Introduction to Azure Graph API
The azure graph API is defined as, the azure is also known as Microsoft azure in which it is a public cloud computing platform and its services have been provided by Microsoft for handling the applications through the Microsoft-supported data system, and the graph API is the API model which has data in the form of nodes in an isolated request. So it can prepare the clients to call; hence the data from all the assets can be brought at one time. So we can say that the azure graph API allows us to acquire the assets of Microsoft resources.
What is Azure Graph API?
Azure is the public cloud platform which Microsoft has provided, and Azure is a huge group of services that has a platform that can be used by service, the graph API in azure is the API in which it allows to represent the uncomplicated data in the form of nodes and edges in which we can say that it is the object and relationships, it allows us to interconnect with various nodes inside a single request, for example, let us assume that a server can lock up the data on authors, to blog the post, and the comments also hence in a REST API, for gaining the author and comments for a specific blog then we need to create three HTTP requests.
Use of Azure Graph API
The Microsoft azure or azure graph API is a web API that can allow us to acquire the assets in cloud services of Microsoft; when we try to get register into the application, then we will get a token for authentications for a user, and we can also be able to create the request to the We can say that it is an HTTP-based API in which the application can be used for automatically querying of the data, and it can also accomplish the various tasks.
By using the azure graph API, we can work out the call so the data can be used by all its requests at one place at one time; we can also identify fields that care about it so that we can get control over the response schema.
The Graph API is used to associate the directory information such as records of users, records about the organization, and it can also use to make use of reports.
Configure Graph API
For the configuration of Graph API, we need to follow some steps, which are given below,
- In the portal of Microsoft azure, it has the main menu; first, we have to select Azure Active Directory, and then we have to select the app registrations.
- Then we have to select all apps.
- Then we have to find and select the application which we have created the active directory in the azure.
- After that, we have to select the API permissions.
- Under the API permissions, we have to select add permission.
- Under the requests API permissions, we have to select the Microsoft graph.
- In the next step, we have to configure delegated permissions; first, we have to select the delegated permissions and then select the offline_access, which we can get in the record of permissions if we select, then we need to clear the user. read permissions.
- For the configuration of application permission, we have to select it; after that, we need to follow two steps in which we have to select the directory read all from the list of permissions, then we have to select organization then organization read all from the list of permissions, then we have to select the user and then user.add.all from the list of permissions.
- Then we have to select add permissions.
- Then select the giant admin from the organization.
Azure Graph API connection
The API connection is the analytical container that can be used as external data in which can support it as a single unit; it also has the schema connection so it can regulate how our content will be used in different Microsoft’s API, in which schema is the group of all the properties which we have to add in the connection which is having an attribute,
- We need to install and import the needful module in the streaming model for the connection.
- After that, we need to call the service-specific to connect command.
- For example, the module of Azure can use the Connect-azure model, and MS online model uses the MSonl-connect service to connect with the azure model.
- The commands which are used can able to support the browser in which we can say that the Microsoft graph command can support the browser.
- The command
‘$credentials = Get-Credential
Connect-AzureAD -Credential $credentials’, has been used to connect the azureAD with the Powershell module.
- The command ‘$credentials = Get-Credential
Connect-MsolService -Credential $credentials’, has been used to connect with the MSOnline PowerShell module by using an authentication request.
Azure DELEGATED permissions
The applications have used the delegated permissions; for these permissions, the essential permission of our model will be the smallest fortunate of the delegated permissions, our app cannot have the more fortunate, the main purpose of the delegated permissions means it has to be selected for understanding the purpose of the selection, it has a categorized selected data with permission name and also it has the feature or purpose of each category, if we want to update the calendar, then we can able to do it.
Microsoft Graph API, the graph API, is the first process it can use to gain into the platform and out of the platform; it is mostly used for the Facebook platform.
In this article, we conclude that the Microsoft azure graph API is a web API that can be used to obtain assets; in the cloud services of Microsoft, we have also seen the use of it, the configuration of it, the connection of graph API with the azure delegated permissions.
This is a guide to Azure Graph API. Here we discuss graph API’s definition, uses, configuration, and connection with the azure delegated permissions. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –