Difference Between C# vs Java Performance
C# usually knows as C Sharp or C-Sharp, is object-oriented programming, also called as OOP is a language used in Web development and networking. C# enhanced and amended various C++ and C features that include automatically managing object memory which is not accessible by making use of trash collector. Java is a language for programming that develops software for several platforms. A compiled code or bytecode on Java application can run on most of the operating systems including Linux, Mac operating system, and Linux. Most of the syntax of Java is derived from the C++ and C languages.
Let us study about C# and Java in detail:
Developed in the 1990s by James A. Gosling, Java facilitates object intercommunication by internet users and GUI (Graphical User Interface) by producing browser-run programs or applets. To develop a program in Java, we need an SDK or Software development kit that usually consists of interpreter, documentation generator, compiler, and different other tools that are utilized to develop a well-functioning application.
C# language was developed by a Dutch software engineer named Anders Hejlsberg and his team in 1999. This feature increases the chances of memory leaks and issues that developers face.
Being an Object-Oriented Programming Language, Java develops the OOP application relatively easier than C# and other programming languages. Java advances the extensibility and the flexibility of the system and makes it modular. Java Doesn’t have many implementation dependencies like C#.
Java Programs offer portability in the network. Java objects do not consist any reference to external data. It is being executed on the client instead of the server that enables it to run faster than any other programming language. Moreover, Java-based websites and applications will not work until and unless Java is installed on your device.
C# allows enumerations, whereas, Java doesn’t include enumerations.
C# has a bool that is a strict Boolean data variable type. Whereas, Java bool variable types might return as pointers or integers to prevent prevalent errors that are involved in programming.
4.8 (3,250 ratings)
Head To Head Comparison Between C# vs Java Performance (Infographics)
Below is the top 8 difference between C# vs Java Performance
Key differences between C# vs Java Performance
Both C# vs Java Performance are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major Difference Between C# vs Java Performance:
- C# contains more functionalities and primitive types to get arithmetic omissions while Java doesn’t have these functionalities.
- C# has many notational convinces as compared to Java that includes user-defined casts and operator overloading.
- Strictfp keyword in Java makes sure that floating point operation results stay exactly same in all platforms.
- C# allows the “struts” definition that is similar to classes but might be located on the stack. Whereas, this does not happen in Java.
- C# properties are implemented as a chunk of language syntax.
- The “Explicit Member Implementation” in C# allows a class to implement methods of an interface specification, apart from its class methods. In this way, two interfaces, having the method of the same name can be implemented. This method only made accessible through that interface.
- C# contains delegates, while Java does not.
- C# given an integration with COM.
- Java supports omission checks to handle and trap errors.
- C# does not support omission checks. This is where C# lacks behind Java due to the fact that Checked exceptions are good for programming.
- Java has no primitive unsigned numeric types. This is what makes Java unsuitable for programming of low level.
- Namespace in Java does not tell the source file location.
- C# Namespaces are pretty much similar to namespaces of C++.
- C# contains delegates. On the other hand, Java does not contain delegates.
- Java only allows source files that have a public class inside it.
- C# requires a source file that has multiple public classes.
- C# vs Java Performance both have a different take on polymorphism. Java allows polymorphism by default. Whereas, C# does not.
- C# lets the programmer use pointers.
- The API of C# is completely handled by Microsoft.
- Java API is controlled by an open community process.
- C# uses non-virtual methods on its own.
- Whereas, Java uses virtual methods by default.
- C# includes operator overloading.
- Java does not allow operator overloading, which makes it more hassle-free.
C# vs Java Performance Comparison Table
The primary Comparison between C# vs Java Performance are discussed below:
|The basis of comparison Between C# vs Java Performance||
|Architecture||Runs on the network called .NET Framework. The C# source code is arranged into an IL (Intermediate Language)||It combines both interpretation and compilation approach. Bytecode is interpreted by Java Virtual Machine. Machine code generated by JVM and executed by the system in which Java program runs.|
|Language||Based on JScript.||Java is an independent language.|
|Expression Syntax||Depends upon where it is written, it is compiled as normal when assigned to Func<int, int>.||Syntax the same everywhere – independent of an IDE or a compiler|
|Mobile Support||Provide mobile support||Depends upon the device manufacturers.|
|Routing||Uses ASP.Net for routing configuration||Uses Akka.routing.ConsistentHashingRouter and Akka.routing.ScatterGatherFirstCompletedRouter for routing configuration|
|Dependency Injection||Uses dependency injection||Uses dependency injection and allows modification|
|Structure||Less manageable in comparison to C||Better structure, user- friendly, easier to create and maintain large applications.|
|Speed||Relatively slower than C++||Java is faster than C#|
Conclusion – C# vs Java Performance
Java basically being influenced by C language, derives most of its syntax from C++ and C. However, Java features less low-level facilities than C or C++. C# is simply a multi-paradigm programming language. It is dependent upon C programming language. C# or C sharp was developed for Microsoft for its .NET Framework. Java enables the programmer to run the same code on various platforms. So, applications based on Java usually compile to bytecode. Java turned out to be one of the most famous programming languages by 2012. Especially in the platform of the client-server web application. Being approved by Ecma and ISO as a standard, C# includes strong imperative, typing, declarative, procedural, functional, generic, class-based, component oriented and object-oriented programming discipline. C# was basically developed for Common Language Infrastructure. It is a modern, simple, general-purpose and user-friendly language for programming. C# supports array bounds, type checking, checks uninitialized variables and collect garbage. Also provides durability, programmer productivity, and software robustness. Java arrays are an immediate specialization of the object and point out checked and unchecked exceptions. However, there are a lot of areas where C# vs Java Performance are similar in syntactical terms.
This has a been a guide to the top differences between C# vs Java Performance. Here we also discuss the C# vs Java Performance key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following C# vs Java Performance articles to learn more –