Learn from Home Offer
Complete Guide to XML
Jump into the world of XML with this fast and immersive course. Extend your advanced Excel skills with XML and XSLT processing.
* One Time Payment & Get Lifetime Access
What you get in this Complete Guide to XML?
Course Completion Certificates
Mobile App Access
Complete Guide to XML
- Choose a root tag
- Create your own custom tags
- Create an XML document Structure
- Generate an XML document
- Create nested tags
- You will learn the basics of XML and the role played by DTDs and schema documents in XML validation.
- You will learn how to import and export XML data into and out of Microsoft Excel.
- You will learn how to use XML mapping to target specific parts of the XML documents you are importing.
- You will learn how to use the WEBSERVICE function to retrieve data from an online web service.
- You will learn how to use Excel's FILTERXML function to extract data from both online and local XML data sources.
- You will how to construct XPath statements to target specific locations within an XML document.
- You will learn how to use XSLT stylesheets to reshape XML documents into an Excel-friendly structure.
- You will learn the basic syntax used in XSLT stylesheets and how XPath is used within XSLT.
MODULE 1: Essentials Training
Courses No. of Hours Certificates Details XML - Beginners 3h 04m ✔ XML Practical - Style Sheets with CSS and XSL 3h 32m ✔ XML Practical - Document Object Model 2h 37m ✔ XML Practical - Schemas 2h 2m ✔
MODULE 2: Projects based Learning
Courses No. of Hours Certificates Details XML Practical - XSLT Files and Execution 5h 22m ✔ XML Practical - XSLT and SVG Project 5h 13m ✔ XML Practical - Web Service Parsing XML API 2h 33m ✔ XML Practical - Web Development with XML 7h 5m ✔
MODULE 3: Learning from Practicals & Case Studies
Courses No. of Hours Certificates Details XML DTD Training 1h 16m ✔ XML XSD 50m ✔ XML and Java 7h 29m ✔
About Complete Guide to XML
This course is for developers who want a well-rounded approach to XML on the entire Microsoft product-line. It is based on our years of consulting and teaching XML and B2B/Integration. To be a well-rounded developer or architect, you need to be aware of all these features; and that's especially true for BizTalk and Integration Developers. In addition to learning XML, you will learn XPath, XSLT (Extensible Stylesheet Language - used to map XML to another XML or HTML), and XQuery. The course shows what is possible with the Microsoft .NET libraries, and what additional features are available by using the third party Saxonica .NET libraries. You will learn how to create and understand XSD Schemas, and how to validate an XML file against a schema. The programming languages covered as they relate to XML are C#, PowerShell, and T-SQL. You will learn how to read and write XML, and how to navigate and find elements and values in the XML, and how to modify the XML. This course is primarily targeted at students needing to understand the syntax and concepts behind XML and XML Schemas. This course is also for anyone who want to learn how to use XML Schemas to define the structure of XML languages and how to validate XML documents against XML schemas. XML has become a widely used standard for storing and exchanging information on the internet. Knowing how to work with XML has become a core skill that every developer needs to have. In this course, we'll start off by learning about what XML is and does, and some of its advantages. At the end of this course, students will be able to write well-formed XML documents, validate and enforce business rules using XML schemas
- A basic understanding of HTML
- A web browser capable of processing XML (like Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer)
- While not required, general knowledge of C# and Visual Studio would be useful
- While not required, experience in some programming language would be useful
- While not required, knowledge of HTML would be useful for one of the exericses
- Programmers or Analysts who want to create XML and XML Schema files
- Any student who want to master xml and xml schema in easy steps
- No prior knowledge of XML or any other language is required