Learn from Home Offer
Learn from Home Offer
Equity Research Training (17 Courses)
This Equity Research Certification is an awesome bundle of 17 courses with 65+ hours of equity research course video tutorials and Lifetime access. This training will enable you to learn how to project a company’s financials and perform valuation to determine the target price of the share.
What you get in this Equity Research Training?
About Online Equity Research Course
|Course||No. of Hours|
|Basic Microsoft Excel Training||4h 8m|
|Microsoft Excel - Advanced||6h 06m|
|Accounting:01 - Income Statement||1h 57m|
|Accounting:02 - Balance Sheet||3h 37m|
|Accounting:03 - Cash Flows Analysis||1h 3m|
|Corporate Valuation - Beginner to Pro in Microsoft Excel||3h 06m|
|DCF - Discounted Cash Flow||5h 12m|
|Comparable Comps - Comparable Company Analysis||3h 57m|
|Comprehensive Relative Valuation Training||5h 9m|
|Equity Research Report Writing||1h 37m|
|Financial Modeling Case Study: Big Books||8h 51m|
|Financial Modeling of Siemens AG||8h 02m|
|Financial Modeling of Twitter||5h 17m|
|Financial Modeling - Indian Telecommunication Sector||3h 58m|
|Financial Modeling - Automobile Sector||4h 34m|
|Comcast and Time Warner Merger Modeling Training||3h 39m|
|Financial Modeling - Banking Sector||8h 22m|
|Course Name||Online Equity Research Course Bundle|
|Deal||You get access to all 17 courses bundle.|
|Hours||65+ Video Hours|
|Core Coverage||Equity Research including Fundamental analysis, Financial Modeling, and Valuation of a Live company|
|Excel Templates Included?||Yes. All templates downloadable|
|Course Validity||Lifetime Access|
|Eligibility||Anyone serious about learning Equity Research and wants to make a career in this Field|
|Pre-Requisites||None (Basic accounting knowledge should help)|
|What do you get?||Certificate of Excellence for each of the 17 courses|
|Certification Type||Course Completion Certificates|
|Verifiable Certificates?||Yes, you get verifiable certificates for each course with a unique link. These link can be included in your resume/Linkedin profile to showcase your enhanced Equity Research Skills|
|Type of Training||Video Course – Self Paced Learning|
|Software Required||Excel (2007 or above)|
|System Requirement||1 GB RAM or higher|
|Other Requirement||Speaker / Headphone|
Online Equity Research Training Curriculum
Before we discuss the prerequisites and target audience and answer your questions, let’s talk about the equity research training curriculum.
Basic Microsoft Excel Training
This is the first module of the course. Before if you ever learn to analyze or understand investments, you need to make your basics clear. That’s why you will learn how to feed data into excel, how to apply various functions, how to avoid common errors, and also how to make excel your ally. You would need to invest around 4 hours for this module.
Microsoft Excel - Advanced
This module will teach you the advanced excel. In the first module, you would learn the basics. In this module, you will use the fundamentals to go to the next level. From data functions, what-if analysis to the array, pivot tables, names & dynamic range, form controls, advanced charts - you will learn. You need to invest around 6 hours.
Accounting:01 - Income Statement
Next module is on the income statement. The income statement is one of four most important financial statements you need to analyze. You will learn how to create an income statement and also how to look at an income statement. You will learn the difference between a fiscal year and a calendar year. You will also learn how to calculate profit margins, you will know about revenue recognition, nonrecurring items, depreciation expense, and finally a case study on Colgate.
Accounting:02 - Balance Sheet
This Equity research course is dedicated to the balance sheet analysis. A balance sheet is one of significant four financial statements for any company. You will learn about current assets, current liabilities, long-term assets, long-term liabilities, financial reporting standards, and shareholders’ equity. This entire module will take around 3.5 hours.
Accounting:03 - Cash Flows Analysis
This is the next module on cash flow analysis. Here you will learn how to look at a cash flow statement and how to make sense of it. You will learn to find out net cash flow from operating activities, investing activities, and finance activities. You will also learn the direct method and the indirect method of calculating cash flow from operations. You will also get to understand the entire module via examples and case studies. This module will take around 1 hour.
Corporate Valuation - Beginner to Pro in Microsoft Excel
In this Equity research course, first, you will learn a brief overview of corporate valuation. Then, sequentially, you will learn the dividend discount model (DDM), discounted cash flow (DCF), you will also learn how to calculate enterprise value (EV) and relative valuation. To complete the module, you need to invest around 3 hours.
Financial Modeling of Siemens AG
Since this is a comprehensive training, at last, you will learn how to create a financial model for a real company. That’s why in this module, you will learn about the framework & prerequisites of the valuation, how to define the need, how to project income statement, how to look at the working capital schedule, how to create a cash flow statement, ratio analysis, scenario analysis, and finally DCF valuation.
DCF - Discounted Cash Flow
This entire module is dedicated to the DCF valuation method. You will start learning what the DCF valuation is. Then, you will get to understand the absolute valuation, DCF, the advantages of DCF, net debt and cost of debt, beta, and you will also go through a case study. This module will take around 5 hours.
Comparable Comps - Comparable Company Analysis
In this Equity research training course, you will learn how one can do comparable company analysis. You will first learn a brief overview of comparable companies and how to look at them. Then you will learn the valuation methodologies and each part of it, step by step - from selecting peers to selecting the multiples, from drawing the company sheets to calculating takeover premium, doing REIT valuation. You will also learn common interview questions and get to practice practical files. The entire module will take around 4 hours.
Comprehensive Relative Valuation Training
This Equity research training is focused entirely on the relative valuation. You will learn a brief overview of the relative valuation. Then you will learn the types and advantages and disadvantages of relative valuation, and you will also learn a practical example to illustrate the relative valuation. This module will also take you around 5 hours.
Equity Research Report Writing
Not everyone can write well, mostly in a clear and concise manner. That’s why one needs to learn how to present information in a formatted and distinct manner. In this Equity research course, you will learn how to write an equity research report. We will start with report writing and its overview. Gradually, we will talk about understanding sell-side reports, data analysis, Minto’s Pyramid Cycle, actually writing the research reports, and finally the whole summary of what you would learn. This would take around 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- 6+ Industry Projects
- Hands-on Instructor-led Case Studies
- Perform financial analysis on Live company data
- Build a financial & Valuation Model from scratch
- Forecast Target Price of Shares
- Showcase Projects in your CV/Linkedin
Equity Research Training Projects
Certificate of Completion
What is Equity Research?
Equity research analysis is a complex undertaking. It involves financial analysis, financial modeling, looking at the fundamentals of the company, financial statement analysis, scenario analysis, and a lot more.
When we talk about equity research, it can be from both the buy-side and sell-side of a firm. Equity research analysts look at the market, gauge the trends, analyze the factors, and also try to understand the impacts of market trends on business outcomes and stocks of different companies.
There are two other factors that we think you should care about. One is commodities. To be an equity research analyst, you should know a lot about commodities, its trends, how to invest in commodities, etc. Another is deals about bonds. ER mainly deals with these two things. But ER analysts also look at the macroeconomic view of the market, conducting the derivative analysis with the derivative department of the brokerage firm.
Plus. you need to be able to have a helicopter view of the financial affairs of the company and will be able to understand the trends of the industry and you should thoroughly look at each statement and also do the financial modeling and valuation whenever it would be required.
Industry Growth TrendThe Financial Services Application Market is expected to grow from $66.92 billion in 2014 to $103.66 billion to 2019, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 9.1% during the forecast period 2014-2019.
[Source - MarketsandMarkets]
[Source - Indeed]
Skills you will learn in this course?
In this Equity Research analyst certification, you will get to learn many, many skills. Here’s a list of tangible skills you would learn from this Equity research course –
- MS Excel: Even if as an ER analyst, it’s given that you should know MS Excel, we haven’t left anything to chance. So, we will begin the course with the basics and the advanced level excel.
- Valuation: This is one of the most important skills you would learn in this Equity research course. You will learn the dividend discount model (DDM), discounted cash flow (DCF), and also how to calculate enterprise value (EV) and relative valuation. Along with that, you will also learn how to apply this knowledge in real life.
- Research report writing: This is again not being taught in every ER course. So, in this Equity research course, you will also learn how you should approach ER report writing. And with practice, I would be able to write incredible ER reports.
- Willingness for a career in equity research: The only prerequisite to this course is your interest in equity research. If you’re a finance student but you don’t have any interest in equity research, you will not get the best value out of this course.
- Basic knowledge of finance: This Equity research course consists of a lot of advanced concepts. Without the basic knowledge of finance, it wouldn’t be possible for you to grasp the entire course under 65+ hours.
- Students of finance: This is an ideal course for those students that want to build a career in equity research. But make sure you love data, analysis, research, investments, and writing.
- Professionals of finance: If you’re a juncture at your career and want to shift from one to another, equity research may be the career you should look for. If you love research and analysis, you would love this course. This Equity research course will guide you step by step on how to become an equity research analyst.
Equity Research Training FAQs – General Questions
Why should I do this Equity research training course?
You shouldn’t if you want to pursue something else. But if you want to build a career in equity research, this course is the most significant one you would ever do.
How much time do I need to invest after doing the course?
This Equity research course is something that you can take on again and again and again. And perfection depends on how much you work on yourself and the materials you receive.
I’m not a finance professional, should I do this Equity research course?
No. First, I have a basic knowledge of finance. You can opt for a basic finance course and then go ahead and do this course.
Below are some of the sample videos of this Equity Research analyst certification course. Click on the icons below to view the video samples –
Logical functions IF AND OR5.21
Ddm - Dividend Discount Model- Compare Intrinsic And Market Price5.04
Drawing the Comps Sheet11.10
Working on Balance Sheet Items02.31
- Comprehensive equity research module: We are certain that you wouldn’t get any better course than this on equity research. If you want to master equity research and aim to be an equity research analyst, this is a must-do course for you.
- You will be way ahead than your peers: We don’t believe in competition either, but what if you do this course and they don’t? The obvious side-effect is that you would be way ahead than your peers – and you would rather feel amazing being the center of the crowd.
- With the right application, you will become an equity research analyst: This Equity research course works if you will work. And with the right use of the material, you will achieve your dream of becoming an equity research analyst. And you will also master several skills (financial analysis, financial modeling, valuation, MS Excel, ER report writing) in a go.
Satisfied with course
Great overview of Report Writing
Equity Research Report Writing Training
José Agostinho Pedro
Excellent! Financial Modelling Course