What is Salesforce Testing?
Salesforce testing primarily concerns testing your Salesforce deployments to affirm their functionality as required. Salesforce testing is validation testing by a tester to check codes in developed applications with built-in salesforce functionality. It is mainly the customization of codes that are performed with vanilla SDFC and done primarily to test codes developed by developers.
It is also an automation and code testing tool that covers developers’ codes for managing risks. It is an important part of the QA team in any business. Being a popular Customer Relationship Management solution, it involves testing codes or deployments to ensure the smooth functioning of programs as expected. In this testing, testers test the end products to validate the support and functioning of the customizations.
- Salesforce testing tests and customizes applications to provide quality and error-free applications.
- Its types include End-to-End, Regression, Load & performance, and manual and automated testing.
- Some famous tools are Selenium, testRigor, Tricentis, and Panaya Foresight.
- Coordination, clear communication, and role-based testing are some important roles of testers.
Why is it Important?
- It is essential for reducing development costs and application development in a short time.
- It helps to verify the problems and fix them quickly by providing easy functional flow creation to the team.
- It allows the organization to limit physical servers of web applications and storage issues.
- It helps to customize the application codes and customer needs as per requirement. As a result, it is the most relevant method and tool for validating customized features in built-in applications.
- Furthermore, it helps to enable quality in the finished product by identifying the bugs and risks at the initial stages.
#1. Manual testing
- The manual testing process includes testing through the Salesforce.com application through traditional methods.
- The QA team uses manual functional testing like happy path tests, integration tests, and system and regression tests.
#2. Automated testing
- Automated testing includes using a computer testing program for testing in Salesforce.com or Force.com applications.
- The tools like Selenium, QTP, and Assure Click are used for automated testing.
#3. End-to-end testing
- Administrators prebuilt test cases and situations with limited technical experience in this testing.
- It is time-consuming but provides a quick workout of an exhaustive process.
- This testing includes visual testing to track user experiences.
#4. Regression testing
- Through this testing, developers and testers identify the need for new or existing changes in the codes of applications.
- The difference can be either small or large and completed after changes are made to any code of an application.
#5. Load and performance testing
- Testers use this testing to leverage automation tools in the sandbox environment.
- It is done to confirm the performance of the salesforce in serving users by monitoring inputs, workflows, and queries.
Top Testing Tools
- Selenium Contains different tools and libraries to support browser automation.
- It is an open-source umbrella project that helps authoritarian functional tests all over modern websites.
- TestRigor provides effortless solutions for testing using simple English commands.
- It is supported in Web, all browsers, mobile, iOS, and OS systems.
- Tricentis provides fast and relevant UI testing facilities for salesforce applications.
- Tricentis contain self-healing and improving locators to keep tests stable and reduce maintenance costs. End-to-end extensions of scenarios from web applications are also available.
4) Panaya Foresight
- Panaya Foresight is a salesforce testing tool that controls an organization’s salesforce through risks and impacts identification.
- It enables 85% bug reduction in the production process and risk-based testing.
Increasing Demand for Salesforce Testing
- Every enterprise nowadays needs automation as a mandatory process to solve critical production issues.
- It is expected to provide easy solutions to functional flow creation with the visual and no-code approach in teams of organizations.
- According to the World Quality Report 2021-2022, the need for quality assurance in the future will accelerate. Thus, the need for manual and automated testing will grow.
Important Roles of Salesforce Testing
- Clear communication among testers and developers is essential in salesforce testing.
- Coordination among testers and business as per required document for salesforce needs efforts.
- Role-based testing by testers to ensure consistent data testing is an essential role.
- Furthermore, compatibility testing in third-party applications is an important role that testers need to be familiar with.
- Familiarity with application flows, and performing tests per salesforce standard rules is also necessary.
- The tester needs to understand the customizable features that can help develop the salesforce application.
- Boundary value analysis and Equivalence partitioning are essential roles for a tester.
a) Salesforce Developer
- Responsibilities include a timeline and goal creation. Also need to test the stability and functioning of the application.
- The salary for a Salesforce Developer (fresher) starts from $62k to $124k per annum.
b) QA Analyst
- They are responsible for identifying flaws and errors in a program.
- Full functionality and free-from-bug applications are the primary goals of QA Analysts.
- The basic salary for QA Analyst starts from $42k to $83k.
c) ETL Testers
- The job responsibility includes transformation logic, validating data sources, and uploading data in target areas.
- The salary of an ETL Tester averages up to $95k per annum.
Essential Tips for Salesforce testing
- In salesforce testing, test data needs to be validated before reporting functionality.
- Automation testing should be done using Selenium and HP functional testing tools.
- It must include UI testing, Regression, system, and functional testing methods.
- Testers must know their roles and positive & negative functional flows in applications.
- Loading of web pages simultaneously while testing should be avoided.
- Tests should be run as real profile users rather than as testers and developers.
Benefits of Salesforce testing
- Salesforce testing provides reliable software development
- It improves the quality of end products
- It helps to reduce business risks
- It can provide quick execution and test coverage
- It also reduces the development and maintenance costs of organizations
- Optimization of the test process is available
- Reduce data leakage and security issues
- Increases customer relationships and confidence
- Salesforce administration can develop internal users in salesforce platforms.
- Developers can easily reuse existing applications from App exchange to customize their applications.
Salesforce is the first cloud-based Customer Relationship Management. It is used to validate and customize applications per requirements and bug detections. Salesforce testing contains challenges of testing the customization without testing the SDFC features. Selenium, UFT, and other crucial salesforce tools for testing.
Q1. How to carry out salesforce testing?
Answer: To test, as a tester, you must do functional testing to check bugs. Then check for the smooth running of the development with existing features. Salesforce UAT testing is the next phase, where the real-world business case should be used for functionality checking.
Q2. Is Salesforce testing in demand?
Answer: Due to better job opportunities and lucrative pay, salesforce testing is in high demand amongst newbies. Even the starting package for a tester is more than the other competitors.
Q3. What is required for Salesforce testing?
Answer: For performing Salesforce testing, a tester must ensure to include functional testing, system testing, UI testing, regression testing, and system integration testing. Tools such as Selenium and HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) can be used for automation testing.
Q4. Is coding required for Salesforce testing?
Answer: Salesforce being a low or no-code app development organization, doesn’t really need a salesforce developer with a background in coding. This is the reason why it can be a perfect choice for an IT aspirant without a coding background.
This is a guide to Salesforce Testing. We discuss its definition, types, advantages, tools, tips, and more. Read the following articles to learn more,