Introduction to Archiving Software
Data Archiving Software helps companies optimize the discovery, storage, and rapid retrieval of structured and unstructured data such as websites and documents. File archiving may also include images, social media messages like social media posts, emails, etc.
Archiving software is Also called Enterprise Information Archiving (EIA), is built to meet search requirements which mean the archive should be searchable; hence the stored data can be easily retrieved with exact context. This Data can be stored on cloud servers or in local data servers. Archiving software is mostly used in banks and government offices. Archiving software has various features like Data Governance, Enterprise Search, and eDiscovery.
Features of Archiving Software
- It is legal and regulatory compliant and provides attestation like GDPR, CFTC, SEC, FINRA, etc.)
- Provides low cost and highly efficient storage for data retention
- It is Unified, centralized storage for unstructured data as well as data gathered from various sources
- It provides Automatic data retrieval with reporting
- It has metadata to ease search, supervision, categorization.
- It supports biometrics for Access controls.
- It provides report generation with access log
List of Various Archiving Software
Here is a list of various archiving software, which is given as follows
1. Archive Manager
Archive Manager is widely used in small and medium companies with a large data generation for data archiving. Data is stored in Tamper-proof and non-rewritable formats. In addition, it provides Daily reconciliation reporting for verifying data capture.
Features of Archive Manager:
- Easy to use
- It is highly Secure.
- It provides Easy import and export of data.
- It has Integration with CRM
- It has Search functionality.
- Secure data storage
- It has Single sign-on (SSO) functionalities.
- SSL security, Threat protection for more security
PageFreezer is an archiving software which helps companies and businesses store all digital files, communications, and website. PageFreezer is widely used for compliance requirements and provides solutions for litigation issues which contain exploring. It is a cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) tool. It has automated processes that gather real-time data and events.
Features of PageFreezer:
- It provides Automatic archiving of websites along with digital signatures and timestamps as per the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
- It is SEC, FINRA, and SOX data retention compliant.
- It helps to archive emails, images, attachments according to proper e-discovery practices.
- It has easy to use Online dashboard.
ArcTitan is a cloud-based file archiving tool that allows secure storage of archived email messages. It is very flexible and adaptable to different businesses like educational institutions, IT service providers, or any other organization which requires reliable data archiving and remote document storage solution.
This tool provides security against data loss, and it conveniently backup all of the data to a remote server. All of the data is a part of a secure repository that is accessed at any time with the help of proper authentication. In addition, it has The Time Machine feature, which provides backing up and retrieving messages.
Features of ArcTitan:
- It provides 3rd-party integrations
- It gives Data encryption, Access control for higher security
- It provides Administrative reporting, Audit trail
- It gives an Automatic backup
- It provides Backup management, Data storage management, Document management
- It has Compliance management
- It reduces data deduplication
- It supports Data export and import, Data filtering
- It is HIPAA compliant
- It can integrate Microsoft Outlook
- It is Sarbanes-Oxley compliant
- It is a Scheduled reporting
Commvault is a Backup & Recovery software that provides enterprise-grade protection as well as recovery of databases, virtual machines, applications, endpoints, and files. It allows us to manage backed-up data securely and efficiently on-premises as well as public cloud. In addition, it provides role-based access control, which restricts unauthorized access.
Features of Commvault:
- It is a Simple, comprehensive
- It provides backup & recovery for every workload like cloud, virtual machines, and containers.
- It is Multi-cloud aware, which has cloud data
mobility, tiering and scaling
- It provides data masking and automation
- It has a web-based user interface data management and disaster recovery.
- Configuration values and streamlined procedures are set by default for data recovery.
ArchiverFS is The file archiving tool for network storage systems and servers which allows devices to be used as second-tier storage. It supports DFS, cloud, de-duplication, and compression of files for security. It has support for SAN, NAS, or cloud platform as storage for unstructured data. there is no need for customized scripts as ArchiveFS provides Fully automated processes
Features of ArchiverFS:
- It has Policy-driven automated monitoring and reporting.
- It provides Customized schedules
- It has Deduplicated data for more efficient data transmission
- It has Auto-discovery functionality which provides security to newly added data
- It provides Configurable encryption
- It provides portability for data between clouds.
This is a guide to Archiving Software. Here we discuss what is Archiving software and various software to recover and backup data securely. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –