Prestashop – Create and Manage an E-Commerce Store Training
- PrestaShop is a free, an open source e-commerce solution. It supports payment gateways like DirecPay, Google Checkout, Authorize.Net, Skrill, PayPal, PayPal Payments Pro (Direct) and EBANX Checkout via their respective APIs. Other payment modules are provided commercially.
- PrestaShop is free under the Open Software License and officially launched in August 2007.
- The software, that is written in PHP and based on the Smarty template engine, is currently used by 165,000 shops worldwide. MySQL is known as a default database engine.
- The PrestaShop is winner of the 2010 and 2011 Best Open-source Business Application awards. The PrestaShop group was formed in Paris, with a second Headquarters opened in Miami in 2011.
- PrestaShop is translated in 63 languages, with only English, French, Portuguese, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish and Russian having full support in all release versions.
- Technical support is given via Paid support plans or free support on the official forum from PrestaShop growing Community consisting of more than 600,000 active members.
- PrestaShop operates an associated website called PrestaBox, which integrates the software into a simple one-stop hosting operation.
Why Prestashop – Create and Manage an E-Commerce Store Training?
- Free and an open source : If your budget is strong it will save your money which can be used for advertizing (Google AdWords, banners…)
- Software size : 2.2 MB that is1292 files
- SEO friendly : SEO friendly, is the first thing you should check. It is critical for the web store to be SEO friendly. It is simple to change URLs, Title tags in Prestashop so your SEO experts will be happy with this platform.
- Animated add to cart : Prestashop has in-built animated add to cart factor.
- Multilingual : In most cases you’ll need to translate your web store in one or few languages. Prestashop supports all main languages.
- Prestashop is easy to develop : It’s important to know that there will be developers who can help you for a reasonable price and within reasonable period of time. For e.g. Magento developers are actually expensive because Magento is not easy to maintain (develop) – it’s quite complicated system.
- So fast and it does not require expensive servers to run : We tried Magento but it required too much server resources and configuration so we went back to Prestashop.
- Many free modules : You can start your shop in some minutes if you are in a rush and of course you save money.
- It has modules and themes shop : You can buy required module and improve your shop in minutes. Prestashop validates those modules and ensures quality so you are not taking any risks. Beyond unique solutions costs much more. Developers can sell modules many times so they charge less and they are wiling to fix their bugs because they get money for their products.
- It’s easy to learn : You do not have to be an e-commerce expert to master Prestashop.
- It has a big community : Check the Prestashop forum and you’ll find answers to most of your questions.
- It is rapidly improving : Sometimes it’s annoying because you have to update your Prestashop constantly. But each new release gets better and better. E-commerce is changing rapidly so does and Prestashop.
Course Goals and Objectives:
- The primary goal is to prepare students for a successful professional career in e-commerce solution.
- This course contains over 87 lectures and 12 hours of content.
- Managing the implementation of PrestaShop E-Commerce software
- Knowing PrestaShop key features and modules
- Developing skills for a good use of PrestaShop back office
- Customizing PrestaShop Template
- Improving your software knowledge and associated tools in order to effectively integrate the graphics
- Mastering the core and PrestaShop modules
- Optimal understanding on the architecture of PrestaShop and be autonomous of carrying out specific features
- Acquire the skills to edit the heart of the PrestaShop solution and develop new modules
- Who works in other technology but interested to learn e-commerce that is prestashop, for them online learning platform is best because it saves time and other efforts.
- After completion the course, a participant can fluently work on it. In simple words the main objective is to make you awesome to create and manage e-commerce store.
Target Audience for Prestashop – Create and Manage an E-Commerce Store Training:
- Web agencies
- Beginners who want to learn more about the ecommerce that means who are interested to learn PrestaShop.
- Students who want to learn from scratch
- All Professionals
- You are currently managing a PrestaShop store or you are planning to. You want to become independent in the use of the solution.
- Any experienced developer/programmer who has worked on this.
- This online training program has been created for the beginners to help them to understand the basic to advanced concepts of PrestaShop.
- This online tutorial will bring you at intermediate level of expertise from where you can catch yourself at higher level of expertise.
Pre-requisites for Prestashop – Create and Manage an E-Commerce Store Training:
- Previous experience is not required
- Knowledge of Computer
- Knowledge of Internet
- Basic knowledge of e-commerce
- It will be great if you have good understanding on all concepts of e-commerce(for eg, items, taxes, carriers etc)
- No any technical skill is required.
- Such basic knowledge will help you to understand the networking concepts quickly and you can move fast on learning track.
PrestaShop E-Commerce System’s Advantages:
There are so many features of PrestaShop. Features are improving and increasing with each new version, some key features are as follows:
Unlimited categories, products and attributes
Multiple images with lightbox
Cross-selling or Related products
Customer product reviews
Customer store design with PrestShop Themes
Multiple ‘employees’ with customized permission
Friendly’ URL structure
Performance setting for maximum speed
Meta tag support on everything
One page or multi-page checkout
Gift messages or wrapping
Shipping fees by weight or price
Unlimited carriers and destinations to fine-tune your shipping options
Integrates with any payment provider through modules (many included)
Tax by country, states and countries
Payment gateway filtered by currency
Automated follow-up emails
Coupons and Vouchers
Customer groups with custom pricing, shipping settings etc
Guest account to full account conversion
Allow customer to choose language
Unlimited currencies with exchange rate sync
Geolocation- settings based on your customer’s location
Address format for customer’s country
Analytics or Reporting
The Track visitors
The Track orders and sales
See the best sellers, most viewed products etc