Introduction to MySQL Database Repair
- MySQL Database Repair is a procedure that is followed or used when our database gets corrupted or damaged due to any software or hardware issue.
- When such a condition of defect occurs, then we can repair the database using phpMyAdmin.
- MySQL Database is called Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) which is fast, reliable, and secure available as an open-source. MySQL is based on SQL (Structured Query Language) for data manipulation processes.
- SQL allows managing the records in a database and relating with other databases also in MySQL database. SQL query language is featured with proven reliability, quick processing, easy to use and tractability to accomplish the type of structures.
- MySQL Database software is available under the terms of the GNU (General Public License) and also other proprietary licenses.
- Let us describe about Database which is well-defined as a Data Organization that is used to store huge amounts of data and information on the server. Database consists of tables and fields that are inserted in those tables in the form of columns and rows which helps to organize the data in an easy way.
How to Repair MySQL Database?
When we repair a database using phpMyAdmin firstly, we need to visit the phpMyAdmin tool and go to the Databases tab on the right pane. You can either login to your Cpanel and open phpMyAdmin option or on WAMP you can go to the same phpMyAdmin tool. Then click on the name of the desired database where you want to work on. You will see the tables on the right pane, select tables which you want to repair and check the boxes on the left of the tables. After this, With the Selected drop-down menu, you can choose Repair Table option. Now the tables will be automatically repaired and you can see a page with the results presented after a repair operation.
Sometimes the Database may get crashed so, we need to optimize it from time to time. In this tutorial, you will learn how to repair and optimize database tables using phpMyAdmin. phpMyAdmin is a database tool which is based on PHP and provides easy to use solution for the administrative operations for MySQL and MariaDB Databases that is an exceptionally established software alternative today.
Syntax & Examples
We use the following SQL syntax in MySQL Database server to apply Repair command:
REPAIR [NO_WRITE_TO_BINLOG | LOCAL] TABLE table_name [, table_name]…[QUICK] [EXTENDED] [USE_FRM]
Here, the above query will repair a possibly corrupted table but for certain storage engines.
For this, we need to SELECT and INSERT privileges for the table.
phpMyAdmin comes with the most powerful feature design to make manage the data such as Browse Tables, Table Structure, Add Information, Search Function, Drop, Remove Data, and so on.
Note that you should have admin privilege to create, repair, select, insert, or delete a database.
1. If you are using WAMP server, then you can also try the editor executing by SQL commands. You can download WAMP or XAMPP which is freely available and setup on your system. After this, you have run the localhost to open the homepage of WAMP.
2. You will find the PHPmyadmin option on the localhost homepage for MySQL server, use root as username and password (blank if not set) and get access to the database and run the SQL query statements.
3. You can manage the database and tables to access any field’s data.
4. For example, a database ‘PersonDb’ was created as follow on the WAMP server:
5. Let us first create any table named ‘Customer_Data’ with the following query:
CREATE TABLE Customer_Data (ID int NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, Name varchar(255) NOT NULL, Age int , Address varchar(255), Salary int );
Now, again let us consider inserting some demo data into the table ‘Customer_Data’ created under database ‘PersonDb’ by the following SQL command:
INSERT INTO Customer_Data (ID, Name, Age,Address, Salary)
VALUES ('1', 'Erica Smith', '21', 'Norway',’20000’);
We can view the data of the table using the SELECT statement as follows:
SELECT * FROM `customer_data`;
6. Suppose if we need to repair this table:
7. Then we can either directly go to the Databases tab and you can see the database ‘PersonDb’ click the database or from left menu you can do so. The table structure list can be viewed:
8. Now, check the box near the table name to select the table to be repaired in the database PersonDb as follows:
9. You can see the With Selected drop-down menu on checking the table, go to the menu select the REPAIR table option:
10. After this you will be redirected to the page with the status of the result where it says the table is successfully repaired and ok:
11. This is how we can Repair or database. Also, you can use the SQL Query statement on the database to repair table as shown below using the following command:
REPAIR TABLE customer_data;
This is the output which we write the SQL query in the editor and click on the Go button to run the command:
You can see that Database PersonDb with table customer_data is repaired with message status OK followed by the success message that the SQL query is executed successfully. So, these are the procedure for Repairing a database.
- MySQL Database application is used for numerous determinations such as E-Commerce, Data Warehousing, and logging applications to preserve and store records. But the most significant use of MySQL Database is Web Database.
- phpMyAdmin has become so popular today for administrative works because of various reasons like User-friendly Interface, allows us to manage both MySQL and MariaDB, option to import either SQL or CSV format data, and export the same as in SQL, PDF, CSV, XML, and other formats.
- phpMyAdmin is compatible with many operating systems and also allows viewing real-time activity charts and monitoring your MySQL server through CPU/RAM, physical memory usage, and other server processes.
This is a guide to MySQL Database Repair. Here we discuss the Introduction to MySQL Database Repair and the practical examples and different subquery expressions. You can also go through our suggested articles to learn more –
- Introduction to MySQL Operators
- Top Differences – Jira vs Github
- Top 23 MySQL String functions
- MySQL vs SQLite | Top 14 Comparisons
- Guide to MySQL Timestamp
- IF Statement in MySQL