Online Time Management for Project Managers Training
- Time is a horrible resource to waste. This is the most very important resource in a project.
- Every delivery that you are assumed to make is time-bound. Therefore, without suitable time management, a project can head towards a trouble.
- Scheduling is the simplest way of handling project time. In addition to the calculate and resource allocation, cost always plays a important role in time management. This is due to the case that schedule over-runs are quite costly.
- Effective project management requires enough time for planning and based on the results of planning, enough time for execution of those plans. In this course, we’ll discuss about project activity decomposition and then how the work packages are sequenced, calculated, and accounted for.
- We’ll also discuss on art and science of estimating the time for work packages in new and common projects. Once the work’s been decomposed, we’ll create and visualize the network diagram. Time management is a crucial element on the PMP exam. You’ll need a strong understanding of the activities and methods to anticipate and account for project time. Time management is important to not only passing the PMP exam, but also to successful project management.
- To effectively complete and manage a project, a project manager must be able to appropriately manage time. Within a project there can be many aspects that affect the project duration: activity duration, project calendars, resource calendars, vendors, activity sequencing, and more. Time management begins with the constraints of the project calendar, the product schedule, the resource calendars, as well as the activities and their expected period.
The Steps of the Effective online Time Management for Project Managers
Following are the main steps in the project time management process. Each addresses a different area of time management in a project.
1. Defining Activities:
When it comes to a project, there are some levels for doing different activities. First of all, the high-level needs are broken down into high-level tasks or deliverables.
Then, based on the task granularity, the high-level tasks/deliverables are divided into activities and presented in the form of WBS (Work Breakdown Structure).
2. Sequencing Activities
In order to manage the project time, it is detracting to recognize the activity sequence. The activities recognized in the prior step should be sequenced based on the execution order.
When sequencing, the activity dependency should be considered.
3. Resource Evaluation for Activities
The estimation of amount and the types of resources required for activities is done in this step. Depending on the number of resources assign for an activity, its duration varies.
Therefore, the project management team should have a fair understanding of the resources allocation in order to correctly manage the project time.
4. Time duration and work Estimation:
This is one of the vital step in the project planning process. Since estimates are all about the time (duration), this step should be achieved with a higher accuracy.
For this step, there are many estimation methods in place, so your project should select an proper one.
Most of the companies follow either Function Points based estimating or WBS based estimates in this step.
Once the activity estimates are achieved, critical path of the project should be identified in order to determine the total project time period. This is one of the effective inputs for the project time management.
5. Development of the Schedule
In order to make an accurate schedule, a few parameters from the previous steps are required.
Activity sequences, duration of each activity and the resource requirements/allocation for every activity are the most important factors.
In case if you perform this step manually, you may finish wasting a lot of vital project planning time. There are many software packages, like Microsoft Project, that will help you to develop trustworthy and accurate project schedule.
As part of the schedule, you will illustrate a Gantt chart to visually monitor the activities and the milestones.
6. Schedule Control
No project in the actual world can be completed without changes to the original schedule. Therefore, it is vital for you to update your project schedule with ongoing changes.
Time management is an important responsibility of a project manager. The project manager should make ready with supply a strong skill and sense for time management. There are a number of time management methods that have been added into the management theories and best practices. As an example, Scrum/Agile project management style has its own methods for time management. In addition, if you are keen on learning time management into greater depths, you can always get into a training course of one of the reputed and respected time management trainers.
Why you should do Project Time management Training?
- Time management is process of preparation and exercising conscious control over the amount of time spent on specific activities, especially to increase effectiveness, efficiency or productivity. So, effective management is the key to success of any project. Project management is needed for professionals in many fields, with many employers now identifying project management skills as crucial for corporate success.
- The main function of project management is to make secure that all the activities in a project are scheduled and achieved efficiently, within the predetermined time and budget parameters.
- Time estimates drive the setting of deadlines for delivery and planning of projects, and hence will impact on other people’s assessment of your reliability and competence as a project manager.
- Time estimates often determine the costing of contracts and hence the profitability of the contract/project in commercial terms.
At the end of the training course, student would gain the following skills:
- Knowledge on Software Engineering Concepts
- Ability to understand Project Management Frameworks
- Ability to understand feasibility study and requirements management
- Create Project Plans and Monitor Projects
- Metrics Analysis
- Conduct Risk Identification and Management
- Examine time management processes so your projects deliver on time and perform as expected. Analyze estimation, activity breakdown, sequencing and scheduling. Grasp a better knowledge of network diagrams and critical paths, and learn how they can help you manage time better. Learn to develop realistic project schedules and how to effortlessly complete projects within a projected time frame.
Target Audience for Project Time management Training
- Project Management Professionals
- Students aspiring to be project management professionals
- Anyone preparing for PMP
- Anyone interested in Project Management
- Business owners
- Project manager
Pre-requisites for Project Time management Training
- Basic knowledge on Project Management will help you.
- A computer with internet
- No prior knowledge is required but if you have some then well and good.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Project Time Management Courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|