About Ayodhya Temple
India is the land of the divine. Sprawling with meticulously-crafted temples, one of its cities, Ayodhya, is on-its-way to giving the world with the Ayodhya Temple. The construction of the Ayodhya Temple has been a big affair. Already a work in progress with 50% of the phase completed, the Ramjanmbhoomi will open its doors to devotees in January 2024 on Makar Sankranti.
The Hindus attach great significance to Ayodhya. Referred to as the land of Ram, the place is one of the seven places where one can achieve salvation or moksha
History – Ayodhya Temple Dispute
The Ayodhya Temple will stand on the long-disputed site of 2.7 acres. Till 1992, Babri Masjid stood on the site that was of great religious importance to Muslims. The Hindu Kar Sevayks,m a right-wing body, demolished the mosque giving a thrust to the 1858 Ram Mandir Movement, resulting in Hindu-Muslim tensions.
Finally, in 2019, as the archaeological pieces of evidence indicated the presence of Ram Mandir, the Supreme Court gave a nod to its construction. The Muslim side got a 5-acre land to reconstruct the mosque in another location.
Ayodhya Temple Architecture
The temple sets to exist in an area of 360×235 ft with a dozen gates of teakwood to welcome the devotees. This 3-storeyed building will be a 161 ft long temple with intricate carvings and impeccable design. This massive architectural marvel will have 166 pillars on its ground floor, 144 on the first, and 82 on its second floor. The Sindhwar ke Sammukh Deepstambh, a long illuminated lamp tower to the front of the Lion Gate Portal, will shine in the beholder’s eyes.
The Gigantic Statue of Lord Hanuman, the ardent follower of Lord Ram, will leave you lo-and-behold. The Ayodhya Temple’s main complex will come to life with 47 million cubic feet of hand-carved stones. The awestruck piece of art readied at the Ayodhya workshop will leave the visitors awestruck.
Ayodhya Temple’s Interior
This future-marvel will have five pavilions in its complex. The statues depicting the life of Lord Ram will grace the temple soon.
Other attractions of spiritual significance include:
- It will have Sri Ram Kund ( A Yagyashala or the place of Holy offering).
- Karm Kshetra( Anusthaan Mandap or House of Holy Rituals).
- Shri Ramlala Purakalik Darshan Mandal will acquaint you with Lord Ram’s birthplace.
- The temple will be a huge-massive place of divinity and learning, a perfect attraction for a family vacation.
The highly-spiritual and archaeological enthusiasts will enjoy going through the historical relics. The yet-to-establish epitome of art, Mata Kaushalaya Vatsalaya Mandap, the exhibition hall will have gorgeous displays for its visitors.
Places for Education and Research
- Ayodhya Temple will be no less than a spirtual-cum-learning center.
- Not just the hard-core devotees but everyone will enjoy walking through its premises to discover its never-ending facilities.
- If you are a fan of reading, the reading room, Ramayan, with modern facilities, will match your interest.
Other key facilities Ayodhya Temple will offer:
- Guru Vashishtha Peethika: Research Center on Sanskrit, Vedas, Puranas, and Ramayana.
- Maharshi Valmiki: Research and Archives Center.
- Tulsi: A 360-degree open-air theatre.
- Ram Darbaar: A multifunctional communication center.
- Lav Kush Nikunj: The recreational area for the tiny tots and Young.
If Cinematic shows and musical fountains delight you, Ayodhya Temple’s Laxman Vatika will leave you mind-blown. The musical fountains with lily-pond amidst the lush greenery are a treat for nature lovers. You can watch cows moo and cuddle the hay in Shri Dashrath, a cow shelter, as you seek their blessings.
Experience the divine aura in its Shri Kamm Keerti, A massive prayer complex, or open your chakras in Bhakti Teela, a meditative center. A visit to the temple is incomplete without the prasad or the blessings of the divine. The Bharat Prasaad Mandap and Mata Sita Rasoi Annakshetra will hoist food preparation and mass-feeding facilities for the devotees.
Where to Stay Near Ram Mandir?
The Ayodhya Temple will be so majestic and massive that soakings its vibration is not a one-fay affair. That’s why the Ram Mandir Trust decided to have Maryada Khand, special guest residential cottages and apartments. The premises will also have Ramashrayam, a multi-story lodging facility for outstation devotees with a spacious waiting room. Ayodhya Temple will become one of the major tourist attractions for its spectacular architecture. Millions of Lord Ram devotees will flock to Ayodhya to immerse themselves in its divine aura.