CCBA vs CBAP – “So what next should be my plan”/ “how can I get a boost in my career”/ what next after graduation? A degree in MBA or to enroll for the certifications course? These are some common questions that arise after finishing the graduation.
Everyone wants their career to be on track. With so many courses available one simply gets confused about what exactly they should do to sharpen their skills. Making an appropriate choice is essential because any of these examinations that you decide to take requires a lot of hard work, time, and money. The most frequently asked question by the students who have their mindset to advance their career in Business Analysis is Maybe CCBA, may be CBAP or both CCBA vs CBAP?
CCBA vs CBAP – How to choose between two?
Every year there are several students pursuing their certification in one of these courses CCBA- Certification of competency in Business Analysis or CBAP- Certified Business Analysis Professional? The certification is handed to the candidate who has successfully confirmed their expertise in this field. Both CCBA and CBAP Certifications are related to Business Analysis yet there is a major differentiation between the both.
- The overall extent of business analysis experience required.
- The inclusive variety of business analysis experiences essential.
One can qualify to attain the CCBA exam if he or she is able to contribute at least 3750 hours of work experience along with the BABOK guide. A further criterion is at least, 900 hours in 2 of the 6 knowledge areas or 500 hours in 4 of the 6 knowledge areas.
If you are planning to apply for CBAP you would require more experience compared to the requirement of CCBA. Apart from BABOK guide, the experience associated with BA work of minimum 7500 hours is required in the last 10 years. The applicant should be able to document 900 hours in 4 of 6 knowledge areas.
The difficulty level in both the exam would be different. However due to the requirement of experience in CCBA is less, the overall exam would be easier.
CCBA vs CBAP Infographics
Difference between CCBA vs CBAP certification
Both the exams emphasize on different things. The CBAP examination consists of situation based questions that involve the applicant to apply their knowledge obtained from the BABOK. While the CCBA examination mostly contains fact oriented and knowledge questions related to the techniques and tasks in the BABOK. The CBAP online study question set was revised while the CCBA was introduced. However, the CBAP study material could be used for the CCBA examination.
Which one to pick CBAP vs CCBA?
If the required experience for the CBAP can be met by you than pursuing CBAP instead of CCBA would be a better option. If in case you cannot manage to have the amount of experience for CBAP then consider CCBA as an interim certification as you can still manage to leverage your business analysis skills and expand your experience in business analysis, work in the direction of being eligible for the CBAP before the period of re-certification.
However, one could opt to acquire certification in both, but unless you work for a training provider or could manage to have the particular study materials related to each certification thinking about pursuing it is not a great idea
Why Pursue CBAP?
- CBAP certification should be opted and pursued because it provides an extensive business analysis experience.
- Certification in CBAP offers you an edge over your colleagues and reasonable advantage at your workplace.
- You could prove your worth and can manage to obtain a hike in your salary.
- The recipient of CBAP certificate states that you have hands on at least 7500 hours of Business Analysis experience. Also, with the CBAP certification, you turn out to be a top senior member of the Business Analysis Community.
- This certification will give you a chance to be an expert in identifying the needs of the business organization to conclude the best solution.
- The companies recognize the CBAP certificate holder as a plus point due to the expertise and added value to the organization due to these professionals.
- If you possess an advanced level of experience and knowledge in Business or system analysis, process improvement, requirements analysis or management, consulting you must consider the professional benefits of being a CBAP certified.
Why do organization hire CBAP vs CCBA?
The CCBA vs CBAP certified provide various benefits to the organization due to which the company looks after to hire the certified CBAP vs CCBA.
- A CCBA vs CBAP offers advancement, professional growth and recognition opportunities to the staff.
- The individual is recognized of being skilled and knowledgeable.
- Ensures the customers, suppliers, investors, staff and competitors that business analysis practice as per the industry standard is carried out.
- Assures the stakeholders that the business is running efficiently.
- The process of calculation on a regular basis will improve the commitments, responsibility, and motivation of the staff.
- The implementation and creation of business analysis practice are carried out as per the outline mentioned in the BABOK (business Analysis Body of Knowledge) Guide.
- The BA professionals use industry based standardized BA techniques to obtain higher quality results that are more reliable and increases the consistency and efficiency.
- The clients and business partners are provided with the identification of professional business analysts.
- Is a crucial model for any successful project and determine commitment to the field of business analysis.
Preparation for the examination – CCBA vs CBAP
It is vital to follow a plan while preparing for the examination. While appearing for the exam a lot of things need to be considered. One of the most important points that should be made a point is the helpful study material. The online study exam questions are excellent and the best study material for preparing for the exam. Apart from it, the BABOK guide and CCBA vs CBAP study guide will be really helpful. See to it that your knowledge of BABOK can be remembered effectively. According to a survey 90 to 119 hours of preparation should be planned for preparing for the CCBA vs CBAP exams. The aspirant should contribute at least 3 to 8 months preparing for the exam. The correct amount of time sorted for every aspect of the exam would let the applicant feel confident about his r preparation for the exam. The flash cards and exam simulations can help you to test the knowledge that you have grasped throughout.
Benefits of getting the CBAP Certification:
- An individual practising in the business analyst has various reasons to be certified. It does not guarantee a job or prominent post at the work place. You can strategically develop your skills and personality as a business analysis professional.
- A business analyst requires the skills of analytical thinking, communication, technical knowledge, business knowledge and interaction skills to produce results. The certification would simply enhance your qualities.
- Business analysts undergo a lack of recognition. With a CBAP certification , one can team up to develop the proficiency, abilities, and effectiveness. A development in the identity and increase in the partially correct answers and understanding of the role can be obtained with the certification.
- A commitment to the profession could be sensed through the credentials, it is reported as an important element in senior management.
- Potential Advancement in the career as you is recognized as a professional business analysis practitioner.
What is CBAP certification all about?
The term business Analysis would have a different definition to you and different to the world. An individual who is part of the profession would recognize who is a BA, what is business analysis. However, BA would mean something different to a different organization which crosses out easy moving from one organization to another. Due to this, the executives are not able to communicate easily. Seeking CBAP forces you to understand the BA world at the broader range that is not been exposed to you. You could be able to get a better perspective of your role as a BA professional. You would get to explore more about your career and learn new things. An aspirant getting the certification becomes more aware of the profession of a business analyst.
Steps to follow to become a CBAP
- Be familiar with the BABOK: CBAP represents senior business analyst professional. While becoming a CBAP understanding the content of the BABOK (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge) is essential. The book is dense and contains extreme level information. Reading it for numerous time will help you to appreciate the information in it. Enhancement in the experience can be experienced by going through this book. There is BABOK study group which focus mostly on discussing and reading the content of BABOK.
- Find out whether you meet the Business Analysis Experience requirements: The applicant must possess five years of business analysis experience i.e.: 7,500 hours as stated by the BABOK. Apart from it, the aspirant must determine 900 hours of experience across at least 4 of the 6 knowledge areas. The professionals who are not aware of BA profession but are working as a business analyst for a long time can apply for CBAP. AN inappropriate experience would cause a missing of a chance to apply for CBAP. The value of combining through career history and matching your experience to the knowledge of the standardized professional body is simply great. Documenting the experience will build your confidence level as it will help you to be assured about the factors that would count as the experience of a business analyst. If your experience is less and you cannot apply for CBAP than you can opt for CCBA an intermediate level certification which requires lesser experience comparatively. There are various other alternative paths available for BA career.
- Decide if CBAP certification is a correct step: The business analysts obtain tremendous benefit by a complete understanding of the BABOK but not all will be benefited from certification. Plus the examination requires a lot of practice and hard work. It is tremendously imperative to have the clear internal motivation to be successful.
- Earn Necessary Professional Development Hours: For submitting the CBAP application, one must have 21 documented proficient development hours in earlier 4 years. You must also hold diverse business analysis training opportunities and conference qualification to obtain credits on professional development.
- CBAP application submission: The entire CBAP certification process is listed on the website of IIBA. The professional development hours and work experience have to be submitted. Apart from it, one needs to provide the minimum education requirement and two references. You can check out on the internet How to organize your application form of CBAP exam.
- Schedule CBAP examination: Once the application is approved you can schedule your exam for 2 or 3 months out. Scheduling the exam aids you in being motivated and prepare for the exam putting all your efforts. The option of rescheduling your exam is available. If in case the candidate does not clear the exam, he/ she can schedule the exam again within one year of approval of the application.
- Clear the CBAP exam: After the preparation finally appear for the exam and do the best. If you are unable to pass the exam in the first attempt you can schedule the second attempt within one calendar year of the approval of the application. Once you clear the exam you can be involved in the profession. It is necessary that in every 3 years recertification is done to stay a CBAP.
Since Business Analysis is a vital part of any organization in identifying the needs of the business a professional Business Analyst is a must. Due to which there is a high requirement of highly skilled and expert analysts. Appearing for the exams like CBAP, CCBA you can easily prove your skills and improve your profile to get selected in a reputed company. With the knowledge gained from the certification course, the applicant could not only shape his or her future but also can take the organization to the new flourishing heights. Hence, choose the certification that is suitable to you.
- Data Scientist vs Business Analyst – Find Out The 5 Awesome Differences
- Data Analytics vs Business Analytics
- Business Intelligence vs Data analytics – Which is More Useful