About Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac
We all are very well aware of the Microsoft Office application of Windows. We almost grew up learning how and where to use it. The many sub-applications of Microsoft office with which we are familiar are Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. No need to say, that these applications have come in very handy and useful in our times of need.
The only problem that arises is that we will not always be working with our friendly operating system, The Windows OS. Students might face the Linux distribution Operating Systems in their college or working professionals in Apple Inc. must work on Mac OS. So obviously, the knowledge of MS Office is not so useful in such scenarios.
Educba has come up with an Online Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac users Training course, which is an online course to help Mac users (beginners or intermediate) to help them learn everything there is to learn about the Mac word 2011. Mac Word 2011 is an application just like MS Word which is used for creating word documents. Mac word 2011 or Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac is just like Microsoft Word 2010 for Windows. There is a new feature called Ribbon which is also included in the course, added to the new Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac. A ribbon is a graphical control element in the form of a set of toolbars placed on several tabs (see Getting started with Mac word 2011 for details).
This course is designed for anyone and everyone who want to learn how to use Mac word 2011. This course is built from scratch for beginners and consists of concepts that build their way towards advanced features and functionalities of Mac Word 2011. The videos and other course materials will help you learn about Getting Started with Mac Word 2011, Understanding the Basics of Text, formatting, Paragraphs, Functioning of Tab Tables, Styles & Themes, Various Text Formatting Techniques, Formatting of Document, Working with Tables, Multimedia Elements, Automatic Text Feature, Writing Tools, Learning about Printing Documents & Using Macros.
There are many new things to learn in this course like using different styles and size of borders and also shading the whole page with various colours, textures of picture fill also learn all about adding pictures and text boxes in a word document and formatting it, putting a frame to the picture, text wrapping, using different styles of formatting tools etc. There is a new and advanced Mac Word in the market and this course is designed such that by the end of it you will have learned some advanced features of Mac word 2011.
Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac Course Description
- Introduction- This is an introductory section where you understand the basics of Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac.
- Getting started with Mac word 2011- this is the section where the basic understanding of all the important features of Mac word 2011 will be covered like- Menu’s, toolbars, shortcuts, ribbon, toll box, media browsers, sidebars, document views, navigation pane, document gallery and also learn how to create and save a document.
- Understanding the basics of Text- Once you learn how to create a document, this section will help you learn how to insert and delete text from the document, learn basic command like cut copy and paste, undo and redo actions and also how to insert symbols in the document, and the basic operations of finding and replacing objects along with usage of a scrapbook.
- Understanding the basics of formatting- formatting allows the user to style is documented using different font styles and font sizes. This section deals with the understanding and applications of formatting and the use of font dialog and finds and replace formatting.
- Formatting Paragraphs- In this section, you will understand the basics of paragraph formatting and the use of justification and line spacing, list formats, indentation.
- Along with this you will also learn how to insert tables, use borders and shading, work with various styles and themes, text formatting techniques, multimedia elements, and learn about privacy and security settings, printing documents, using macros, create Letters, envelopes, and labels, etc.
What are the requirements/pre-requisites?
- Passion to learn about Word
The knowledge of creating word documents can be very beneficial for people belonging to any age group as word documents can be used to write letters, resumes, projects and other important documents. Anyone and everyone must learn how to create a professional-looking word document.
Students can make use of Word to create their projects, resumes, write articles whereas working individuals can find the use of word documents on a daily basis in their office or school/college to create all sorts of important documents. For all the Mac users, Microsoft Word 2011 can prove to be very beneficial.
- A computer with internet to view training material
Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac users training program is an online program with videos and other curriculum essentials and to access these course materials, the participants need a computer (preferably an apple computer) with a good internet connection. We are learning about creating a word document on a computer and therefore, a computer is a must.
- Any beginner can take this course as this course starts from Scratch for each module
The Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac users is training program built from scratch and therefore, any individual who has no prior knowledge of using Mac word 2011 can join the course as there are no pre-requisites as such. Any beginner, intermediate or advanced candidate can join the course.
Target Audience for this Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac Training
- Students, MBA’s, BBA’s, Gradates & Postgraduates.
- Working Professionals from any business domain.
- Entrepreneurs, Prospective Finance Analyst, Market Analyst, Research Analyst, Investment Banker
- Anyone interested in more powerful features and functions of Word in Mac 2011
Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac FAQs – General Questions
- I am very new to Mac. Will it be difficult to learn to create documents in Mac OS?
Absolutely not. You can create a document in Mac just as easily as in MSWord after this training program. The training process hardly involves dealing with Mac OS because we will only be using Mac Word 2011 application. It is fast, accurate, easy to use and modular. This should not worry you. Our course on Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac users training is built from scratch and beginners should not face any problems. By the end of the course, you will be confident to create documents using Mac word 2011 yourself.
- Where can the concepts I learned in this training be applied?
Whether you are a student or a working professional, there are many areas where the knowledge of Microsoft Word can be useful. As mentioned, creating resumes, projects, business cards, brochures and writing letters and applications are just a few of the areas where you can make use of Microsoft Word. For Mac users, Mac Word 2011 is a very handy tool.
Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac Course Testimonials
Julie Ann E. Roque
The Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac users training of educba was really helpful for me and now I am ready to continue for more courses. I took the training on Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac which was very helpful, because of live training. My background include master degree in technology and business administration. Practical learning was superb and it helped me in my work place too.
I liked the courses of this site, it can be used by many & can take the advantage of these courses. I took course training on Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac which was very well explained. The training was very brief yet very perspicuous. I learn the basic and advance topics of Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac and discover other useful functions. The examples given in every topic was very useful and easy to understand.
Out of curiosity i took this Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac training course from educba, and was surprised by the quality. It was easy to understand, and the explanations were simple and very accurate. I definitely came away from this course knowledge which I did not posses beforehand. I recommend this course all the people because the knowledge of Microsoft Word can be beneficial in any field.
Career Benefits of this Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac Training
Microsoft Office is now becoming one of the most important computer applications not only in the field of education but also, in offices and businesses. Microsoft Word is the most popular word processing program in the world so the documents you create in Microsoft Word are accepted universally and also, by other operating systems.
Also, Mac word 2011 allows you to create documents of different formats according to their needs and importance. Whether it is simple documents for business correspondence, it helps you greatly to create and design business cards, brochures, new letters and many more items that are needed. Also, the use of fonts, shapes, clip art or smart art, charts are of great value and importance.
The spell checking feature is also very helpful as you can avoid formidable errors. The Navigation Pane gives you the visual representation of all the functions that are provided by Mac Word 2011. These make your work easy and manageable. Having the knowledge of Microsoft Word is crucial in many industries and businesses and also, in schools and colleges. The Mac Word 2011 program is a blessing for Mac users and can be used anywhere.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac – From Beginner to Expert courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|