Introduction to Corporate Finance Executive Jobs
Corporate Finance executive jobs will mainly include working for a company to help it raise money to run the business, expand the business, undertake acquisitions, manage cash and plan for the future of the company. While doing so you might work for a large MNC or a smaller company with high growth prospects. In such cases, your problem-solving skills will be handy all the time. Your main job will always be to create value for the company.
Corporate Finance Executive Jobs
What do you understand by the term Corporate Finance? Are you thinking to pursue a career in corporate finance? Interested to know what the term actually means??? So let’s get you started with the meaning of Corporate Finance. Your Job description for Corporate finance executive jobs is relatively stable. Your performance is always looked upon but this does not only mean that you should be the number one salesman for the company or you are always getting good deals. Rather the key to performing well in corporate finance is to work with vision and value creation for the company, keeping in mind the long-term prospects.
Benefits of working in corporate finance executive jobs
- You will become a team player which help you work with people
- Tackling business problems will make you ready for any challenges.
- Opportunities to travel and meet interesting people.
- Also, the packages offered are generally quite good.
Corporate finance Executive Jobs Positions
Your duties as a financial analyst will include-
- Determining financing needs
- Analyzing capital budgeting projects
- Financial planning
- Analyzing possible acquisitions and asset sales if any
- Visiting credit agencies to explain your firm’s position
- Working on budgets
- Analyzing competitors
- Preparing and implementing financial plans,
- Monitoring the market price of your firm’s securities
Thus you will be assigned to work in areas like revenue, planning, capital budgeting or project finance. It is indeed a challenging job that requires good analytical skills, computer skills.
The most important thing is that you need to have an absolute passion for finance with a broad understanding of concepts.
Your JD as a treasurer will involve supervision of Treasury department. Treasury Department is involved in financial planning, raising funds, cash management and acquiring and disposing of assets.
This position commands both analytical skill and the ability to manage and motivate your colleagues.
A Credit Manager establishes policies for granting credit to suppliers, sets procedures for collecting credit and considers whether to securitize receivables.
You need a thorough understanding of the financial statements and good knowledge of your customer.
Following will be your duties if you are a cash manager
- Establishing relationships with banks.
- Managing short-term credit needs.
- Ensuring sufficient cash for working capital needs.
- Putting excess cash into use.
Your job will be detail-oriented and requires a good ability to negotiate.
Excited to be a benefits officer, but don’t know what you JD is? Here is a list of things on which you will work upon
- Managing pension fund assets
- Setting up employee plans
- Determining health care benefits policies
- Working with human resources to set up cost-effective employee benefits.
If you become a “Benefits Officer” be sure that you have sound finance knowledge, knowledge of human resources management and a good understanding of organizational behavior.
Real Estate Officer
As a real estate officer, you will be finding real estate locations for a company, negotiating on lease agreements, acquiring real estate and evaluating properties.
This job requires a good understanding of finance and real estate.
Investor Relations Officer
Your major duties will be
- Dealing with the investing public.
- Responding to queries from institutional investors.
- Issuing press releases to explain corporate events.
- Organizing teleconferences with investors.
This challenging job involves constant contact with top-level executives. You also need to have an understanding of finance and public relations.
A controller is mainly involved in financial planning, accounting, financial reporting and cost analysis. You will also get involved in property, revenue, benefits, derivatives, lease, and joint interest accounting. You may also work on creating and forecasting models to project revenues and costs.
You really require an extensive accounting experience to get this position.
The story of a Corporate finance Job!!!
Having known the various positions that are offered for corporate finance executive jobs, let us now understand some important points before you get into such jobs.
Team Players wanted
Corporate Finance Executive jobs demand that you are a team player, whether you are at a higher or a lower management level. At the higher level, maintaining relationships is critically important.
Be Positively Different
Always remember that if you are good at your job then you can create enormous value.
A job with a bright future indeed!!!
Hot job categories include international and operationally-oriented positions. Hot industries include manufacturing, high-technology, environmental management services, and distribution.
It’s a world for Strategic and Global Thinkers!!!
Top CEO’s will always want people who are strategic thinking, having a fresh perspective, and honesty. Hence the demand for executives who can formulate strategies and bring change on a global scale is bound to increase.
Door Wide Open to Women
Women have made a dynamic entry in this corporate finance world and have built rapid inroads to various corporate finance executive jobs.
Pay throughout corporate finance areas is increasing. The compensation includes salary, bonus, stock options exercised, etc.
Be sure to brush up your Negotiation Skills
A key skill for financial professionals is the ability to negotiating. If you are able to make your clients at ease at the negotiating table, while still getting a good price, then you are invaluable.
Corporate finance executive jobs demand professionals get involved in value-based management. Here they find out how and where the shareholder value is being created in each of a company’s activities. Some of the most innovative firms are now using value management.
Integrated Risk Management
There is growing attention to integrated methods of risk and liability management. Many firms have distributed risk management activities where each division or plant can hedge away price and interest rate risk.
Challenges must drive you!!!
It’s all about taking challenges and getting the desired results.
Companies want more and more leaders. The financial leaders should have experience with the dynamics of the financial markets and be innovators in that market as well. He should be a strategic planner, a problem solver, and an innovative leader.
Corporate Finance isn’t only Bean Counting
The disparaging view of finance professionals as “bean counters” is changing fast, this means that the demand for smart, communicative and thoughtful people in finance positions is bound to continue in the future.
Corporate finance executive jobs – List of Job Portals
- Times Jobs
- Monster India
- Placement India
- Jobs DB India
- Career Age
Corporate Finance Salaries
Salaries for the corporate finance executive jobs may vary according to the region and firm but the general overview is as follows.
- Starting salaries in corporate finance with a bachelor’s degree may range from $35,000 to $50,000.
- Starting salaries with an MBA degree may range from $55,000 to $80,000.
- Corporate Finance entry level job with a bachelor’s degree will give you a position of a junior financial analyst.
- Corporate Finance entry-level job with an MBA degree will give you a position of a financial analyst.
Example of Corporate Finance Job Description
- Advise on how to meet targets and create investment capital
- Create financial models to predict outcomes
- Negotiating and structuring financial details
- Liaise with all parties involved in transactions
- Preparing legal documents and prospectuses
- Assessing and predicting financial risks and returns
- Contribute to bid proposals and formal presentations
Person Specifications required are as follows
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Ability to make recommendations wherever possible.
- Engineers or graduates with knowledge of Financial Modeling
- CFA also preferred
We hope that this article on corporate finance executive Jobs has added some value to you. So looking at the various mentioned job positions as above, start analyzing where you fit well and get your journey started.
Online Corporate Finance Advanced Training
CFA Level 1 Corporate finance
Corporate Finance Executive Jobs Infographics
Learn the juice of this article in just a single minute, Corporate finance Jobs Infographics
This has been a guide to the corporate finance executive jobs. Here are some articles that will help you to get more detail about the corporate finance executive jobs so just go through the link.