Broadcasting Sector Financial Modeling Training
Broadcasting sector financial modeling is an online course for all those who want to learn and make their career in the financial modeling of Broadcasting Sector. You will be learning importance of broadcasting sector financial modeling. Projecting Income Statement Revenues, Projecting Depreciation, Amortization Schedule Flow Diagram, Debt Schedule Flow Diagram are some of the important concepts covered in the broadcasting sector financial modeling training.
What is Financial Modeling?
Financial modeling is a key skill set required in today’s fast paced competitive corporate environment. It is a field of expertise that fulfils the need of investors for making investment decisions which require in depth knowledge; based on facts and assumptions. With the help of financial modeling, an investor can decide whether a particular investment decision is profitable or not. Such investment decisions are mostly long term but sometimes they help for short term decision making too. Financial modeling is mostly required by project finance companies, mutual funds, various research houses, credit rating agencies, financial KPOs, etc. The application of financial modeling is immense so in depth knowledge of this skill is a must and hands-on experience is an added advantage for a bright career in this field.
What is the need of broadcasting sector financial modeling training?
Financial Modeling is an integral part of equity research, investment banking, and corporate finance. It involves analyzing and projecting the financials of the company which are based on assumptions. The finance professional has to forecast numerous financial statements like balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement. This training is completely based on the case study of global giant ‘Time Warner Inc’. The course starts from scratch to show how to build a financial model of a firm in Broadcasting and Cable TV industry. The participants are encouraged to prepare financial models in MS Excel from scratch with step by step instructions and model templates in the same manner as it is done at investment banks.
Why should you learn broadcasting sector financial modeling?
Today’s economy is fast developing, uncertain and changing rapidly. You need to update yourself, learn and unlearn the skills, learn new concepts and tools required to have an edge in this competitive market.
- Through this broadcasting sector financial modeling course, you will learn how to prepare a financial model.
- The course will be taught with the help of a case study of a global company – Time Warner Inc. The company belongs to the Broadcasting and Cable TV sector in the US and is one of the giants of that sector with other market players.
- The training material is very competitive and updated as per the industry requirements and is prepared by financial research analysts and industry experts.
- You will learn to analyze various financial statements and how it helps in making assumptions and forecasting. It also helps understanding how an individual item of the financial statements affects the final output and how it forms an integrated financial model.
- This unique course is very helpful for those who are willing to make their career in investment banking related profile.
The course is divided into 13 comprehensive sections. Each section covers the relevant concept in depth and with real time examples and case study.
- Introduction – This is in introductory section where you get an idea about the overview of the Broadcasting and Cable TV industry, market players of the industry, Comcast company profile and its SWOT analysis.
- Populating the Historical’s
- Fundamental Analysis – In this section, a participant can learn Horizontal and Vertical analysis and Ratio Analysis.
- Revenue Build up – This section explains revenue build up and its necessary linkages.
- Cost Sheet – This section deals with Direct and Indirect costs and necessary linkages.
- Depreciation Schedule – Various aspects of Depreciation like depreciation schedule, depreciation expenses of assets, land, building and improvements and linkages are explained here.
- Amortization Schedule
- Working Capital Schedule – This section gives an idea about the forecast of current assets and current liabilities, working capital and linkages.
- Shareholders Equity Schedule – Shareholders Equity schedule and linkages are explained in this section.
- Debt Schedule – Here you can learn how to start debt schedule, concepts related to short term borrowing and linkages.
- Completing the Financial Statements – This is a very important section as you understand how to compile the available information and to complete the financial statement to derive useful results.
- EPS Calculations and Formatting – Earning Per Share plays a vital role in making financial decisions. You will learn to calculate EPS and how to use it for the investment decision making.
- This course is competitive, comprehensive and updated to make you ready for your investment banking job from the very first day of your career.
What are the requirements / pre-requisites of Broadcasting Sector Financial Modeling Training?
There is no pre learning required to learn financial modeling course. This Broadcasting sector Financial Modeling course from eduCBA starts from the scratch and is easy to understand. If you want to upgrade your skills or want to make your career in the financial management area, this is the ideal course for you. Though sound understanding of basic finance and accounting concepts, could be advantageous to learn the course. If you already know financial fundamental concepts, valuation concepts, terminology, general business procedures, the course is little easy to learn. Knowledge of basic excel functions could be an added advantage.
Don’t get disheartened if you have no idea of the above mentioned things. The course covers all the relevant concepts scratch and the basics of financial modeling and MS Excel in detail.
Who should attend this Broadcasting Sector financial modeling training?
Do you want to have a lucrative career but you are not confidant? Are you a finance professional but not sure about your career path? Don’t worry! eduCBA brings the most competitive course in Broadcasting Sector Financial Modeling for your career growth. This training can be taken by anyone who has a passion for working with large numbers. The course is designed in an easy to understand manner starting from scratch. eduCBA provides training with the help of a case study of a global giant. You will be able to prepare perfect financial models for such large corporate from the day one of your work. This is an ideal course for students, professionals, researchers and managers, financial analysts, investment bankers. The training provides you a plethora of career options which you can consider after undergoing the training.
- This course is suitable for professionals in investment banking or who want to become a part of finance department in any kind of organization.
- This course is ideal for career in equity research, business planning and strategy, banking, commercial banks, corporate finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, project management, investment banking, accountants, private finance companies, portfolio management, risk management.
- This course is suitable for you if you are pursuing MBA Finance, CFA, FRM, CA, or any other financial management related course.
- This course is for everyone who wants to get involved in investment banking or finance related profession.
- This course is very useful to a graduate in any stream (degree, diploma, B. Tech or engineering) who wants to make a career in investment banking and finance.
- This course is also helpful for those in non finance related careers such as Business Planning.
FAQs – General Questions
- Is Financial Modeling Training Necessary for a career in broadcasting sector?
Yes. Financial modeling is one of the most demanded key skills in corporate world. In this ever evolving global economy, you want to reach on the top of your organization chart and want to be one step ahead of your peers. If this is what you always dreamt of, then sound knowledge of broadcasting sector financial modeling will help boost your career in the desired direction in incredible ways. Instead of taking instructions from your boss, you become your boss and design the financial growth plan of the company. Financial modeling gives you an added advantage in taking your career to the next level or when the industry faces any dynamic change. The demand of financial professionals is very high and you can expect good offers from global companies if you posses necessary skill set along with experience.
- I have no idea about broadcasting industry and a little knowledge of accountancy. Will this course help me for my career growth?
Don’t worry if you have no idea about broadcasting and cable TV industry. This course is designed in such a way that you understand the industry very well. The Time Warner Inc. case study is solved by the participant to understand how these companies and industry work in real world. All the concepts of financial modeling related to the industry are explained in detail with examples. The online tutorials and videos are self explanatory. This course will give your career a boost!
- What are the advantages of this training from eduCBA?
The training program is competitive, easy to understand and self-paced. The participants are expected to take 80 hours online training to complete it. The course includes various excel model templates to build, analyze, and interpret financial models in a step-by-step manner in the most practical way. The program helps bridge the gap between academics and on the job situation to equip students with the practical financial skill set which is essential to work in the real world.
“eduCBA is a good website to take the training on broadcasting sector financial modeling. The training is so crisp, clear and keeps you engaged throughout. The comprehensive training consists of basics of financial modeling and every minute detail related to the subject. By the end of the training, I was able to prepare the financial models on my own. I had a good start in the investment banking sector after taking this course. Thank you eduCBA!”
“I always felt nervous when asked to prepare financial model in the beginning of my investment banking career. Then I took broadcast sector financial modeling from eduCBA and it was a great learning experience! The course covers the learning tools and functions of Microsoft Excel, basics of accounting to make the financial models more understandable.”
“Preparing financial models for a company is not an easy job. We have to be careful about the smallest details as they matter a lot for the future forecast. Even after completing MBA Finance, I was not able to do it properly and was never confident about it. Then I took broadcast sector financial modeling course from eduCBA and it is just awesome! It transformed my career path. The course tutorials and videos are so clear and to the point that you can master the subject!”
Career Benefits of broadcasting sector financial modeling course
Finance professional is supposed to work with large numbers throughout his career. A career in broadcasting sector requires a person to create financial models to help analyze and project financial statements. This training provides several career options with added benefits. This unique course from eduCBA prepares you for various career roles in core finance field. If you wish to be at the top of the organization hierarchy, then this broadcasting sector financial modeling training is your gateway. You can make your career in many areas and industries such as:
- Investment Partner – Film/Movies Fund
- Equity Research Analyst – Retail & Auto
- Business Analyst – Real Estate
- Research Analyst – Economic Data
- Finance Manager
- VP/AVP – Debt Markets Advisory
- Group Manager – Acquisitions
- Project Manager – Financial Model Conversion
- Financial Modeling & Audit
- Equity Research
- Venture Analyst
- Market Risk Analyst
- Market Data Quantitative Analyst
It is clear that a career that makes use of broadcasting sector financial modeling training will give your career a new path. If you choose for financial modeling career, you will have an added advantage over your peers and you will have a rewarding career.
This online broadcasting sector financial modeling course is designed for students and professionals who want to master investment banking skills. The resources included here are from basics tutorials to super advanced concepts of Investment Banking with the help of competitive tutorials and HD videos.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Financial Modeling – Broadcasting Sector Courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|