Learn from Home Offer
Python Game Development Course Bundle - 5 Courses in 1
This Python Game Development Course includes 5 courses with 9+ hours of video tutorials and Lifetime Access.
Game development is a complex process that requires mastery over both arts and analytics. It requires complex software development process as well. Python being a popular programming language with excellent community support acts as a perfect starting point for game development using pygame module. This course helps us in teaching the basics of pygame development and walks us through complex pygame modules.
* One Time Payment & Get Lifetime Access
What you get in this Python Game Development Course Bundle - 5 Courses in 1?
Course Completion Certificates
Mobile App Access
About Python Game Development Course Bundle
|You get access to all 5 courses, Projects bundle. You do not need to purchase each course separately.
|9+ Video Hours
|The main aim of this course is to provide a wide understanding of the basics of my game development and walks us through complex pygame modules
|Anyone serious about learning Python Game Development
|Basic knowledge about Python and game development
|What do you get?
|Certificate of Completion for each of the 5 courses, Projects
|Course Completion Certificates
|Yes, you get verifiable certificates for each course with a unique link. These link can be included in your resume/Linkedin profile to showcase your enhanced skills
|Type of Training
|Video Course – Self Paced Learning
Python Game Development Course Bundle Curriculum
MODULE 1: Essentials Training
Courses No. of Hours Certificates Details Python Game Development - Beginners 1h 55m ✔ Python Game Development - Intermediate 2h 9m ✔ Python Game Development - Advanced 2h 14m ✔
MODULE 2: Projects based Learning
Courses No. of Hours Certificates Details Python Game Development Case Study - Snake Game 1h 47m ✔ Python Game Development Case Study - Flippy Flip Game 2h 18m ✔
To get familiarized with Python and basic Pygame programming. To understand the physics and game mechanics behind python-based games. To create simple games in an incremental way all along every section of the training.
The objective of the course is to learn the Pygame module of python from scratch to understand and implement various parts of a game. These parts include designing fonts, background images, pixel coordination, primitive graphics, cartoon cursors, animation, input device recognition, etc. We would be practicing every section of the course incrementally to master the game development basics with python.
The course comprises of 2 main parts – Python game development for Beginners and Intermediate. The Beginner section of the course starts with,
- Installation instructions for python, anaconda, and Pygame packages. It continues to introduce the Jupiter notebook which would be an execution platform for this course.
- Pygame basics with an introduction to display module, events, and loops, and pregame program.
- More on Pygame functionalities include learning different primitive functions, graphics primitives, ellipse, setting up background colors with different lines, understanding pixel coordination, and Blit functions. This marks the end of the beginner section and promotes the learner to the intermediate level.
The intermediate section of the course brings more fun in learning with more exercises for,
- Input device handling in games across various devices and their user inputs.
- Image transformation techniques include loading, scaling, rotating, and flipping according to the requirement.
- Image coding to generate custom images and to apply image transformation on the same. It also teaches essential operations like Laplacian transform, traverse, and re-center image.
- Fonts section helps us create new fonts for our game or to reuse a font.
- The cursor section deals with the creation of custom cartoon cursors in detail. It is an essential part of game programming which has been detailed with relevant projects.
- Move image is an essential activity to start programming animation of objects.
- Animation – Move and control objects programmatically. This section has been dealt with in detail with examples and puzzles to solve and learn.
The projects in the course include the following programs,
- Program for input device handling
- Program for image transformation like load, scale, rotate, flip, etc
- Program for image coding like Laplacian transform, etc.
- Program for custom font creation.
- Program for custom cartoon cursor creation.
- Program to learn animation using object and image movement.
Python Game Development Course – Certificate of Completion
What is Python Game Development?
Python is one of the leading programming languages with large module support and an even larger developer community. Game development is one of the complex processes in software development. It requires both artistic and analytic mastery to develop a good game. Python as a programming language would act as a starting point for aspiring game developers. Pygame module of python is easy to implement core modules of a game with ease. In this course, we would learn to develop simple games with the pygame module of python.
What skills will you learn in this Course?
This course is a no brainer for aspiring game developers to learn the core modules, physics, and mechanics of game development. It has 2 modules, for beginners and intermediate programmers in game development. The beginners’ section of the course deals with the installation and setup of python, pygame, and Jupiter notebooks. It proceeds to introduce the basics of the pygame module and its various features like primitive functions, graphic primitives, display module, Ellipse, pixel coordination, and blit function. The intermediate section of the course explains the input device handling, image transformation techniques, image coding to generate custom images, custom fonts creation, creation of custom cartoon cursor, animation by controlling objects and images.
- Pygame module
- Jupyter notebook
- Any python developer aspiring to be a game developer can take this course. Even developers without python knowledge can quickly start the course with python basics.
FAQ’s- General Questions
Why should we learn Python-based Game Development?
In emerging technology and inventions around the world, Game development has its own space for creative thinking and innovative developments. It is a complete package by building characters, game rules, various levels, environment, etc. Python is a good language and framework to design and build games on various levels. The creation of a game engine is versatile and provides intensive performance. Hence the development will be easy and efficient using these tools.
How good is the pygame module?
Pygame is an exclusive game development module for Python. Developing tasks is easier with its GUI and allows us to explore various dimensional graphic models. Pygame is a good tool for beginners to learn rapid programming.
How big is the gaming industry?
The gaming market is one of the highest revenue-producing industries among other media industries. The growth rate in virtual explorations and simulations is very high as it has a great impact on the global economy. It has a unique feature of letting the user interact and experience the perspective of art built in the name of games. These games can simulate different experiences to the user from ancient kingdoms to dystopian future to fantasy worlds. The gaming industry has evolved from PC games to TV video games and now to smartphones.
What are the benefits of the pygame development methodology?
Pygame development helps programmers to code their ideas into a single block of code and manage its structure efficiently. Bug identifications are less challenging as they can keep track and access variables easily. Code reassembling and modifications are flexible in pygame development modules.
What next after this course?
Next to the Pygame course, one can learn PyOpenGI, Pyglet, PyOrge. PyOpenGI is one of the python libraries possessing support for three-dimension views and development. VR/AR-based games can be learned and developed as a continuation of the course.
- Career development in Python game development is a very beneficial and high paid job. The visions and ideas can be converted as actual games using sketches and layouts. The demands are available in the Computer graphics field, Data science field, application scripting, Mobile industries, Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality technologies. Expertise in professional gaming courses will be an added advantage in gaming career. Internships are also available in several companies.
Game Development Course
Game development using python course