12h 03m | 175 Videos | 35153 Views | All Levels
Ruby Programming Training Courses
- eduCBA brings you the course on Ruby Programming Training.
- Ruby on Rails is an open source web application framework written in Ruby language. Rails is a full-stack framework that accentuate the use of popular software engineering design and paradigms, including convention over configuration (CoC), model–view–controller, the active record pattern, and don’t repeat yourself (DRY).
- Like many web frameworks, Ruby on Rails uses the model–view–controller (MVC) pattern to construct application programming.
- We can define Ruby as: A High Level Programming Language, Interpreted like Perl, Python, Tcl/TK., Object-Oriented Like Java, Smalltalk, Eiffel, Ada.
- By default, a model in the Rails framework maps to a table in a database, and a Ruby file. E.g , a model class User will commonly be defined in the file user.rb in the app/models directory, and it will be linked to the table users in the database. Developers can select any file name or database table name, model name. But this is not common practice and usually discouraged according to the “convention over configuration” philosophy.
- A controller is a constituent of Rails that reply to external requests from the web server to the application by determining which view file to render.
- The controller perhaps has to query one or more models directly for instructions and pass it on to the view. A controller may supply one or more actions. In Rails, an action is usually a basic unit that tells how to respond to a specific external web-browser request. Also note that the controller/action will be available for external web requests only if a particular route is mapped to it.
- Rails inspire developers to use REST-ful routes, which include actions such as: create new, update, edit, destroy, show, and index. These mappings of incoming requests/routes to controller instruction can be easily set the routes configuration file.
- An erb file will be the default configuration for view, which is compiled to HTML at run-time.
- Ruby on Rails has tools that make common development tasks easier “out of the box”, such as scaffolding that can automatically build up some of the models and views needed for a basic website.
- Also included are WEBrick, a plain Ruby web server that is dispersing with Ruby, and Rake, a build system, distributed as a gem. Composed with Ruby on Rails, these tools provide a primary development environment.
- Ruby on Rails is most generally not connected to the Internet directly, but through some front-end web server. Mongrel was commonly chosen over “WEBrick” in the early days but it can also run on Lighttpd, Apache, Cherokee, Hiawatha, nginx, and many others.
- After 2008, the web server change to Mongrel as the most-used web server for Ruby on Rails. Ruby is also supported on the IBM.
- Version 2.0 onwards, Ruby on Rails gives both HTML and XML as standard output formats. The latter is the ability for RESTful web services.
Why you should do Ruby Programming Training?
- It is very easy to learn
- Open source (very liberal license)
- It has Rich libraries
- Very easy to extend
- Truly Object-Oriented
- Less Coding with fewer bugs
- Helpful community
- Your code and database schema are the configuration!
- Compilation stage is not needed.
- Open source Ruby framework for creating database-backed web applications.
- It contains everything needed to create a database-driven web application using the Model-View-Controller pattern.
- It needs less no of total lines of code than other frameworks spend setting up their XML configuration files.
- Rails is full of features that make you more creative, with many of the following features building on one other.
- Meta-programming : Other frameworks need vast code generation from scratch. Meta-programming method uses programs to write programs. Ruby is one of the best languages, and Rails has this ability well. Rails also uses code generation but depends much more on meta-programming.
- Active Record framework: Rails offers the Active Record framework, which saves objects to the database. The Rails version of Active Record finds the columns in a database structure and directly attaches them to your domain objects using meta-programming.
- Convention over configuration: Most web development frameworks for .NET or Java enforce you to write pages for configuration code. If you follow suggested naming conventions, Rails doesn’t need much configuration.
- Scaffolding: You frequently create temporary code in the early stages of development to help get an application up quickly and see how major components work together. Rails automatically creates much of the stages you’ll need.
- In build testing: Rails creates simple automated tests you can then extend. Rails also gives supporting code like harnesses and fixtures that make test cases easy to write and run. Ruby can then run all your automated tests with the rake utility.
- 3 environments: Rails gives you 3 default environments: testing, production, and development. Each function slightly differently, making your entire software development cycle straightforward. For example, Rails generates a new copy of the Test database for each test run.
Target Audience for Ruby Programming Training:
- Students who want to learn Ruby on rails
- Programmers, Web Developers
- For experienced web developers who are new to Rails
- Anyone with interest in web programming and introductory knowledge of HTML
Pre-requisites for Ruby Programming Training:
- It’s certainly possible to begin learning Rails without any prior Ruby exposure but experience with other dynamic languages + frameworks would be good.
- Since ruby is an object-oriented language, it’s very nice if you have a good previous background in object-oriented programming.
- Some good front-end skills in HTML/HTML5 will help you.
Ruby Programming Training Advantages
- You could develop a web application with at least 10x faster with Rails than you could with a typical Java framework.
- Build a new Rails application from scratch
- Understand the various deployment options for Rails applications
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Ruby Programming Training courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|