Introduction to CakePHP
CakePHP is a very fast open source platform that is used for the development of PHP Framework. It is an MVC based model whose objective being the easy, distributed creation of Web application. It is generally used also for handling a web application, the huge library support in Cake PHP makes this vision clear and easy for developers to adopt. The run time infrastructure framework also makes the things achievable with CakePHP. The lines of code as generally reduced while using Cake PHP. It is one the quickest web development platform.
CakePHP was developed by Michal Tatarynowicz in 2005, with several patches and updates released on time. The latest stable release is 3.7.9 on 2019. The MVC architecture used in CakePHP guarantees the separation of business logic with various layers making the code redundant and clean.
Let us try to understand why to use the CAKE PHP.
- User-Friendly Tool: Cake PHP using the MVC architecture is user-friendly and coding in CakePHP is quick and easy.
- Security: Highly Secure and capable of safe request handling.
- MVC Framework: It uses the MVC framework that follows the layered model approach keeping the business logic clean and layered.
- Easy Interaction with the Database: The developers have easy and full control over the database. The insert, delete, update operations can be handled easily with CakePHP.
- Testing Framework Support: It supports unit testing framework making it easy for developers to test the application.
- Highly Compatible: It is highly compatible with PHP stable versions.
- Built-in Validation: The built Validation of CakePHP makes the code validated.
- Search Engine URL’s are friendly.
- It has massive support for Databases such as PostgreSQL, SQL Lite, MYSQL.
Functions of CakePHP
Let us see the working of Cake PHP:
- CakePHP has a request cycle that has several components, each of the requests goes with the following steps:-
- The rule is redirected to index.php.
- Autoloader and Bootstrap files are further executed.
- The dispatch filter handles the request and generates a response if required.
- A controller action is called thereafter and interacts with the model and components.
- The response of body and header is generated by View with the use of Helper and Cells.
- The response is further sent back to the client.
- The controller interacts with the Model and view to deliver the response generated back to the user.
- The user request in the application program begins with a user-requested page. Stages are made and the user-requests are passed one by one.
- When a request is given by the client the request is carried out by the dispatcher, dispatcher filters the request that is configured by the client, then the controlled action is implemented and it interacts with the model and takes the dynamic data. It takes the component and interacts with the database model and sends the feedback to the view. Finally, the request is showed in the web browser.
Let us check some advantages of CakePHP:
- It is an open-source framework for web development.
- It supports the MVC model.
- It has easy curd operations and the interaction with Databases is easy.
- It follows a built-in validation model.
- Email, cookies, sessions are easily handled in Cake PHP.
- It has inbuilt templating Engine.
- It has easy caching operations.
- It comes up with a single configuration file which makes the configuration part easy.
- The separate business model for business and presentation layer.
- The cost model is comparatively lower.
- Easy to understand.
- CakePHP is free to use for website and application development.
- It uses the ORM (Object Relational Mapping ) and integrates with the object-oriented model.
- It requires Zero Configuration for users to start with.
Cake PHP has some disadvantages also, let us check some disadvantages of using Cake PHP:-
- The document support for Cake PHP is not that supportive.
- Implementing and learning PHP is always a bit heavy task.
- It offers a one-way routing framework lagging it behind many frameworks.
- We need to update the default routes in CakePHP that eventually is a tough task in PHP’.
Usage of CakePHP
Let us check the usage of CakePHP.
- Used for Web development.
- Well, interaction with the database model.
- Generating Complex business solutions.
- The building of ORM related business model.
- Used for MVC based web application.
From these points, we saw the usage of CakePHP.
From the above article, we saw the importance of CakePHP in the real world. From various examples and classifications, we tried to understand how the CAKE PHP works and its usage in PHP Programming. We also saw the skills required and the working criteria for CakePHP. The advantage and disadvantages gave us a clear model for the usage of Cake PHP. The Architectural diagram helps us to clearly understood the working of Cake PHP. So from this above article, we have a fair knowledge about the CakePHP and its usage.
This is a guide to CakePHP. Here we also discuss the introduction and working of cake PHP along with advantages and disadvantages. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –