Updated October 11, 2023
Definition of Corporate Finance Executive Jobs
Corporate Finance executive jobs will mainly include working for a company to help it raise money to run, expand, undertake acquisitions, manage cash, and plan for the company’s future.
While doing so, you might work for a large MNC or a smaller company with high growth prospects. In such cases, your problem-solving skills will be handy all the time. Your primary job will always be to create value for the company.
Corporate Finance Executive Jobs
What do you understand by the term Corporate Finance? Are you thinking of pursuing a career in corporate Finance? Interested to know what the term means??? So, let’s get you started with the meaning of Corporate Finance. Your Job description for Corporate finance executive jobs is relatively stable. Your performance is always looked upon, but this does not mean that you should be the number one salesman for the company or you are always getting good deals. Instead, the key to performing well in corporate Finance is to work with vision and value creation for the company, keeping in mind the long-term prospects.
Benefits of Working in Corporate Finance Executive Jobs
- You will become a team player, which will help you work with people.
- Tackling business problems will make you ready for any challenges.
- Opportunities to travel and meet interesting people.
- Also, the packages offered are generally good.
Corporate Finance Executive Jobs Positions
Your duties as a financial analyst will include the following-
- Determining financing needs
- Analyzing capital budgeting projects
- Financial planning
- Analyzing possible acquisitions and asset sales, if any
- Visiting credit agencies to explain your firm’s position
- Working on budgets
- Analyzing competitors
- Preparing and implementing financial plans,
- Monitoring the market price of your firm’s securities
Thus, you will be assigned to work in areas like revenue, planning, capital budgeting, or project finance. It is a challenging job that requires good analytical and computer skills.
Most importantly, you must have an absolute passion for Finance and a broad understanding of concepts.
Your JD as a treasurer will involve the supervision of the Treasury department. The Treasury Department is involved in financial planning, raising funds, cash management, and acquiring and disposing of assets.
This position commands analytical skills and the ability to manage and motivate your colleagues.
A Credit Manager establishes policies for granting credit to suppliers, sets procedures for collecting credit, and considers whether to securitize receivables.
It would be best if you had a thorough understanding of the financial statements and good knowledge of your customers.
Following will be your duties if you are a cash manager
- Establishing relationships with banks.
- Managing short-term credit needs.
- It ensures sufficient cash for working capital needs.
- Putting excess money into use.
Your job will be detail-oriented and require an excellent ability to negotiate.
Excited to be a benefits officer but don’t know what your JD is? Here is a list of things on which you will work upon
- Managing pension fund assets
- Setting up employee plans
- Determining health care benefits policies
- Working with human resources to set up cost-effective employee benefits.
If you become a “Benefits Officer,” be sure you have sound finance knowledge, knowledge of human resources management, and a good understanding of organizational behavior.
Real Estate Officer
As a real estate officer, you will find real estate locations for a company, negotiate lease agreements, acquire real estate, and evaluate properties.
This job requires a good understanding of Finance and real estate.
Investor Relations Officer
Your primary duties will be
- Dealing with the investing public.
- Responding to queries from institutional investors.
- Issuing press releases to explain corporate events.
- Organizing teleconferences with investors.
This challenging job involves constant contact with top-level executives. It would be best if you also understood Finance and public relations.
A controller is mainly involved in financial planning, accounting, financial reporting, and cost analysis. You will also get involved in property, revenue, benefits, derivatives, lease, and joint interest accounting. You may also work on creating and forecasting models to project revenues and costs.
To be eligible for this position, you must have significant accounting experience.
The Story of a Corporate Finance Job!!!
Knowing the various positions offered for corporate finance executive jobs, let us now understand some essential points before you get into such jobs.
Team Players Wanted
Corporate Finance Executive jobs demand that you are a team player, whether at a higher or a lower management level. At the higher level, maintaining relationships is critically important.
Be Positively Different
Remember that you can create enormous value if you are good at your job.
A job with a bright future indeed!!!
Hot job categories include international and operationally oriented positions. Hot industries include manufacturing, high-technology, environmental management services, and distribution.
It’s a world for Strategic and Global Thinkers!!!
Top CEOs will always want people with strategic thinking, a fresh perspective, and honesty. Hence, the demand for executives who can formulate strategies and bring change on a global scale is bound to increase.
Door Wide Open to Women
Women have made a dynamic entry into this corporate finance world and have made rapid inroads into various executive positions.
Pay throughout corporate finance areas is increasing. The compensation includes salary, bonus, stock options exercised, etc.
Be sure to brush up on your Negotiation Skills.
An essential skill for financial professionals is the ability to negotiate. You are invaluable if you can put your clients at ease at the negotiating table while still getting a reasonable price.
Corporate finance executive jobs demand professionals get involved in value-based management. They determine how and where the shareholder value is created in each company’s activities. Some of the most innovative firms are now using value management.
Integrated Risk Management
There is growing attention to integrated methods of risk and liability management. Many firms have distributed risk management activities where each division or plant can hedge away price and interest rate risk.
Challenges must drive you!!!
It’s all about taking challenges and getting the desired results.
Companies want more and more leaders. Financial leaders should have experience with the dynamics of the financial markets and be innovators in that market. He should be a strategic planner, a problem solver, and an innovative leader.
Corporate Finance isn’t only bean-counting
The disparaging view of finance professionals as “bean counters” is changing fast; the demand for intelligent, communicative, and thoughtful people in finance positions will continue.
Corporate Finance Executive Jobs – List of Job Portals
- Times Jobs
- Monster India
- Placement India
- Jobs DB India
- Career Age
Corporate Finance Salaries
Salaries for corporate Finance executive jobs may vary according to the region and firm, but the general overview is as follows.
- Corporate finance salaries with bachelor’s degrees may range from $35,000 to $50,000.
- Starting salaries with an MBA may range from $55,000 to $80,000.
- Corporate Finance entry-level job with a bachelor’s degree will give you a position as a junior financial analyst.
- Corporate Finance entry-level job with an MBA degree will give you a financial analyst position.
Example of Corporate Finance Job Description
- Advise on how to meet targets and create investment capital
- Create financial models to predict outcomes
- Negotiating and structuring financial details
- Liaise with all parties involved in transactions
- Preparing legal documents and prospectuses
- Assessing and predicting financial risks and returns
- Contribute to bid proposals and formal presentations
The personal Specifications required are as follows
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Ability to make recommendations wherever possible.
- Engineers or graduates with knowledge of Financial Modeling
- CFA also preferred
We hope this article on corporate finance executive Jobs has added value to you. So, looking at the above job positions, analyze where you fit well and start your journey.
This has been a guide to the corporate finance executive jobs. Here are some articles that will help you get more details about corporate Finance executive jobs, so go through the link.