Project Time Management Training Course
- Time is a severe resource to waste. In a project, this is the most valuable resource.
- Every delivery that you are supposed to prepare is time-bound. So without proper time management, a project can head towards a disaster.
- When it comes to project time management, it is not only the time of the project manager, but it is the time management of the project team.
- For managing project time, Scheduling is the easiest way. In this approach, the activities of the project are evaluated and the durations are determined based on the resource utilization for each activity.
- In addition to the evaluation and resource allocation, cost always plays a vital role in time management. This is due to the fact which schedule over-runs are quite expensive.
- Effective project management requires enough time for planning and based on the results of planning, enough time for execution of those plans. In this Project time management course, we’ll discuss project activity decomposition and then how the work packages are sequenced, calculated, and accounted for. We’ll also discuss on art and science of estimating the time for work packages in new and common projects. Once the work’s been decomposed, we’ll create and visualize the network diagram. Time management is a crucial element in the PMP exam. You’ll need a strong understanding of the activities and methods to anticipate and account for project time. Time management is important to not only passing the PMP exam but also to successful project management.
- To effectively complete and manage a project, a project manager must be able to appropriately manage time. Within a project, there can be many aspects that affect the project duration: activity duration, project calendars, resource calendars, vendors, activity sequencing, and more. Time management begins with the constraints of the project calendar, the product schedule, the resource calendars, as well as the activities and their expected period.
Following are the major steps in the project time management process. Each addresses a different area of time management in a project.
Defining the Activities:
When it comes to a project, there are few levels for identifying activities. First of all, the high-level requirements are crackdown into high-level tasks or deliverables.
Then, based on the task granularity, the high-level tasks or deliverables are broken down into activities and presented in the form of WBS (Work Breakdown Structure).
Sequencing the Activities:
In order to maintain the project time, it is critical to identify the action sequence. The activities found in the previous step should be sequenced based on the execution order.
The activity interdependencies should be considered when sequencing.
Resource Estimating for Activities
The estimation of the amount and the type of resources required for activities is done in this step. Depending on the number of resources allocated for an activity, its duration differs.
So the project management team should have a clear understanding about the resources allocation in order to accurately manage the project time.
Duration and Effort Estimation
This is one of the main steps in the project planning process. Since estimates are all about the time or duration, this step should be completed with a higher accuracy.
For this step, there are many estimation mechanisms occupied, so your project should select an appropriate one.
Most of the companies pursue either WBS based estimating or Function Points based estimates in this step.
Once the activity estimates are finished, the critical path of the project should be identified in order to determine the total project duration. For the project time management, this is one of the key inputs.
Development of a Schedule
In order to build an accurate schedule, a few parameters from the previous steps are required.
Activity sequence, the duration of each activity and the resource requirements or allocation for each activity is the most important factors.
In case if you achieve this step manually, you may end up wasting a lot of valuable project planning time. There are many software packages, like Microsoft Project, that will assist you to develop the reliable and accurate project schedule.
As a part of the schedule, you will develop a Gantt chart in order to visually monitor the activities and the milestones.
The Schedule Control
No any project in the practical world can be executed without changes to the original schedule. So, it is necessary for you to update your project schedule with ongoing changes.
Project Time Management – Conclusion
Time management is the main responsibility of a project manager. For time management, the project manager should equip with a strong skill and sense.
There are a number of time management techniques which have been integrated into the management theories and best practices.
As an example, Scrum project management style has its own techniques for time management.
In addition, if you are keen on learning time management at greater depths, you can always gain into a training course of one of the reputed and respected time management trainers.
Why is the Project Time Management Training required?
- Time management is a process of preparation and exercising conscious control over the amount of time spent on specific activities, especially to increase effectiveness, efficiency or productivity. So, effective management is the key to the success of any project.
- Project management is one of the requirements for professionals in many fields, with many employers now identifying project management skills as vital for corporate success.
- The main function of project management is to ensure that all the activities in a project are scheduled and achieved conveniently, within the predetermined time and budget parameters.
- Time estimates drive the setting of deadlines for delivery and planning of projects and hence will impact on other people’s assessment of your reliability and competence as a project manager.
- Time estimates often find the pricing of contracts and hence the profitability of the contract/project in commercial terms.
At the end of the training course, the student would gain the following skills:
i) Knowledge of Software Engineering Concepts
ii) Ability to understand Project Management Frameworks
iii) Ability to understand feasibility study and requirements management
iv) Create Project Plans and Monitor Projects
v) Metrics Analysis
vi) Conduct Risk Identification and Management
Project Time Management Training Goals and Objectives
- The primary goal is to prepare students for a successful professional career in the project management
- To get a good knowledge of all project management concepts.
- This course contains over 61 lectures and 8.5 hours of content.
- Completion of the program will enable you to illustrate a powerful understanding of the principles, background, and applications of these subjects and can be used in progress towards a full knowledge of Project Management.
- Learn how to take control of your schedule
- Time management methodologies consist of a series of habits and good practices which help you to get more organized.
- At the end of the training course, you will learn how to manage your time more efficiently. You will recognize productivity improvements.
Target Audience for Project Time Management Training
- Project Management Professionals
- New developers who are interested to learn project management
- Students aspiring to be project management professionals
- Students who want to learn all management topics from scratch
- Anyone preparing for PMP or interested in project management
- All developers
- Any experienced developer/programmer who has worked on the management
- This online training program has been prepared for the beginners to help them to understand the basic to advanced concepts of project management
- This online tutorial will bring you at the intermediate level of expertise from where you can catch yourself at a higher level of expertise.
Pre-requisites for Project Time Management Training
- Previous experience is not required
- Basic knowledge of Computers required
- Knowledge of Internet
- It is good if you have the understanding on the basics of Project Management
- Such basic knowledge will help you to understand the project management concepts quickly and you can move fast on a learning track.
Advantages of Project Time Management Training
Some advantages are there for managing the project time which is as follows.
- We know some basic advantages of project time management such as gain time, motivates and initiates, reduces avoidance, promotes review, reduces anxiety etc.
- When you have a high time management plan, you are giving yourself an individual chance to generate a timetable that works to suit your busy caseload.
- When you build a good plan, you will soon find time to do all the things that matter most to you in life. In addition, when you have a good time management plan you are also saving your health.
- At once, try to avoid handling multitasking, unless it is your job and you are sufficient and you have laid out a time management plan.
- When you set up a master timetable, you will wish to list the priorities first and work your way down to the least important tasks.
- It is important to keep in mind that time is necessary. When we waste the time, we are wasting money.
- When you are not focused or you do not have a time management plan, you are only hurting yourself in the long run.
- Most people without a time management plan often get with poor health, insomnia, and other discomforting issues.
- So you can see that time management is significant since it affects everyone around you, but most of all affect you.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Project Time Management Training courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|