Updated June 1, 2023
Amitabh Bachchan, The Greatest
Amitabh Bachchan is widely famous as one of the greatest and most influential actors in the history of Indian cinema and one of the most iconic figures in Indian entertainment. Throughout his career, he has appeared in over 200 Indian films spanning almost five decades. He has won numerous awards and accolades in his career, including four National Film Awards as Best Actor and many other awards, including fifteen Filmfare Awards.
- Bollywood Superstar
- Winner of four National Film Awards and 15 Filmfare Awards
- Padma Vibhushan Award recipient
- Founder of the production company ABCL
- Star of over 200 Indian films
- Recipient of an honorary doctorate from the University of Delhi
|Born||11 Oct 1942|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Weight||78 Kg (156 lbs)|
|Networth||$400M – $450M (approx)|
- Born in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India, on 11 October 1942.
- Son of the renowned poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan and Teji Bachchan.
- Later moved to Mumbai and started working as a voice narrator.
- Made his debut in ‘Saat Hindustani’ and played supporting roles in films like ‘Anand’ and ‘Guddi.’
- Gained recognition with ‘Zanjeer’ and soon became the ‘angry young man of Bollywood.
Career Timeline (Roadmap can show important events that occurred)
1970: Debuted in Bollywood with the movie Saat Hindustani.
1972: Gained significant popularity with the movie Zanjeer.
1974: Won his first National Film Award for Best Actor for the movie Namak Haraam.
1975: Starred in the highly successful Sholay.
1980: Received his first Filmfare Award for Best Actor for the movie Don.
1984: Appeared in the critically acclaimed movie Agneepath.
1992: Won his second National Film Award for Best Actor for the movie Ajooba.
2001: Appeared in the commercially successful movie Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham.
2007: Appeared in the highly successful comedy movie Bhoothnath.
2012: Appeared in the blockbuster movie Bol Bachchan.
2015: Received his fourth National Film Award for Best Actor for the movie Piku.
2017: Appeared in the commercially successful movie Pink.
5 Best Movies
|Year||Movie Name||Character Name||Box Office Collection (INR)||Result|
|2003||Baghban||Raj Malhotra||33.50 Crores||Blockbuster|
|2013||Piku||Bhaskor Banerji||78.00 Crores||Blockbuster|
- Amitabh Bachchan was the first Bollywood Actor to nominate for the Academy Award for Best Actor for his performance in the movie “Piku.”
- Amitabh Bachchan is the first Indian Actor to receive a Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Amitabh Bachchan is the only Indian Actor to have a wax statue at Madame Tussauds Museum in London.
- Amitabh Bachchan was the first Indian Actor to receive the prestigious French honor of a Legion d’Honneur in June 2007.
- Amitabh Bachchan is the first Indian Actor to have a comic book series based on his character.
- Amitabh Bachchan was the first Indian Actor to receive an honorary doctorate from the Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
- Amitabh Bachchan has the unique distinction of being the first Indian Actor to be immortalized by a postage stamp issued by the Indian government.
- Amitabh Bachchan is the first Indian Actor to be invited to be part of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival.
Amitabh Bachchan has earned many awards and accolades throughout his career, including four National Film Awards as Best Actor, several awards at international film festivals and award ceremonies, and fifteen Filmfare Awards.
- Amitabh Bachchan has been honored with numerous awards and accolades for his work in film, television, and other fields.
- Padma Vibhushan (2015): This is India’s second-highest civilian award for exceptional and distinguished service.
- Padma Bhushan (2001): This is India’s third-highest civilian award for distinguished service of a high order.
- National Film Award for Best Actor (1997): This is India’s highest award for an actor, given for outstanding performances in a leading role.
- Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award (2005): This is one of the most prestigious awards in Hindi cinema, given for outstanding contributions to the industry.
- Dadasaheb Phalke Award (2018): This is India’s highest award in cinema, given for lifetime achievements and industry contributions.
- Padma Shri (1984): This is India’s fourth-highest civilian award for distinguished service in any field.
- International Indian Film Academy Awards (2005, 2017): This is the most prestigious award in Indian cinema for excellence in films.
- Star Screen Awards (1997, 1998, 2000): This award recognizes excellence in Indian cinema.
Amitabh Bachchan is one of the most iconic and influential actors in Indian cinema history. With a career spanning over five decades, he has inspired and entertained millions of fans worldwide. He has also used his influence to help causes like HIV/AIDS awareness, education for the underprivileged, and animal rights. His dedication to his craft and his commitment to social causes make him an inspiring role model for generations.