What is the Primavera and Primavera Tutorial?
Primavera is software used widely in the civil engineering sector for Portfolio Management. Primavera was developed by Primavera Systems Inc. but later it was acquired by Oracle thus it is correct to say that Primavera is owned by Oracle. Primavera software includes a wide range of functionalities like product management, project management, portfolio management, control capabilities and integration with ERP systems like SAP. Although Primavera is widely used in the civil and construction engineering sector, it is also offering best class services in other engineering sectors like the public sector and utilities, defense sector, oil and gas industry, aerospace industry, high tech and manufacturing, and IT services. Primavera tutorial is a step to step guideline or manual for any beginner or experienced project management professional to help them manage the project efficiently and to deliver the best services. Primavera P6 tutorial is the latest version of the Primavera software released by Oracle and followed by the project management professionals.
Identifying the project requirements and supports for the project is the foundation for the successful completion of any project. Forecasting the project prerequisites and other factors affecting the project helps in the estimation of the project investment and the budget of the project. Thus Primavera helps to prepare for the project in advance by providing advanced project planning and other project estimation so that the team is prepared in advance for any changes in the project during the execution of the project. The software Primavera primarily consists of templates that helps in the standardization of the project requirements and collaborates with other ERP systems, analyzed and supported by a project manager doing analysis with distinct reference projects.
What is the Purpose of Primavera?
Primavera serves multiple purposes in the field of project management including:
- Primavera aims at minimizing the risks involved in the process of helping the organization by providing an opportunity to seek lessons from both the success and failure of the project and to plan perfectly for the project in advance. Primavera helps the project managers in the analysis and budget estimation by collecting the project forecast and myriads of information related to the project.
- Primavera helps to manage any kind of complexity while execution of the project, manages the coordination between the contractors and the designers to avoid any ambiguity or chaos at a later part during the project. The software helps to analyze and monitor the different execution stages during the project and maintains documentation of the different cases, project comparisons with charts, and assists in making quick decisions.
- The software is very user-friendly as it provides a very interactive interface. It provides the best solutions for handling and controlling project planning. It comes with a wide range of tools serving different purposes like the Gantt in the case of charts, resources, cost histograms, PERT network charts, and predefined refinery. Thus It gives very clear and accurate project report insight even for very complex projects and reduces a lot of valuable time which can be then used for other fruitful tasks.
Primavera P6 Tutorial
The Primavera P6 Tutorial mainly displays and depicts how Primavera helps in Planning, Monitoring, Controlling, and Reporting a project. It is used by the Planning engineers in the Construction field.
- It is used to create a project baseline program (set by the planning manager with the help of a site planning engineer). This is the initial program used to find the actual sequence of activities to be followed for execution in the site.
- In primavera, the resources can be loaded to activities. Thus it becomes easy to get a clear insight regarding the yearly, quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily program of the project.
- In very large scale projects, this information is a pedestal to know the sequence of activities to prevent any delay and disturbances in the project execution.
2. Monitoring (Owned by site Planning Engineer)
- After the initial baseline program is set and finalized, it becomes easy to monitor and supervise the project execution.
- The Baseline program can now be set in the program and can be monitored. This gives the actual update of the project progress status.
- Primavera is highly efficient as compared to any other software in supervising the project.
- In primavera, it is very easy to determine the critical and subcritical tasks and activities and the Total Float, a free-float can be easily calculated at the click of a button. Hence Primavera aims at making the project management very handy for the site planning in charge.
- Primavera is used by the project team members for project evaluation and scheduling of the project activities. The schedules of the project are compared and checked and rescheduling is done in case the project is lagging behind the scheduled time. Primavera helps the team members to forecast the project data after modification.
Primavera helps in smooth reporting with the help of inbuilt reporting templates and formats which can be customized as per the reporting requirement.
Primavera Tutorial Key Concepts
Task scheduling is a very important attribute of Primavera P6. There are some other key attributes or concepts of primavera including deliverables, work scope of the project, time management, budget estimation, resources of the project whether the workforce, raw materials or the technology involved and purchase of the resources and other projects requirements. Primavera assists to handle huge and large scale projects with the help of its wide range of tools and software for project management.
It helps to work incoherent manner and provides better plans and infrastructure ideas making the project management easier. As all the activities and tasks of the project are documented in Primavera it helps to control the budget of the project. Thus Primavera is a pivotal project management tool that helps to meet the budget and deadlines of the project improving the project management standard and contributes in the success of the organization by managing several tasks with just a click of a mouse and thus it eases the decision-making process.
This has been a guide to Primavera Tutorial. Here we discuss the Purpose, Primavera P6 Tutorial along with the Key Concepts of Primavera Tutorial. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –