Learn from Home Offer
Game Development with MonoGame
Learn game development by utilizing the popular MonoGame framework.
* One Time Payment & Get Lifetime Access
What you get in this Game Development with MonoGame?
Course Completion Certificates
Mobile App Access
Game Development with MonoGame
- Make games using MonoGame
- Write code using C#
- Understand common programming fundamentals
- Design software using Object-Oriented Design
- Utilize open-source software in your projects
- Create several 2d Game Applications which incorporate flicker free animation and allow the user to use the keyboard and mouse to control movement.
MODULE 1: Essentials Training
Courses No. of Hours Certificates Details MonoGame - Beginners 51m ✔ MonoGame - Features 4h 19m ✔ MonoGame Practice Game - Brick Breaker Game 4h 9m ✔
MODULE 2: Projects based Learning
Courses No. of Hours Certificates Details MonoGame Practice Game - Yellow and Blue Block 2h 03m ✔ MonoGame 13h 38m ✔
About Game Development with MonoGame
Video games are on our computers, our consoles and our phones. Lots of people play them and every year more people are making them. Are you ready to embark on an exciting journey into the world of game development? In this course, we'll dive into the basics of creating games with MonoGame, a game framework that has a rich indie development heritage. We'll be using C#, a widely-used programming language in the industry, to bring our game ideas to life. With this powerful combination of a solid game engine and a well-documented language, you'll have all the tools you need to transform your imagination into stunning games. It's all about hands-on, project-based learning. We'll apply the programming and game development fundamentals we discuss to create our very own MonoGame projects. No need to worry if you've never written a line of code before - this course is designed for beginners and seasoned developers alike. We've got content that will benefit everyone. To master these aspects of game development, we'll need a strong grasp of various C# concepts. That's where our programming sections come in. We'll cover a wide range of topics, such as variables and data types, conditional statements, classes and inheritance, methods, loops, switch statements, and data structures. Game development is what got many developers into programming. But how many of us actually ever learned how to create games? Creating games can be challenging, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
MonoGame is a cross platform gaming framework based on Microsoft’s XNA framework that’s extremely easy to learn. MonoGame is a simple and powerful framework for creating games for desktop PCs, video game consoles, and mobile devices using the C# programming language. Best of all, games you build with MonoGame will run on iOS, Android, Mac OS X, tvOS, Windows, Linux, PlayStation 4, and more—write once, play anywhere. It has been succesfully used to create games such as Streets of Rage 4, Carrion, Celeste, Stardew Valley, and many other.
- You should have a beginner level understanding of C# . Basic concepts like loops, if statements, methods, arrays and some simple object oriented concepts
- Our focus will be working with Visual Studio Express or Community Edition on Windows machines .
- Not sure you have enough background to take the course ? Then I would recommend taking my first course "C# Programming for Beginners:Practical Applications Approach" before attempting this course
- Anyone who wants to learn game development
- Anyone who wants to learn programming fundamentals
- Anyone interested in picking up C# as a new language
- Anyone young or old who wants to start creating their own games from scratch. Using C# and MonoGame you get a full coded experience. If you prefer to control all the bits of your game and not rely on things being done for you, it's a better fit.