About Features iOS 9
iOS 9 is the latest in the installment of updates that Apple regularly releases for its mobile devices. It is a package full of great additions to the iOS ecosystem which will make your interaction with phones and tablets much smoother and efficient. Major improvements have been made under the hood and invisible areas like multitasking and Siri. Smart enhancements all over the operating system will make sure that your device will deliver outstanding performance along with an increased battery life and at no point will it compromise security.
Changes in Apps
There have been a ton of changes in the notes app. Images can be added as notes, while map locations and links to websites are more visual and pop out. Sketching is also added as a means to take notes and a various variety of tools are at your disposal. Advanced formatting includes checked, bulleted, dashed and numbered lists.
Notes are also synced to your iCloud. That means you can access your notes made on your Mac with your iPhone. Secure notes also allow users to protect their notes with either a passcode or Touch ID.
Support for transit directions has been introduced in iOS 9. Transit View allows you to see public transport information with routes and directions which is purely customized for each city. The app also recommends restaurants and other interesting locations depending on the time or the user’s interests.
Apple has introduced iCloud Drive on iOS 9, which allows for the users to securely store all kinds of documents, spreadsheets, and presentations along with images. These documents will then be made available on your Mac, iPad etc. and will be kept up to date across all devices.
Mail now allows you to add drawings, comment or a signature to attached photos and documents. Better integration with iCloud permits the user to easily attach files stored there. The search feature has also been improved by adding criteria to narrow down the list of searched emails.
The iPad has always been the ideal device for mixing work and pleasure. Its form factor lets the user create documents and check emails and while still being a great means to watch movies and play games on. In iOS 9, Apple has made some great changes to maximize the user’s productivity.
Slide Over mode allows for a second app to be launched without leaving the open app. This makes situations like answering texts while browsing the web a breeze.
Split View mode lets the user open two apps simultaneously dividing the screen vertically across the center. Useful for referring to a webpage while writing a document.
Picture in Picture mode is a way to watch videos or use FaceTime while using another app. This mode lets the user scale down the video or the FaceTime conversation they are having to corner of the screen and move it around as they please.
Siri is much faster and accurate in this iteration of the iOS. It can give you reminders in context with apps and has improved search results, which even search within apps.
The Metal API being introduced makes more efficient use of the devices CPU and GPU.
iOS 9 promises to make the device’s battery last longer. Apple reports over 1 hour of improved battery time.
Security has been heightened in iOS 9. Strengthened password protects the user’s personal information like documents, images, emails and so forth.
iOS 9 has a host of added features, which has resulted in its increasing popularity. Developers who wish to specialize in iOS 9 app development can greatly benefit from this course. Hobbyists and enthusiasts also have a lot to learn from it.
Take up this course to understand the new features of iOS9 and get an in-depth insight into the fundamentals of iOS9.
Let us have a look at our iOS 9 New Features Course curriculum. Our course is broadly divided into five sections:-
Section 1: Table of Contents
This section simply tells you all that has been included in this course. Scroll through the table of contents and study the section or sub-section that is relevant to you. However, going through all sections chronologically would help you get a complete know-how of iOS 9 features.
Section 2: What’s new in iOS 9
There is a lot that has been included in iOS 9 as compared to its predecessor iOS 8. This section familiarizes you with all the new and added features iOS 9.
This section is further divided into six sub-sections.
- Introduction to iOS 9: This part begins with giving you a basic introduction to iOS 9. To those who are new to this OS, it is important to learn about its interface and basic features.
- iOS 9 new features: This portion briefs you about the new features added in iOS 9. Learn all about these features, their usage and how to optimally and productively use them to your advantage.
- Gaming Feature in iOS 9: Gaming is an important part of using mobile phone and devices. Gaming features and quality dominate a consumer’s decision regarding buying a new mobile device. Learn about the latest gaming features iOS 9 such as 3D touch, multitasking and new search through this course. These features along with gaming APIs help to increase the functionality of apps, enhance search capacity and provide support for CloudKit, HomeKit, HealthKit, and MapKit.
- App Thinning & App Transport Security: app thinning, basically mans app optimization. It is greatly useful in developing apps that will feature utilize most of the features on your device while taking up minimum possible disk space, and also adapt to future updates. App Transport Security or ATS helps to avoid sudden revelation of important app information. It also provides a safe default environment and can be easily adopted.
- Watch Connectivity & Swift Enhancements; This section shows you various examples of Connectivity & Swift Enhancements.
Section 3: Multitasking in iOS 9
- Practical Session of Multitasking
- Continuation of Practical Session of Multitasking
Section 3 entirely deals with Multitasking feature of iOS 9. It includes practical interactive sessions that help you get familiar with this useful feature.
Section 4: App search in iOS 9
- Introduction to App Search: App search lets you get hold of information inside apps, even before they are installed. Use Spotlight and Safari search, Handoff, Reminders and Siri Suggestions to let users access matter inside of an app thus improving the user experience.
- Practical Session of App Search: Learn practical application of what you learned in the above sub-section.
- NSUserActivity in App Search: By using NSUserActivity an app picks up certain app conditions and navigation elements, used formerly and keeps them for using Handoff later.
- Continue User Activity in App Search: Handoff is useful for continuing use of a running activity flawlessly on another device when you switch devices, without the need to reconfigure individual devices.
- CS Searchable Index: This lets you extract useful information from installed apps. It works by allowing Google to sneak into your app and let other users seeking specific information, view content matching their search.
Section 5: 3D Feature in iOS 9
You are all aware of the unique 3D touch feature of iPhone 6s that senses the amount of pressure applied and reacts proportionately. This section introduces you to the theory part of this feature that helps you use it during creating or developing games. Learn about the new 3D Touch gestures such as Peek and Pop that lend a new element to the whole experience of using the iPhone.
Thus, New Features iOS 9 Course will apprise you with the basics of the latest Apple OS and help you smoothly work on t as well enable you to develop apps and games.
Pre-requisites to Games in IOS 8 Training
You do not need to be an IT expert to do this course. No amount of technical knowledge is required for learners. This course caters to regular iPhone users who would like to upgrade to the latest iOS 9.
- Computer with Internet connectivity: This online course can be completed without the need to step out while sitting in the comfort of your home. All you need is a computer having an internet connection.
- Passion to learn: If you are willing to learn about new features iOS 9, this course is for you.
Target Audience for this training
- Students: If you are a student and wish to pursue mobile app development n future, in-depth knowledge of features iOS 9 would help a great deal.
- Professionals: It is mandatory for a professional app and game developers to be updated with the latest advancements in technology and be aware of all the latest features iOS 9. This knowledge impacts new app and game designs.
- New iPhone users: If you have recently switched to iPhone or iPad, this course will help you to get familiar with all the unique features of Apple devices.
- Can anyone learn about New Features in IOS 9?
Sure! Anyone who is interested in learning about the new features iOS 9, would find this course useful. It is simple and comprehensive and covers all aspects of iOS9. Whether you are a student, a professional app developer or someone who is not very fluent in gadget usage; this online course is for you!
- What are the new features of iOS9?
iOS 9 has introduced a host of new features iOS 9 such as gaming features, app search, 3D touch and improved multi-tasking features and Siri.
- How is iOS9 different from iOS8?
iOS 9 has made a lot of changes in its existing features like Mail, icloud, apps and notes. It also introduces a lot of new features iOS 9. Various multitasking features improve your productivity. You can sync your notes to icloud and access them on other devices too. The new transport view in maps ensures that you are always connected. Besides these, there is improved security and long-lasting battery in iOS9.
Not only did this course teach me correct usage of all features iOS 9 but also exposed me to the theoretical and practical aspects of these features. Most significantly, the course has taught me the skills that will help me to develop my own apps and games independently.
The course has a great balance of theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience. It has been systematically planned, keeping in view all the needs of users and developers of iOS 9. Highly recommended for novices and professionals alike!
“I chose to register for the ‘New Features iOS9 course’ after thorough research and studying the feedback of other such courses. I am glad, I made the right decision, as after completing the course, I found that all aspects of the new features iOS 9 had been duly covered in the course.
“I thoroughly had fun during the course. The practical examples were excellent. If you need to learn or update your knowledge about New Features iOS 9, this is an excellent course for you.”
The iOS 9 is the next generation operating system, so all apple users are sure to switch to this latest OS. While upgrading to iOS 9, you are sure o face some teething problems, which can be sorted with the help of New features iOS 9 course.
It is a very effective course for all game and app developers, who wish to develop content on iOS 9. Apple products are most sought after and hence it would be a wise career move, to develop on iOS 9.
Just as Apple is taking the market by storm with every new product or software update that it releases, as an Apple developer, your future is also very bright.
Thus, always keep yourself updated with the latest and sky is the limit for you.