Overview of Agile Design
Agile is a type of methodology in which the work is divided into different subparts to make it easy to handle and to increase the quality of the product. As we know, agile is basically used for software development, and it is designed in a way to make the task handy. Agile design is a way to understand the idea or methodology of agile, how it runs and how the work is carried out in this and all other necessary things. To understand the agile design, one should have basic knowledge of computers and other allied terminologies. So further, we discuss the agile design in a complete manner.
Incorporation of Design Process
The agile design process uses the iterative as well as incremental approach; in this particular process, system divides the work into small parts and puts the focus on individual parts holistically. This approach includes:
- Feedback: In this process, one can easily interact with the customer to know his requirements and also get the feedback of the client or customer regarding the product and make necessary changes required according to the feedback; it is a very helpful function in the agile design.
- Changeable: During the agile design, if any changes are required in the design, it is easily doable. There is the proper function for the changes, and software is very helpful for the alteration in the design.
- Development: The development in agile is very fast; teams need not waste much time on the allied processes; its easier functions and smooth functioning make the process speedy.
The Methodology of Agile Design
For the agile design, there are no. of methodologies are used to make the work easier and smooth; for the different project, there is a different methodology, so some of the methodologies are given below:
- Scrum: It is the widely used methodology in the market when anyone thinks about to work in agile; this is the first thing that came to his/her mind. In this methodology, both the planning and implementation of the project happens at the same time. It is the easier one to work in agile.
- Crystal: This particular methodology is focused on the key areas of the project and also concentrated on the major priorities of the project. Also, the satisfaction of the customer is the prime agenda of this methodology.
- Agile UX: The UX version or this type of methodology focuses on the outcome of the project rather focuses on the negative views that whether the product is successful and all that.
- Extreme: The extreme methodology is used mainly for software development and focuses on the end product, and ensure that it should be as far as the customer needs.
Process of Agile Design
Now, after discussing the different aspects of we put the limelight on the process of agile design, so let’s discuss the process of agile design:
1. Design: The design of agile will be made by using any of the methodologies used above, but the best design is that which is customer or client-centric and gives fruitful results. Also, the team which takes charge to make a better agile design pays proper vigil on the project so that no time and resources will be wasted during the project. The design is a hectic task in the inception of the project, which needs proper attention.
2. Analyze: When the design is completed, and work is on track, a proper analysis is required from time to time so that the scope of the fault should be eliminated and the quality of the product is maintained. The analyses of the design are also helpful for the team to complete work on time.
3. Develop: Here, develop means to develop the required project management software, which is the prime moving force of the project after its completion. Management is very necessary after the project execution, so agile management is much required.
4. Implement: The last stage of the process is to implement the agile project and its execution. The feedback of the design is most important so that the team can make changes if required. Also, the satisfaction of the client is much-required things after the implementation.
The above process that we discuss gives us a summary of the agile design, but nothing is the perfect and agile design and agile methodology also have some cons which are very necessary to discuss here, the agile no doubt is the best, but there is some improvement required in some fields, and implementation process of agile, like the execution of the process is a little bit hard because of the hard protocols and more customer or client-centric approach, etc. So these things should be addressed as soon as possible so that more resources and time will be saved and we will deliver better products to the market, which eventually contribute to the nation-building.
At last, as we discuss in the way forward, a strong will is required to develop a more developed agile methodology so that more speedy work is delivered. The masters of the agile and other processes should work hard on these and come out with the enhanced version of the agile, which must be future-centric because the nature of the projects is changing day by day, and for this, this old version is not benefited. Another angle is also there, or we can say that this remains to be seen that how the thinkers will work on the approach to reduce the time of execution of the project and normalize the customer-centric approach as well because these are the issues that need proper attention at that time and it will help us in the future. We, the people, are heading toward a future where we are concerned with the internet of things, the different generations of telecommunication, and other futuristic things, so these things are the necessity of the time.
This has been a guide to Agile Design. Here we discuss the basic concept, Incorporation of the Design Process and the Methodology of the Agile Process. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –