Updated May 31, 2023
India’s 6 Best Places to Visit in September 2023
The fall season can only end with at least one vacation break from the hustles of life. If one is yet to plan or is already on the way to planning that much-needed vacation, they are at the right place at the right time. This article will spill the beans on India’s six best places to visit in September. Let’s dive into it.
Places to Visit in September
The following are some well-known places to visit in September:-
#1 Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir
- Ladakh is the perfect dream destination to visit this September. Nestled amongst ice-capped mountains lie dozens of Buddhist monasteries and temples that attract lakhs of tourists yearly.
- While it is freezing throughout November-April, a visit in October can be the perfect time to visit this nature’s paradise.
- From beautiful lakes to one of the largest Buddhist monasteries in India, Ladakh has it all for its visitors to explore.
5 Must-Visits in Ladakh
- Leh Palace
- Shanti Stupa
- Pangong Tso Lake
- Central Asian Museum
- Thiksey Gompa
#2 Nainital, Uttarakhand
- Popularly renowned as the ‘City of Lakes,’ Nainital glows the brightest post-rainfall in September.
- One of the cities of Dev Bhoomi, Uttarakhand, Nainital, is nothing less than heaven on Earth, offering a panoramic view of the seven hills nestling the city.
- Situated in the lap of the Kumaon Himalayas at an altitude of 2000m above sea level, this former Summer Capital of the United Provinces offers an insight into its colonial past.
- Activities like hot-air ballooning, paragliding, and mountaineering are among the hot choices among its visitors.
5 Must-Visits in Nainital
- Naini Lake
- Naina Devi Temple
- Tiffin Top
- Eco Cave Gardens
- Snow View Point
#3 Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh
- If a trekking adventure or a picnic high in the mountains sounds exhilarating, Dharamshala can be one of the best places to visit in September.
- With the gift of spirituality, the tranquillity of the backdrop of snow-capped mountains kissing the clouds makes Dharamshala a perfect place to relax.
- Located in Kangra district, Dharamshala is well-renowned for its Tibetan character. Home to the 14th Dalai Lama, this city also sprawls monasteries, with at least one every few miles away.
- The Tibetan religious flags flutter through the wind and give insight into Buddhism in Nainital.
5 Must-Visits in Dharamshala
- Bhagsunag Falls
- Namgyal Monastery
- Bhagsunag Temple
- Tsuglagkhang Complex
- John’s Church in the Wilderness
#4 Coorg, Karnataka
- Located in the Western Ghats, Coorg city is a picture-perfect hill station worth visiting. Renowned for its coffee plantations globally, Coorg offers an exciting experience.
- Witness the water flow down the waterfalls and how magical these waterfalls look. The city’s lush-green woody slopes with a misty atmosphere offer a naturally therapeutic environment for its visitors.
- Earning the title’ Scotland of India’ or ‘Kashmir of the South,’ Coorg has everything from divinity sites to national parks and museums.
- Its Mandalpatti trek is a massive hit among trek enthusiasts as one enjoys adventure in the lap of beautiful flora and fauna.
5 Must-Visits in Coorg
- Omkareshwar Temple
- Dubare Elephant Camp
- Madikeri Fort
- Nagarhole National Park
- Abbey Falls
#5 Ooty, Tamil Nadu
- Nestled in Nilgiris, this hill station stands 2240 m above sea level. Fondly called “Queen of the Hills” for its abundance of natural splendors, lakes, and tree plantations.
- Ooty’s colonial past also reflects through its colonial-style bungalows and heritage buildings.
- Ooty Municipal Market is the most popular market in the city to shop. Other markets like Main Bazaar and Tibetan Market are famous for souvenir shopping.
- Besides, one can observe the tea processing live at Tea Factory to satiate their curiosity about the tea selection procedure and processing.
- The 1948’s botanical gardens make Ooty the perfect place for botanists and everyone who craves nature and appreciates its diversity.
5 Must-Visits in Ooty
- Doddabetta Peak
- Kalhatty Waterfalls
- Deer Park
- Pykara Lake
- Rose Garden
#6 Kolkata, West Bengal
- Renowned as India’s City of Joy, Kolkata is one of the best places to spend September 2023.
- Standing by the Hooghly river in September, Kolkata is a priority for visitors as the city gears up for Durga Puja festivities.
- Filled with colonial-style designed buildings, its art galleries and museums succeed in attracting visitors’ spotlight.
- Kolkata is a mixture of traditional culture with a touch of a modern style of living.
- Once the “Cultural Capital of India,” Kolkata is today a significant hub for theatres and films. No wonder it is the homeland of one of the legendary poets throughout history, Rabindranath Tagore.
- One can watch and get inspired by the city’s native community, Kumartuli’s hardworking and talented pottery work.
6 Must-Visits in Kolkata
- Dakshineshwar Kali Temple
- Victoria Memorial
- Eden Gardens
- Park Street
- Belur Math
So, ready with the best places to visit in September 2023? So, one can pack their bags, book an advance ticket for this dreamy vacation, and bid goodbye to the stress.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Best Places to Visit in September” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,