language Programming is an open source language which is highly efficient at what it does. Golang Programming language is a high-level programming language which means it directly comes into the likes of Python, Ruby, and Perl. Since Golang Programming language is an open source language, it means that one can heavily modify its code and use it as you want since it has an Open-BSD style license.
Golang was developed by Google approximately 7 years back. Back then, the programming for Google Servers was extremely coded centric and it was quite difficult to maintain the tough low level of codes. Google development team wanted something which was different from C and C++ but had all the qualities from them.
They wanted something to be as precise, fast and efficient as C for a network server along with hassle-free code development; and that is the reason Golang Programming language was developed. The language in Go is more expressive than C or Java and even more efficient in compiling and executing codes. It is even more reliable in writing robust programs when compared to C, C++ or Java. Go programming was actually intended for people already working on C and C++, to make their life easier. But it was never meant for system programming.
Golang Programming language is almost similar to C and C++ but does all those things in 5-6 lines of code which a C program can do in up to 20 lines of code. You can actually say that Golang programming language is a more advanced or more specifically, an updated version of C. Besides, Golang not only borrows its code reliability from C but also borrows a lot of other ideas from other languages while avoiding chaos and complexity.
Since Golang Programming is an open source language, all of its tools like the compilers, the libraries are all freely available online to anyone. Golang runs on UNIX, Linux, Mac OSX and also on Windows. Programs written in Go programming are highly scalable and portable. Most Pieces of codes or applications written in one environment can be easily executed in other environments without any modifications. Golang is more suited for developing large infrastructural applications such as network servers and systems for engineers.
The Go Language is actually a combination of C, Pascal, Algol60 and the likes of it. As I stated previously, Golang was actually developed out of frustration by the Google developers. The developers at Google are extremely smart, no doubt in that. But according to Rob Pike, the official developer of Golang, he states that solving one problem is not an issue. But writing one complex solution to a problem, indirectly makes the whole problem complex and this leads to time management issues.
That is the main reason why Golang was developed. If you have any experience in programming languages, you will recognize that Golang is extremely flexible and also works efficiently with concurrencies. Golang is more or less an object-oriented language. Golang and its interpreter can be easily installed from golang.org.
It has an executable and an MSI installer for Windows platform. It has an authentic memory management or more preferably termed as garbage collection in programming. Golang programming language even has a GitHub repository where people from all around the world share their coded applications and it even has a large community to support for developers. Officially, the Golang has more than even 90,000 repositories on GitHub. One can visit the repositories at https://github.com/golang.
About Golang Programming Language Training Course:
The whole Golang Programming Training course is taken on the Windows platform considering the large scale of Windows User. However, once can even install the Tar file for the Linux or the Dmg file for Mac and all the codes in the tutorials will work through easily without any code modification on either of the platforms.
This Golang programming language will take you through the basics till intermediate problems. Important parts in programming structures like the names, variables, assignments, and scopes have all been covered in the course. Following are the important Golang topics that will be covered in the Go programming language:
- Command-Line Arguments.
- Program Structures like names, declarations, variables, scope, and .assignments
- Basic Data Types like the floats, integers, Booleans (true and false), constants and strings.
- Arrays, slices, and Structs.
- Function declarations, Recursion, function values, errors and function calls.
- Method declarations, values and expressions.
- Go Routines and Channels, parallel looping and concurrencies.
- Shared variables, threads, and package declarations.
These are just a few out of all topics covered in the Golang Programming language training. You will be taught how to install different packages, the installer and how to work in the whole Golang environment.
Few of the examples which cannot be covered due to software limitations will be covered via a decent text editor. After this Golang Programming Training, you can easily start developing web applications on the go, and make it executable in Linux, Mac and Windows as well.
Since Golang Programming language was more specifically developed for writing networking servers, this course will heavily depend that you know at least some basics in any of the programming languages or at least the terminologies. This Golang Programming language training is more diverted towards developing web-related applications.
Why learn Golang Programming Training?
We have listed down few reasons, why you should learn the Golang Programming Training. Here are some of the reasons as follows for learning Golang Programming language training:
- Golang programming installer comprises packages which are similar to that of libraries and modules of other languages. These packages consist of multiple files ending with the extension ‘.go’ which means they are Go executable files, and these source files are placed in their own directories stating as to what exactly the whole package does. Every other source file begins with the declaration of packages stating as to where the package actually belongs to which follows with a list of other included packages that can be imported via the package itself. The program declarations are all stored in that specific file. The basic Go Programming library has more than 100 packages which can perform simple tasks like giving input and output along with complex tasks such as advanced sorting and text manipulation. Example being, the fmt package contains the basic functions of scanning an input and printing the output.
- Golang Programming language, through acts like C, it doesn’t need any semicolons or any other declarations at the end of statements to understand that. The main reason being when you compile the code, the newline that is printed when you pressed ‘Enter’ automatically gets converted into a semicolon when parsing the code. However, Go Programming has a strong discipline of formatting proper codes. All of this formatting is performed by the gofmt command. All the programs written in this code have been started with gofmt except one or two which it is seriously not needed. It is actually a good habit to make sure all the code goes through the gofmt command. Frankly speaking, all of this may seem a bit too much if you are a beginner, but practically speaking when you actually try out these codes, you will actually recognize the similarity of a lot of languages in Go. Go Programming can really be a good beginner learning language the main reason being it will give you a combined idea of a lot of programming languages. For example to say, if you start with a high-level language like python which is actually much easier than Go Programming, but still, you will miss out a lot of things between the batteries used and the magic happening between the codes. But if you start with a near to low-level languages like that of C or Java, you will actually go crazy compiling your first piece of code and most of your time will be spent on debugging them. That’s not the case with Go. The main reason being it has the simplicity of high-level languages along with the speed and efficiency of low-level language. This makes it easy to migrate to any other programming language. This is not the case with C, Java, Python or Ruby. A C developer will find Python rubbish because of the most of the things happening behind the scenes, whereas a Python developer will find C programming unnecessarily time to consume and hard. After learning to Go Programming, you can easily switch to any other programming language regardless of whether it’s high level or low level.
Golang Programming Training v/s Other Programming languages:
First things first, Golang is an open source language with the qualities of C, but easy to learn like that in the case of Python or Ruby. But to be blunter, Golang Programming language is quite far different from them.
Let’s say, for example, if Golang has the concurrencies that are similar to that of C and C++, then it also has what is known as ‘Batteries Included’ as that in the case of Python. Batteries included means most of the needed code is compiled and already converted into modules are stored in Go Programming.
You just need to call these modules to make them work in Golang Programming language. These libraries clean APIs and blocks to build applications related to animation and graphics, encryption, network processing and also text processing with a wide variety of support from different protocols.
These modules or the so-called ‘batteries’ help to build a program much faster, the reason being code writing for these modules are totally avoided since they are simply imported into the applications. Thus, this helps us to write a program as fast as Python with the qualities of being as speedy as C or Java.
Pre-requisites for Golang Programming Training:
There is actually no official pre-requisite for learning Golang Programming Training. As I have mentioned again and again that Golang itself can be a pre-requisite for learning any other languages.
As in case of learning materials, having a good text editor, for example, Notepad++, vim, gedit would actually prove more than efficient when learning rather than using the plain old windows notepad. The main reason being these editors actually differentiate the pieces of code with different colors and also tag each line with a number. This makes it easier to debug, find modules within the code and other functions easily from the whole application code.
Since Golang is similar to that of C, it too is an object-oriented language. But still, the approach of Go towards object orientation is quite different from that of C. In Go, there are no hierarchies of class.
Inheritance does not create complex objects here. It’s the job of simple objects to create complex objects here. In Go Language, methods can be made to associate with any user-defined type and not just structures.
The relation between different types, for example, the concrete and the abstract one are implicit.
All the programs in the Go programming language can be identified via its imported packages and they can be compiled, built and installed using the Go command.
However, in order to make it work, you will have to set a specific environment variable path to it. These things are defined by default in Python and Ruby, but not in the go installer.
You can, however, set the Go programming language environment path using the following on a command line:
|$export GOPATH=C:/goprogs # choosing a directory to work$go get gopl.io/C:/Desktop/helloworld # compile, build and install$ $GOPATH/C:/goprogs/bin/HelloWorld # executeHello, World|
Golang Programming Training: Real Life Applications!
Golang is an excellent programming language and there is no doubt in that. The instance that it is built by the developers at Google itself proves its worth. Golang programming is one of the most modern and sophisticated programming languages out there.
Go programming language was designed for its concurrency and built with support for modern hardware architectures. There is no doubt that it supports ARM devices as well. This proves it’s well worth since with the emergence of new technologies, we need languages that can move along with it rather than behind it as it is in the case of Perl. That is one of the main reason why Perl was replaced with most Ruby or Python code.
With most programming languages people often face the difficulty of one code not working in other or making changes in the compiled codes. That’s not the case with Go, however. Go was designed by Google developers for only one purpose – solving Problems. And that’s what a programming language should do.
When building applications with older programming languages, people often find loads of bugs and incompatibility and spend time resolving these issues.
Solving a problem is not an issue, but what people often find uncomfortable or rather irritating is that solving one complex bug, leads to another bug which is again more complex.
So, no matter how simple the code was when the application was developed, these patches which are extremely complex make the whole software much more complicated. And that is what Golang programming tends to avoid.
Building applications with Golang Programming Training:
Building an application is not just writing several parts of the code and executing it. Developing an application also includes other processes such as testing, documenting the program, package management and many more. All of these processes are available in Golang straight out of the box. When writing a Go programming language, you don’t need to document it separately. One can make use of the ‘Go doc’ to create an automated documentation with the help of PHP doc or Javadoc. These parts help to generate documentation on command line basis and can create an entire website based just on a program’s documentation. Testing is also built in by default in Golang. One can make use of the ‘Go test’to start default testing on applications. Similarly, package management can also be done with the help of Github and Mercurial.
Golang has garbage collection by default. If you have experience in any Go programming language, or at least in any compiled language, you may know that they have their own memory management. But however, there are few complications in that. Manually managing memory leaves out the high probability of having memory leak issues. Some people like their own memory management, but this does not apply to at least 80% of the programmers. People are more interested towards developing a leak-proof app, rather than building everything from source. And Go programming language takes care of this by handling memory management in its own terms without having us to fiddle and have memory leaks.
Performance is also people consider these days. Good performance in the application means better use of resources and less needed power and errors. Golang Programming language here provides beautiful use of multiple threaded cores which leads to faster code development than most of the languages out there. For example, to say I’ve written programs in Python, Ruby and Go; and Go compiles and runs much faster than either Python or Ruby. One thing people may pinpoint is that Golang programming language is a statically typed language. People often tend to use a dynamic language for quick work. But however, though Go programming language is statically typed, it is far different from the likes of any other similar language and is much more fun to write it.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Go Lang Programming Training courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|