Magazine Designing Using Photoshop and Corel Draw:
This course is intended for the students who don’t have any entry level knowledge in the field of the art, yet trying to be a wonderful graphic designer. The lectures are equipped with the powerful practical material through which you will learn how to create fantastic magazines using photoshop, corel draw or any software of the Graphic Designing category.
The module shall include the following design demonstrations:
- Designing the cover
- Inside design : Design the magazine grid, Designing the Contents Page based on grid, Designing a double spread based on grid.
How we will create the designs:
1. Designing a magazine cover.
2. First selecting a magazine theme. Selecting a size as per paper size calculations and proceeding to set our file size.
3. Browsing and brainstorming a little for existing magazine cover designs.
4. Explaining the essentials to be taken care of while designing cover.
5. Based on selected theme taking up a magazine name and doing the logo typography on the cover in photoshop/corel
6. Selecting the image or creating image based on theme.
7. Putting the main topics on the cover of the magazine.
8. Detailing wrt issue date, price and other details on magazine cover.
9. Cover design is ready.
10. Now moving to the inner pages of the magazine design.
11. Creating our magazine grid.
12. Browse a little through the net to see some existing grid for ideas to students.
13. Creating the grid based on our needs.
14. Now creating the index/contents page based on the grid
15. Finally creating one inside double spread basis the same grid.
16. Doing the back cover.
- Graphic designers
- Magazine designers
The magazine designing is a practical course that employs the theoretical part of the design aspect more than a software tool. The hardware requirement of this course is very basic that you can use any generation of a computer or any variant of the software product to achieve a result as such. However to use the latest versions of Photoshop as CS6 or CC.