About the Linux System Administration with Python:
- All languages are tools. Then you may ask why Python. But python unlike other languages is a very efficient way for scripting. Python is not only very easy to learn but can even accomplish complicated tasks with minimal amount of coding. Python can be used for analysis of genomic sequences, multithreaded servers and heavy duty analysis.
- This course is intended to clear your understanding of Python from basics to advanced level.
- So, if you are a network engineer, system administrator, Penetration tester or for any network or system related tasks, this course is for you.
- This course will assume that you at least have some knowledge or either python or any other programming language. If you are just a noob and you only know the basics of what a computer is, this course is not for you.
- Python taught in this course would be totally object oriented.
- This course also provides light on security related tasks, performing network scanning and open port scanning.
- If you have knowledge in networking and nothing else, then you too can continue with this course. In this course, there will be a lot of comparison between bash (used in Unix, Linux terminal and Mac), Python and I-Python.
This Linux System Administration with Python course will contain the following topics:
4. Documentation and Reporting
8. OS Soup
9. Package Management
10 .Processes and Concurrency
11. Building GUIs
12. Data Persistence
13. Command Line
What are the requirements?
- Basic Python knowledge (Even if you don’t know python, knowing any programming language will work fine)
- Basic familiarity with Linux and Unix Environment (Knowing bash would be an added advantage)
What am I going to get from this course?
- The objective of this course is to make a person a System Administrator in Linux
- This course will enhance your knowledge about python programming and writing scripts to do daily tasks in Linux rather than doing it manually
What is the target audience?
- People in IT development field (System administration, Python development, Advance bash skills)
- Anyone who wants to operate and learn python and bash in Linux or Unix.