Updated June 1, 2023
About Amar Upadhyay
Amar Upadhyay is an Indian television and film actor. He is best known for his roles as Mihir Virani in the Indian daily soap opera “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi”. Indian Actor and model who has worked in television and films. Best known for his role as Mihir Virani in the long-running soap opera Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. Appeared in films such as Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2, Kaagaz, It’s My Life, LOC Kargil, 13 B, Dhund: The Fog, and Dhoodhte Reh Jaaoge! Worked in many other shows including nibhana saathiya, dekh bhai dekh, viraasat, chand ke paar chalo and ishqbaaaz.
|Born||1 August 1976|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Weight||75 Kg (150 lbs)|
- Born in Gujarat, India, on August 1, 1976.
- Completed his schooling at Dhanamal High School, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- He went on to attend graduation in chemical engineering from one of the renowned colleges of Mumbai, the Bombay Institute of Technology, located in the Worli area of Mumbai.
- He also trained at the Film and Television Institute of India in Pune.
- He made his acting debut in 2000 with the hit television show Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.
- He has since starred in several television shows, films, and commercials.
He started with his first film debut in Dhoondhte Reh Jaaoge, where he played the roles of Ajay and Devdas in the year 1998. Further, we worked in the movie Dahshat in 2000, playing Vicky’s role. In 2001, he played the character of Sameer in the movie Dhund: The fog and also acted in the movie Censor. He played the role of Vishal in 2003 in Jodi kya banayi wah wah ramji.
In the same year, 2003, he played the role of captain Vijayan Thaparin in the movie named LOC Kargil. Thereafter, he worked in numerous other movies, including Dharam Veer, Hum Bahubali, Tu babuaa Hamaar, and e Rishta anmol baa, which were Bhojpuri movies.
In 2017, he played the character of Dushyant in the Gujarati movie Aav Taru Kari Nakhu. He played the role of Shekhar Sharma in the movie It’s My Life and as Vidhayak Jaganpal Singh in kaagaz film. He played Saubik Das’s role in Bob Biswas and Uday Thakur’s character in Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 in the year 2021 and 2022, respectively.
2. Television Shows
He has worked in numerous television shows. Starting his debut in the television show Dekh bhai Dekh where he played the role of Sahil diwan in the year 1993. He further played some supporting roles in the shows like Rajani, mehndi tere naam ki, and many others.
It was in the year 2000, that he got an opportunity to act in the role of Mihir Virani in the daily tele soap Ekta Kapoor Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, which became a huge hit and made him gain popularity.
He even worked in the television serials named Des mein niklla hoga chand, saathiya – pyar ka naya ehsaas, C.I.D., virassat, naagin, chand ke paar chalo, doli saa ke, sapna babul ka… bidaai, big boss 5 and crime files.
In the later years after 2013, he came in television shows such as Savdhaan India, saath Nibhaana Saathiya, ek deewaana tha, ishqbaaz, molkki, big boss 14, sirf tum, kyunkii tum hi ho, jai hanuman, namak issk ka and Scoop.
- Amar Upadhyay lives in the Andheri area of Mumbai and is a vegetarian in food habits.
- He has a rumored affair with an afghan American origin model and actress.
- His favorite actors include Aamir khan and Amitabh Bachchan, while his favorite actresses are Kajol and Madhuri Dixit.
- He loves dogs and has one pet dog.
- Amar was awarded the Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Lead Role for his performance in the series ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.’
- He won the Indian Television Academy Awards for Best Actor Popular in the year 2001 for the television serial Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu thi.
- He also won the award for Best Actor Popular for the same serial, by Kalakar awards.
- He won the Gold award in the category of Best actor in a supporting role for the television serial Saath Nibhaana Saathiya.
- Further, he even got nominated for Most Popular Face of Indian Television male by International Iconic Awards for the serial Molkki.
- He won the award for Most Bankable Star of the Year for serial Molkki by International Iconic Awards.
Amar Upadhyay is an Indian actor who has won many awards and honors for his work in the Indian television industry. He was awarded the Indian Telly Awards for Best Actor in a Lead Role for his work in the TV show Saath Nibhaana Saathiya.
Amar Upadhyay has been a part of some of the most iconic shows on Indian television and has proved his mettle as an actor. His journey has been an inspirational one, and he continues to be a source of inspiration to millions of aspiring actors.