What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is basically a SaaS (Software as a Service) where the users need to sign up for an account and start using the software for their business. It was initially developed as a Customer relationship Management product but it has improved a lot and gone beyond that. Now a day’s everything goes online and it becomes difficult for the companies to maintain huge databases. So they can get a space for them on the cloud storage which is offered by Salesforce. In today’s world Salesforce is one of the leading web based database provider in the market. Salesforce is well known for its CRM.
What is CRM?
A CRM is a tool which lets you to manage your customers, partners and all the other information of your business at a single place.
What is Salesforce CRM?
It is a set of business processes and applications which help the companies to manage all the information in one centralized location. It is the best CRM tool in the market now. Salesforce provides its services in the following four fields of clouds – Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Collaboration cloud and Force.com custom cloud.
CRM Training Objectives
At the end of this course you will be able to
- Understand what is Salesforce
- Learn more about cloud computing works
- Learn how to create a Salesforce account
- Use Salesforce in an effective way
Pre requisites for taking CRM Training
For taking this course you need not possess any prior Salesforce experience. You just need to have the passion to learn about Salesforce. If you know the basics of cloud computing then it will be an added advantage for you in this course.
This course is designed for everyone who is interested in learning about Salesforce. Salesforce has different type of editions for groups, professional and companies. A person can select their type of edition according to their goals and features.
CRM Training Description
Section 1: Understanding Cloud computing
Introduction to cloud computing
In this chapter we are going to learn about what is cloud computing, definition for cloud computing, benefits of cloud computing and drawbacks of cloud computing.
There are five main characteristics of cloud computing – On demand self service, Broad network access, resource pooling, rapid elasticity and measured service. These are explained in detail in this section.
Cloud computing services
In this chapter we are going to learn about cloud computing services like Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS). This section will also include some of the cloud service providers.
Section 2: Understanding Salesforce Developer
Introduction to Salesforce
This section will help you to learn what is Salesforce, what is Salesforce CRM, Features of Salesforce.com, What is Salesforce App exchange, Why you should consider using Salesforce app exchange program, What is Salesforce infrastructure and how Salesforce is helpful to business.
Salesforce(Configuration and Customization)
In this section we will learn how Salesforce allows its users to configure their own CRM application and how the customer support centre helps in doing that.
Salesforce(Create Salesforce app)
In this chapter you will learn the step by step by procedure in creating Salesforce App in Salesforce.com using screenshots
Section 3: Warehouse
Creating Warehouse App
This section teaches you how to build a cloud app. It explains what is custom object and also covers the three steps in creating a cloud app in detail.
Creating Invoice Object
To make the warehouse app more realistic you need to keep a track of the invoices of the warehouse. In this tutorial you will learn
- How to create the invoice object using the wizard
- Adding an invoice tab to the app
- Reordering tabs in the app
- Adding status field to the invoice object
Creating Its Relation
This section deals with the following topics
- Creating the line item object
- How to add a quantity field
- How to relate line items to invoice
- Look up merchandise items
- Testing the app and viewing the schema
All these are explained with screenshots for your easy understanding
Warehouse Data Import using Custom object
In this tutorial we will learn how to load data into the warehouse app which can be viewed by everyone in the organization. It includes creating the data file, loading the data file and testing the app sections.
Section 4: Customizing Interface
In this chapter you will learn the advanced point and click development to improve the database and the user interface.
Customize user interface-View of data
This section lets you learn how to create custom views in Salesforce apps as per your needs. It contains three steps – Viewing a list of invoices, Creating a new view and Testing the app
Customize user interface-Modify Page Layout
In this section you will learn how to customize the detail page for a particular record using different page layouts. You will learn how to modify them using a six step procedure
- Open the page layout editor
- Knowing the page layout
- Rearrange fields on a page layout
- Add fields to the related list
- Editing a mini page layout and testing it in the app
Customize User Interface-Mobile Access Layout
This chapter will help you to understand the steps in creating a mobile specific page layout. You will learn the following topics in this chapter
- Optimize an existing page layout for mobile device
- Creating compact layouts
- Adding mobile cards to the pages
Customize user Interface-Enable Social Collaboration
In this tutorial you will learn how to collaborate your mobile devices with your page layout so that you can receive notifications whenever someone interacts with your page. It has a three step process which is also included in this section
- Examine the merchandise page layout
- Enable collaboration on invoices
- Enable notifications for mobile
Section 5: Adding App Logic
Adding App Logic- Automate Field Object using Workflow
Here you will learn advanced point and click development to improve the user interface. The topics covered under this chapter includes the following
- Research the line item detail page – In this section you will learn how to create a new field for the line item object
- Create a Unit price field – The steps for creating a new price field is explained in this section
- Populate the unit price field – Creating a workflow rule and assigning an action to the workflow rule is given with step by step procedures and screenshots
- Update the inventory – In this section the workflow rule is created
- Activate the workflow rule – The workflow rule is activated using an activation link in this step
- Testing the app – Finally the new workflow rule is tested
Adding Formula Field
In this chapter you will learn how to create a new formula field in the line item object without the use of codes. Here a value is calculated for each line item.
Adding Roll Up Summary Field
Roll Up summary field combines all of the line items into a single invoice total. The steps for calculating the total of the roll up summary field is given here with simple steps.
Section 6: Building App Logic
Enforce Business Rule
Business rules are very crucial for every organization to prevent the bad data from entering into the system. In this chapter you will learn how to enforce business rules using the following steps
- Understanding the business rule- Go to the warehouse app and study the invoice details under Invoices tab
- Creation of a validation rule – Steps to create and edit the validation rule is given here.
- Testing the validation rule
- If there is any change to me made modify the rule and test it again
Creating an Approval Process
The approval process is important to decide who must approve the records at each and every step. It also contains the actions that has to be done when a record is submitted, approved, rejected or neglected. The approval process contains the following steps
- Creating an approval process
- Research the approval process detail page
- Modify the process
- Activate the process
- Testing it and configuration of approvals for chatter
How to Use Approval Process
This section explains how to use the approval process in a step by step procedure.
How to add Flow Variable
Flow variables are used to store data and in this section you will learn how to create flow variables using few steps
Adding Flow Form Screen
Here the screen is used to collect data and the screen uses form style fields. This chapter contains the steps of entering data through screens using screenshots
Adding Record Create element
Record create element is used to create a line item record of the data in the workflow.
Adding Confirmation Screen
The confirmation screen is used to let the users know that the workflow is complete. The creation of confirmation screen is explained under this chapter.
Adding Custom Button
The custom button will help to direct the flow using an URL and set the flow finish behaviour.
Adding Fault Screen
If any error occurs during the flow then the fault screen will display an information to the user. The steps for creating the fault screen is given under this topic.
Creating a Report
The warehouse app includes the Reports tab which will help you to create, edit, run and schedule reports. This chapter also includes the following topics
- Create a simple report – This step will help to create a simple tabular format report using step by step procedure.
- Getting out more information from report – The data can be viewed in various ways and in this section the simple report is changed to a fancy report using few steps.
- Adding chart with Report – This section explains how to visually view your data in the form of charts. Different type of charts can also be combined.
Dashboards shows all the important information at a glance. The data in dashboards can appear in the form of charts, tables or metrics. The chapter has the following section under it
- Creating a new dashboard
- Adding a pie chart component
- Accessing dashboards from the mobile device
Running Report Synchronously
If a report is run Synchronously then it increases the speed. If you need to track the hourly changes of your app then you can run your report Synchronously
Running report Asynchronously
Running report Asynchronously takes some time to get back the results but it has its own advantages. You can use such reports anytime for the next 24 hours.
How show, Find and Refresh Dashboard
In this chapter you will learn how to use reports and dashboards REST API to access and refresh dashboards and reports
Enhancing mobile Experience With Global Action
You need to customize the layout and data for mobile devices. In this chapter you will learn what is quick actions, global actions and object specific actions. The sub topics of this chapter includes
- Creating records using global actions
- Creating records using object specific actions
FAQ’s on CRM Training
- What does this course on Salesforce provide me ?
You will be gaining knowledge on the world’s number one cloud computing platform through this course. You become readily employable by taking up this course as it gives you a better understanding about the topic and a better scope to get a great job in this field.
- How does this course help me to improve my career ?
Salesforce is considered as one of the best cloud computing platforms in the world. By gaining a lot of knowledge about such platform from this course will help you get equipped to get the latest jobs in today’s technological world.
I really enjoyed taking this course. I learnt a lot about Salesforce with very good contents and step by step procedures. This CRM Training helped me to get placed in a good job. Now I am recognized as a Salesforce professional and all credit goes to this course.
CRM Training is a very useful course for beginners as well as for professionals. Taking up this course has helped me to stay on top of my career. Being a certified Salesforce professional gave me extra confidence to solve the real time issues. The flow of the content in this course is excellent and very clear. This made the learning process easy and grasp things easily. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone interested in learning Salesforce.