Updated April 17, 2023
Introduction to Ableton versions
Ableton versions can be understood on as separate sets of this software that have different features according to the requirements of the user. In the case of Ableton we have its three main versions and these versions can name as Intro, Standard, Suite. All three have their own features for dealing with several requirements of the users. Ableton offers a free trial for a limited period so you can check all the three versions for having a good understanding of them but if I tell you then Intro version has basic features for audio editing as well as manipulation, Standard version can understand its full version that has all necessary features, and Suite version has some of the advance features in it.
Let me tell you about important aspects as well as facts of all three version one by one so that you can have idea about all of them and can use anyone of them according to your requirement.
Introversion of Ableton
This is very basic version of this software and if you are beginner and want to start learning this software then you can go with Intro version of this software. Although it is a very basic version of this software it has a number of features so let us have look at these features one by one.
- Price: If you want to have Intro Version of Ableton software then you have to pay $99 for its subscription and it is cheapest version of this software which has limited number of plugins.
- Audio and MIDI Tracks: It has 16 tracks for Audio as well as MIDI features which means you can only record 16 tracks. It also have high quality drum as well as instrument samples that makes it accessible to almost very users.
- Scenes: When you will start work with this version of Ableton you will find 16 numbers of scenes features in it.
- Send and Return Tracks: During working on this version you will find 2 numbers of Send and Return.
- Sounds: This version offers 1500+ sounds features.
- Audio Effects: I told you that it is a very basic version but you will find 21 types of audio effects with this version.
- MIDI Effects: Same as audio effects feature we have also MIDI Effects features in this software and its number is 11 that mean you will have 11 type of effects for MIDI.
- Compatible for: You can easily use this version as a secondary DAW that means we can use this version for making sample patterns and export them into our secondary DAW.
So if you are looking for an application with a reasonable price for learning about fundamentals of digital audio workstation then this version is suitable for you.
Standard Version of Ableton
This can consider a middle priced version of Ableton. So let us discuss its points too.
- Price: If you want to have Standard Version of Ableton software then you have to pay $499 for its subscription and you can consider it as the middle-priced version that means it is quite expensive than the Intro version.
- Audio and MIDI Tracks: As we know we have 16 tracks in the Intro version but there is no limitation for track in this version that means you can record, mix as well as master full songs.
- Scenes: Same as Audio and MIDI tracks it also has unlimited scenes features. We also have more plugins option with which we can have number of External plugin installed in this software for different purposes.
- Send and Return Tracks: During working on this version you will find 12 numbers of Send and Return tracks. You can also have access for number of pre-loaded samples and these samples may include electronic beats, traditional instruments and more experimental sounds.
- Sounds: This version offers 1800+ sounds features.
- Audio Effects: This version has number audio effects in comparison with Intro version and the number of audio effect in it is 36.
- MIDI Effects: Same as audio effects feature we have also MIDI Effects features in this software and its number is 13 that mean you will have 13 types of effects for MIDI.
- Compatible for: You can easily use this version as main DAW and it is preferable as Home studio producers, access to high quality sounds and sample as well as Live Looping performances.
So there is something for everyone in this version of Ableton and it also offers more features for advance production of music such as extracting audio to MIDI and audio-slicing to the Drum Rack.
Suit Versions of Ableton
It is an expensive version of another version of Ableton so let us discuss it too.
- Price: If you want to have Suit Version of Ableton software then you have to pay $799 for its subscription and the package of this version is packed with a number of plugins, sounds, and many other advanced features.
- Audio and MIDI Tracks: Same as the Standard version of this software it also has unlimited audio and MIDI Tracks. It also has multitude of synthesizer plugins which you can tweak as well as adjust for finding right sound as per your requirement.
- Scenes: Same as Audio and MIDI tracks It also have unlimited scenes features.
- Send and Return Tracks: It also has Send and Return tracks same as Standard version of this software that is 12.
- Sounds: This version offers us 5000+ sounds features.
- Audio Effects: This version has a number of audio effects that is 59 in number.
- MIDI Effects: Same as the audio effects feature we have also MIDI Effects features in this software and its number is 15 which means you will have 15 types of effects for MIDI.
- Compatible for: You can easily use this version for Studio and liver performance purposes.
Conclusion – Ableton versions
I think now you have knowledge about versions of Ableton and you have also information about the different features of each version of it. After going through this article you can easily choose anyone of the version for start working with Ableton for audio editing as well as manipulation work.
This is a guide to Ableton versions. Here we discuss the versions of Ableton and you have also information about the different features of each version. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –