What is data and why is it important?
A collection of facts in the form of numbers, words, measurements and observations that can be transferred into a computer is called data. So whichever industry you are a part of from aeronautical to engineering, data plays a very important role in shaping the current and future prospects of your industry. In fact, data is changing the face of the world and is today instrumental in changing the face of many industries, while at the same time helping them deal with a lot of challenges and problems. From helping to find a cure of disease to boosting the revenue of a company to building a more efficient or be responsible about how ads are to be targeted for a particular audience. Simply defined as information, data is the future of many companies and organisations across the world. However, when it comes to computing and business, data especially Big Data is what is information that is related to machines as opposed to information read by human beings.
So what is the difference between data that is human centric and machine centric?
Human readable, also known as unstructured data is generally information that can be interpreted only by human beings such as an image or meaning of a block of text. If a person is required to interpret information, then it is called human readable information. On the other hand, machine readable information or structured data is something that a computer program can process in an effective manner. A program is a set of instructions that is needed for manipulating data and that requires software of a high degree. In order for a program to perform according to instructions on data, then that data must have some uniform structure as well. For instance, a US naval officer Matthew Maury has turned many years old hand written logs for shipping into a large collection of coordinate routes that in turn can be read by machines.
It has therefore been established that data is really one of the most important aspect of helping brands to evolve and grow in a strategic manner. Here are some forms of data that are really important including:
- Personal Data: Anything specific to any particular person is called personal data. Some things that personal data covers include details about demographics like location, email address, gender and age. It is usually highlighted when personal data gets leaked in scandals like that which happened to Ashley Madison and Uber. Many organisations, especially social media platforms use a lot of personal information, especially when you enter your email address or credit card details when you use it purchase anything online or offline. This data is used to provide personalised suggestions to keep users engaged on platforms like Facebook and Instagram. This will in turn help content to be personalised in a manner that makes the entire experience personal and according to the needs of the user. Additionally personal data is aggregated in such manner that it is used for advertising purpose. That is how ads are targeted in a manner that are personalised in a manner that makes the overall user experience intimate and personal.
- Transactional data: Anything that requires an action to collect is termed as transactional data. This is collected when a person generally clicks on an ad, makes a purchase or visits a certain web pages, among other things. Almost all websites collects transactional data of some kind of the other through applications like Google Analytics or third party system or their own internal data capture system. Transactional data is very important because it allows them to expose variability and optimise their operations in an effective fashion. By examining large quantities of data, it is possible to uncover hidden patterns and correlations. These patterns can help brands to create competitive advantages and result in better benefits like increased revenue and effective marketing campaigns.
- Web data: A collective term that is used to refer to any type of data that can be collected on the internet is called web data. This data can range from what your competitor is selling to data published by government sources to football or cricket scores. It is in fact a lot of information that is available to the general public and can be accessed by anyone. Web data is important because it is a major manner in which brands can access the information that is not generated by them. By creating business models and making important business initiative decisions, brands need this information in order to understand how they are being perceived in the larger market. Also, web data is extremely important as it is needed to monitor competitors, track potential customers and also keep track of channel partners, generate leads, build apps and many more things. Its uses are still on the way of being discussed as there are a lot of technology that is coming into play to help the conversion of unstructured data into structured data.
- Sensor data: This type of data is created by objects that are referred to as the internet of Things. From smartwatch which measures heart rate to measuring of weather, this covers everything that is included in this category. So far, sensor data is used to optimise processes in a successful manner. For instance Air Asia saved a considerable amount of their revenue while employing advanced technology. By understanding the society and technology trends in the market, brands can optimise their productivity and create better and smarter products in the process as well.
All this data is needed to make sense of, especially as this data is needed for the functioning of economies and brands, both on a national and global level. This is why programming language becomes extremely important from this point of view as it helps programmers to create effective channels of communication between the machines that they control.
What are some of the purpose of programming languages?
Programming languages has a number of varied purposes, some of which are as follows:
- It instructs the computer what it is supposed to do in a human readable format. This in turn allows programs to be broken down into chunks that in turn can be developed by a group of developers
- It provides portability and the low level instruction of one computer which can sometimes be different for different companies
- It allows programmers to structure their instruction into procedures and functions
A computer programmer therefore has a full understanding of the nature in which computer systems functions and can help brand mangers to set realistic expectations while at the same time address the limitations of these systems to create solutions that can be implemented with minimum effort and resources. Data needs to be processed and interpreted and that is why there is a growing need for people who can help brands to understand their machines in a better and more intricate manner. All this means a programmer must be a effective communicator who needs to have a solid foundation in computer science, statistics and analytics. What sets a programmer aside from traditional job titles is that a programmer helps a business to understand their process and communicate with various parts of the organisations in an effective fashion as well,
- About PLSQL Enviornment and Benefits: Here you will learn about the PLSQL Enviornment in a better manner and the benefits in an enhanced fashion
- Naming Rules, Scalar Data types: Here you will learn about naming rules, scalar data types in a much better sense
- Percentage type Attributes, Composit Data Types: This section will help you understand how to read percentage type attributes and composit data types
- Nested Blocks, Identifiers, Programming Guidelines: In this section, you will learn the importance of nested blocks, identifiers and programming guidelines
- Package, Developing Package, Public ConstructsL: Here you will learn about the package, Developing Package, Public ConstructsL for better understanding of the industry
- Implementing Triggers: This section will help you understand implementing triggers
- Managing Dependencies: Here you will learn about managing dependencies in a real manner
What are the requirements/pre-requisites to learn Advanced Oracle PL/SQL ?
A basic training in Advanced Oracle PL/SQL is a really good idea because it will help you learn the fundamentals of R that are necessary for data analysis and interpretation. Here are some skills that individuals will need to possess before they enrol for this course:
- If you are interested in learning more about this course, it is essential that you have a good understanding about how a computer system functions
- If you want to learn more about advanced Oracle PL/SQL, then you must have a good understanding about SQL fundamentals
- You must possess a computer system that has an active internet connection
- Some previous experience in the field of programming will definitely stand you in good stead
Who should undertake this training?
The ideal target audience for this course would include people who are trying to gain a more in-depth knowledge about programming. These include application developers, database administrators, developer, forms developer, PL/SQL developer, portal developer, system analysts and technical consultants. While these are the target audience for this course, there are many programmers who will benefit from this course.
General Questions that come to mind while taking that training
Is it difficult to become trained in the field of Oracle PL/SQL?
Definitely not. Especially if you have experience in the field of programming, this course will only help to enhance your knowledge and skill set. Many people who want to gain more knowledge about this field can be a good asset to the industry in the coming days. With an emphasis on coding and overall learning about the field, this is a course that many developers and programmers will be keen to join.
Where can one apply to learn about Oracle PL/SQL?
There are many institutes and organisations that offer this kind of training for individuals who are interested. In fact, learning about Oracle PL/SQL is one of the best ways in which programmers can become better at their job without sacrificing their career. At EDUCBA, we bring together the best resources and techniques to help programmers understand the benefits and challenges of this Oracle system in a systematic and simple manner. After this course, our students will become a great asset to their companies as they can help overcome internal communication barriers on one hand and address pressing challenges on the other hand.
The Advanced Oracle PL/SQL is a very enriching and systematic course that will go a long way in helping me gain a better perspective about the programming industry. These have helped me to understand the process that goes behind developing new computer programming methods. The emphasis to think rationally and bring into play better solutions was really helpful as this is what would guide the industry in the coming days.
Hi, my names is Neha Vikram. I enrolled for this course to enhance my career in a better way and it was a great opportunity for me to learn about the industry in an effective fashion. I fully recommend this course for programmers who are looking to widen their skill and experiences and at the same time grow their career in an effective fashion.
Career Benefits of this training
Everyone knows that computer technology is evolving rapidly and has the power to change the face of almost every sector and industry on the face of the earth. This means that technologies like voice recognition, artificial intelligence and other sophisticated technologies will definitely change the manner in which many brands and organisations function in the coming day. And this is where computer programmers will have an integral role to play in this endeavour as well. For instance, the trend towards automating internet searches and purchases in a localised manner is going to impact every industry in the coming days. So while the hardware sector will play a big role in this, programmers will have an essential role in setting realistic expectations and maximise the reach and success as well.
Understanding the world of programming is therefore highly critical for all brands and organisations that want to benefit from this and that is why computer programmers are an essential element in the growth story of all brands.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Oracle – Oracle PL/SQL Comprehensive Training courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|