Overview Project Productivity Improvement
What the course is all about, its basics, its bigger predecessors
If we try to define a project, we can see that “a project is a temporary undertaking that moves towards attaining a particular goal or objective to bring about improvements or changes or new products or service altogether within a fixed business structure.”
The Productivity Project Improvement is a part and parcel of Project Management. With its inception in the 1950s, it was formally selected as a methodical approach to implement the tasks and plans that were prepared to achieve a project objective.
Some postulations dictated the manner in which each project was considered and the approach was homogeneously applied to throughout the industries. This was a conservative approach and that suggested the plans would stay unchanged after the settlement was reached and no changes or risks were encountered thereafter. The productivity project, in this case, was open to being influenced in some way or the other within businesses. So, this was a rather inflexible process.
As the years rolled by, and as many diverse notions and methodologies came into being, Project Management became more flexible helping project managers to be successful in their ventures.
In Project Management training, you need to have a deep interest in Project Management, basic computer knowledge and the passion to learn and acquire knowledge.
The PPI course covers the application of Project Productivity on Development as part and parcel of the ADM lifecycle. This is the first of the course series on Project Productivity. The second of the series will deal with PPI tools and it will encompass Primavera. It will show the manner in which these processes are implemented.
Legacy modernization or software modernization is the conversion, rewriting, or porting of a legacy system and to a modern computer programming language software libraries, protocols, or hardware platforms. Referring to ADM, it is the initiative to standardize views of the existing systems so that common modernization activity is enabled including code analysis and comprehension, software transformation.
Project Management encompasses Project Management Characteristics, Life Cycle and Phases, Process Groups and Knowledge Areas, Project Integration Management, Scope Management and Time Management. Three factors – time, cost and scope determine the way Project Management is carried out directs the project manager when making different types of decisions. These are three constraints in the realm of Project Management. As these aspects determine the approaches and the manner in which the project is devised there are phases or processes to project that bear the same characteristics. It is these projects that make up the project’s lifecycle and every stage determines the progress of the project. These phases include:
- Monitor and Control
So, the Project Productivity Improvement course here goes a long way in initiating you to the depths of the course and enables professional or student and businessman or academic alike to learn all about this branch of computing well and in the best way possible.
Project Productivity Improvement Course Description
What is the course all about, its contents, etc?
This course comprises of 31+ hours of HD videos, 170+ lectures and it is an Intermediate course. 3916 students and professionals have already enrolled in the course and that vouches for its popularity.
These courses can be divided into three types:
Quarterly, Annual and Lifetime.
- The Quarterly course is ideal for learners looking for time-bound learning. This provides unlimited access for 3 months.
- The Annual course best suits those who need relatively flexible learning time frame. This provides unlimited access for a year.
- The Lifetime course is for those who believe in continuous unlimited learning. This provides unlimited access for a lifetime.
You will be provided highly rated Course Completion Certificates for each of the above courses.
The Productivity Project Improvement course covers the topics given below:
Project Productivity Improvement courses, at the very outset, deal with Project Monitoring Office process functions that are jointly operated between Application Development and Application Maintenance processes.
- Development Process Overview: This section deals with Service delivery processes. The section introduces the learner to a high-level overview of Development Processes.
- Project Monitoring and Control: The Development process includes everything from requirements capture to implementation planning. The section caters to the needs of learning Project Monitoring and Control function which encompasses the Development process. Topics taught are cover requirements, touch points, and workflow.
- Scope Change Management: Here the students learn all about how the scope change management is carried out in the Development or AD life cycle. This part of the course comprises touch points, requirements, workflow and activities associated with this function.
- Service Request
- Estimating and Planning
- Requirements: Requirements concern the manner in which requirements capture is carried out within the Development or AD Lifecycle. This section of the course deals with points like touch points, workflow, requirements, etc.
- Design: This segment is all about the manner Design is carried out within the Development or AD life cycle. Touchpoints deal with
- Coding and Unit Testing
- Test Planning: This aspect of the course guides you in planning for the test and covers the mode of planning within the Development or AD Life-cycle.
- Test Preparation: Similar to the above aspect of the course, this section too deals with the aspect of preparation for the tests within the Development or AD Life-cycle.
- Test Execution: Most importantly, this aspect of the Project Productivity course will demonstrate very clearly how to execute the test and perform to the height of your potential. This section deals with the execution of the test within the Development or AD Lifecycle.
- Implementation Planning: Implementation Planning or the development of an implementation plan is a detailed listing of activities, costs, expected difficulties and schedules that are needed to achieve the objectives of the strategic plans.
- Implementation Execution: This refers to the aim of any business transformation project and refers to the delivery of business case on time and on budget. The execution depends on five core factors which are vision and leadership, Project Management, process improvement, supporting resources and performance management.
- Project Turnover: This section deals with improving productivity for projects with high turnover. Here the focus is on the manner in which Project Turnover to a production environment is carried out within the Development or AS life cycle.
- Project Closure: This section deals with the way in which Project closure is carried out within the Development or AD life cycle. The section again includes requirements, touch points, workflow and summarizes activities related to this function.
All the productivity project other parts of the course deal with their respective implementation within the Development or AD Lifecycle. These sections covered will cater to your requirements of points like touch points, workflow and summarise activities related to the respective section, etc.
What are the requirements/pre-requisites?
What do you require so that you can start drawing your learning curve to greater heights?
The productivity project learners need to have a rudimentary knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle). It is also beneficial if they have knowledge of Software Engineering Operations. They also need to have some idea of the working of the Windows/Linux environment. Insights into software engineering operations and knowledge of these operations aid the learner or professional into an easier understanding of the concepts of the course. Apart from this, as Windows is ubiquitous, knowledge of its environment helps the learner to delve deeper into the fineries of the course. The Software Development Life Cycle or Software Development Process is a bifurcation of software development work into stages that are distinctive and contain activities with the intent of better planning and management. Understanding of SDLC is vital to the understanding of the course.
Target Audience for this Project Productivity Training
The productivity project likeliest target audience for this training is for the students. IT Software professionals including administrators, developers, architects, implementers are in all probability the best receptors of this course because they can relate to it very professionally. Apart from these, students and professionals, anyone who is interested in operating and learning about Project Productivity Improvement processes are the likeliest to do justice to all that it has to offer and can be successful in the Project Productivity training.
Project Productivity Improvement FAQs/General Questions
- What assortment of the PPI course does eduCBA provide?
The eduCBA courses are certainly the best online course at reasonable prices or in the reasonable price range. They have a wide range of training courses which are suitable and beneficial to many learners of all professional backgrounds, knowledge bases and ages.
- What are the basic requirements to pursue this course?
The basic requirements of this course are some knowledge of software engineering operations. Apart from this, knowledge of Windows and its environment is very useful. Any student, professional and persons of any age or professional standing are suitable to take up the course. The learner needs to have a conceptual understanding of SDLC.
- Does the PPI course pose any risks related to the learner appearing for any exams?
If you are awaiting exam results you can enroll in review courses and in order to reserve your spot. It you have passed your exams then institutes like edu CBA will certainly refund the amount.
- How can I contact my instructor or ask a question?
Outside of the class, the course here has an online forum to ask questions. You can also email your instructor through our course is very exhaustive and you have almost no queries once you have completed listening to the lectures.
Project Productivity Course Testimonials
EduCBA is the best option for doing courses and as comparable to other institutes or training centres. I gained a lot of knowledge form the courses that I did. Now, I fully understand the topics. The courses are really good. The best thing about EduCBA is that there are many courses from all subject areas, like the area I chose. Thankfully, I enjoyed my course.
Along with the informative content, the support received for any doubts or misunderstandings is exceptional with eduCBA and is unlike any online training platform I’ve tried. The content is precise and to the point and has value in each and every sentence. Thank you EduCBA for making this a wonderful experience.
Career benefits of this Project Productivity Training
What benefits can it provide to your career?
This Project Productivity course is in demand because it aims at proffering IT software professionals namely Administrators, Developers, Architects and Implementers insights into PPI procedures by comprehending the Application Development (AD) life cycle functions. These learners will, in turn, learn how to implement PPI tools like Primavera in order to automate some of the functions mentioned above. Not only does the course enable the student to learn the seminal concepts, it also leads them to develop practical skills. Students’ theoretical and practical skills are enhanced. They are provided a thorough grounding. Professionals become more skillful and are able to use their skills much better in their workplace surroundings. It is also an excellent course for anyone who wants to learn it.
Just to let you know more about the skills, Primavera is an enterprise project portfolio management system or a Project Management software package that concentrates on solutions that travel beyond making possible on-time and within budget and scope projects and in order to bolster business outcomes that ensure the performance of C-level strategic merits and results. This software package was introduced in the market in the year 1983 by Primavera Systems Inc. and was acquired by Oracle Corporation in the year 2008. It comprises of Project Management, product management, collaboration, and control capabilities, and integrates with other enterprise software like Oracle and SAP’s ERP systems.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Project Productivity Improvement – A Comprehensive Guide courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|