Learn from Home Offer
Learn from Home Offer
Banking Financial Modeling Course
The Banking Financial Modeling Training Certification Course is a concise bundle of 5 Online courses with 25+ hours of HD video tutorials and Lifetime Access. Here we learn about how valuation and excel based financial modeling of the Banking sector works. We will also discuss case studies of JP Morgan, Bank of America, Islamic Banking model.
* One Time Payment & Get Lifetime Access
What you get in this Banking Financial Modeling Course?
Course Completion Certificates
Mobile App Access
About Banking Financial Modeling Course
|Courses||This is a 5-course bundle. Please note that you get access to all 5 courses. You do not need to register for each course separately.|
|Hours||25+ Video Hours|
|Core Coverage||We will be learning Banking centric financial modeling, which includes case studies on banks such as JP Morgan, Bank of America, and the Islamic Banking model|
|Course Validity||Lifetime Access. You can view the course anywhere, on any device, at any number of times|
|Eligibility||No eligibility as such.|
|What do you get?||Certificate of Excellence for each of the 5 courses|
|Certification Type||Course Completion Certificates|
|Verifiable Certificates?||Yes, these are verifiable certificates. This means you will be provided with a unique URL/Link to include in your resume/Linkedin profile for online verification.|
|Type of Training||Video Course and Self-Paced Learning|
Banking Financial Modeling Course Curriculum
Courses No. of Hours Certificates Details Financial Modeling - Banking Sector 7h 51m ✔
Courses No. of Hours Certificates Details Financial Modeling - Bank of America 2h 57m ✔ Financial Modeling - JPMorgan Bank 6h 34m ✔ Financial Modeling - Islamic Banking 4h 47m ✔
Courses No. of Hours Certificates Details Banking sector financial model 4h ✔
|Serial No.||Course Name||No. of Hours||
|1||Financial Modeling – Banking Sector||7h 51m||This is the first module of this course. In this, we will start with an overview of the financial institutions and also with an overview of the banking sector. Then, we will teach you how banks differ in financial modeling by comparing financial statements. What are all the regulatory requirements, loan portfolio projections, loan loss reserve projections, balance sheet projections, interest-bearing assets and liabilities, income statement projections, cash flow statement projections, linking the financial statements, capital adequacy, dividends, stock repurchase, and public comparables?
Finally, we will end this module with the dividend discount model and provide you with the Excel sheets and .pdf files. You need to watch 69 videos to cover the whole module.
|2||Banking Sector Financial Modeling – Bank of America||2h 57m||This module focuses particularly on the financial modeling of Bank of America. You will learn how financial modeling is done for US banks and various terminologies, approaches, formatting, and assumptions. You will briefly learn about Bank of America, punching balance sheets, income statements, cash flow, and valuation and ratio analysis. For that, you need to watch 30 videos to cover the entire module.|
|3||Financial Modeling – JPMorgan Bank||6h 34m||This module focuses particularly on the financial modeling of JPMorgan Chase. You will learn about how financial modeling is done for US banks, specifically for JPMorgan Chase. You will explore various terminologies, approaches, formatting, and assumptions and gain a brief understanding of JPMorgan Chase’s financial statements, including the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement. Additionally, you will learn about valuation techniques and ratio analysis specific to JPMorgan Chase. To cover the entire module, you will need to watch 54 videos.|
|4||Islamic Banking Modeling||4h 47m||This module provides an in-depth understanding of financial modeling for Islamic banking. You will learn everything about Islamic banking and how things work in the case of the financial modeling of an Islamic bank. You will learn the important principles of the prohibition of interest (riba) and the adherence to Shariah-compliant practices you must follow. Along with these key principles are other important things like the revenue and cost concepts of an Islamic bank, like assumptions, linking the balance sheets, ratio analysis, and valuation are also discussed. It will take 35 videos in total to cover the entire module.|
|5||Banking Sector Financial Model||4h||We will start this module with a brief conceptual overview of financial modeling, and we will also introduce you to the banking sector modeling & why financial modeling is important. Then, we will take you through the balance sheet and profit & loss model construction, the cash flow statement, ratio analysis, valuation analysis, and a quick recap, and finally, we will provide you with the reference files. You would need to watch 31 videos to cover the whole module.|
|Total Duration||25+ Hours|
Banking Financial Modeling Course Description
Let’s get into the course material directly. In this section, we will talk about each module and how the course is structured.
- The Best Part: The best part of this course is it will open up several career opportunities for financial analysts. This course is not structured just for learning and discussing a few concepts and theories. On the contrary, this course is designed in a manner where you can use everything you learn here in the real world. You could do this course in under 25 hours, but after that, you must practice what you have learned to get the maximum benefit.
- Objectives: There are three things you should remember while doing this course.
- You will learn about the US banking sector because this course will teach you modeling by using the most effective method of teaching i.e. case study analysis.
- You will learn the steps of building a financial model from scratch and thus will know step by step process of doing it.
- If you have had a few years of experience already in the banking sector, this course will enhance your credibility and expertise.
- Introduction: The first section is an overview of the financial modeling of the US Bank. Financial modeling is a vast subject, and there are various different parts of it. So you need to know specifically about US banks to be able to replicate the same in the banking sector.
- Terminologies and Approach: As experts in the field teach this course, they would use terminologies you may not follow if you are new to this sector, like Top-down and Bottom-up. Therefore you need to know the terminologies and the approaches taken to build the financial models for US banks. Hence this section is an important block of learning financial modeling.
- Formatting and assumptions: In any financial modeling, the two most important aspects are formatting and assumptions. If you can do these two right, the latter part will take care of itself. In this section, you will learn about formatting and assumptions before going into further detail.
- Case Studies: The cases of Bank of America and JP Morgan have been taken as an example to build and teach the banking financial model to you. In this section, you will learn the rest of the steps in financial modeling and a brief description of Bank of America so that you can relate to the whole case later in the course.
- Creating an Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow: In the next few sections, you will learn how to make income, balance sheets, and cash flow statements. You will also get to know about the working investing activity. Each section here is important because they are all related, and you can’t understand the next section until you finish the earlier ones.
- Drivers: The next section is very useful. It will teach you about the drivers behind balance sheets and income statements. You will also learn to add gross loans and allowances, and you will also learn to assume and predict the growth rate. Finally, you will learn “working on no interest rate” and how to link with the income statement.
- Linking balance sheet: In this section, you will learn to link balance sheets and debt securities, total deposits, and short-term & long-term debt.
- Valuation: This section is the most important because you will learn how valuation works here. You will learn to calculate valuation using the price-to-book value method.
- Ratio Analysis: People with knowledge of finance will know what ratio analysis is. In this section, you will learn ratio analysis in detail and about different shares used for valuation.
- Your Work Begins: The most important part is practice begins. As we discussed earlier, practice is key. To ensure you have adequate study material, we provide Excel sheets for you to download and practice banking financial analysis.
- Entrepreneurs/ Small business owners: If you have invested in banks or work as a consulting firm for your clients, this course will seem of tremendous value to you and your employees. After completing this course, you don’t need to outsource any work of bank financial modeling. You would be able to do it all by yourself for your clients.
- 3+ Industry Projects
- Hands-on Instructor-led Case Studies
- Perform financial analysis on Live company data
- Build a financial & Valuation Model from scratch
- Forecast Target Price of Shares
- Showcase Projects in your CV/Linkedin
Banking Financial Modeling Course Projects
Certificate of Completion
Industry Growth TrendThe wealth management platform market was valued at USD 1.52 Billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 3.20 Billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 13.4% during the forecast period. The base year considered for this report is 2016, and the forecast period is 2017–2022.
[Source - MarketsandMarkets]
[Source - Indeed]
About Banking Sector
Banks have been the backbone of the economy since ancient times. To live a great life, we take the assistance of banks and save deposits, pay, and invest money through banks. The banking sector is very important in our lives. So it should come as no surprise that banking has been the most evolving sector of our time.
Many of you want to enter the ever-evolving and highly lucrative banking sector. Yes, we agree there is a great opportunity in the banking sector if you have the required skills. As equity research analysts and financial analysts, you have ample options to specialize and master a bank’s financial analysis, and this course will teach you the exact banking model with real-life case study analysis.
What tangible skills will you learn in this course?
You will learn how to do financial modeling for banking in a nutshell. Here’s a list of what more you would learn in this course –
- Financial modeling: You will not only learn to create easy financial models, but we will also teach you how to create complex financial models in this course.
- Valuation: Along with financial modeling, you will also learn how to conduct valuation for the banking sector.
- Islamic banking financial modeling: What’s new in this course that we rarely find in any bank financial modeling course is Islamic banking financial modeling. You would know the nitty-gritty of how an Islamic bank runs and learn the complex financial models.
Before we go into detail about the things you need, the target audience for the course, FAQs, and career benefits.
- This course is designed for a specific audience. And, of course, there are some prerequisites. Let’s have a look at them.
- Basic Knowledge of Finance and Accounting: Basic knowledge of Finance and Accounting is important if you want to do this course. All you need is a basic understanding of finance concepts like various methods of valuation and accounting fundamentals like ratio analysis, as it is vital for a bank’s financial analysis.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel: Basic Microsoft Excel is extremely necessary to understand financial modeling. If you don’t know, we recommend that you do our Excel Training course before pursuing this one.
- A computer and an internet connection: This is an online course, so you can do this course at your convenience. All you need is a computer and an internet connection. Because you are on our website, I assume you already have a computer and an internet connection.
- Eagerness and willingness to practice: This course will teach you all the details and structure of bank financial modeling. But you have to do the work at the end of the course. Without practice, you won’t fetch maximum benefit from this course.
- Our banking financial modeling training is suitable for everyone who is interested in it, but it is even more useful for these groups of individuals.
- Finance Students: This course is mainly designed for finance students who want to explore more banking opportunities. Financial modeling is a hot career nowadays, and once you do this course, it will propel you to get ahead of most of your peers in the long run.
- Finance professionals: People with a few years of experience can do this course because it may teach them an extra skill. If they already know everything, it may be a refresher for their existing knowledge base.
- Consultants and experienced professionals: This course is not limited to just freshers or new professionals. Rather, this course will add tremendous value to those with years of experience in financial modeling and bank financial analysis. As this is a banking-centric modeling course, it will help experienced professionals learn particular modeling with the help of the case study method.
Banking Financial Modeling Course FAQs – General Questions
Why should I do this Banking Financial Modeling Course?
You should do this course if you want to learn banking financial modeling without any unwanted information. This is a specific course, and its scope is limited to banking financial modeling. If you are looking for any other financial modeling course, you can look at our series of other financial modeling courses.
I already know how to do banking financial modeling; do I need to do this course?
If you think you can derive value from this course, then you definitely must try it. It’s just under 25 hours, and even if you know the subject matter, it will be a great way to brush up on some old knowledge. It is okay if you decide against it. But we recommend this course even after you know about the same, as this course will hand you a practical skill in under 25 hours.
I am not from the finance domain; should I do this Bank Financial Modeling Course?
If you don’t aim to transition into finance or not from finance, this course may not be suitable for you. Because until and unless you know basic finance and accounting, this course won’t be able to add any value to you! However, you are the best judge.
- Add a Practical Skill to Your Portfolio: Financial modeling skill is valuable in today’s market. If you know this specific sort of financial modeling, you can use it as leverage for better pay and a better position.
- Save Cost and Time: It’s true. You don’t need to sit for hours in the classroom to learn this specific financial modeling. All you need to do is invest 25 hours and add your practice time. Moreover, this course is reasonably priced and will not cost you a fortune like any other similar course.
- Practical: Using the knowledge you gain in this course, you can enhance your skillset in real-world scenarios as often as possible.
Kypus Diepreye Ikaye
Fabulous Refresh On The Accounting Basics!!!
Course Completion Experience
SHUBHAM SANJAY SAMBHU