eduCBA brings you the course on Investment Research. This course is for everyone who wants to know and learn about how investments are to be analyzed.
Course Highlights Investment Research:
- Gaining MS Excel Efficiency – This equity research excel training typically includes the introduction Excel functions as used by Analyst. An Equity Analyst spends around 10-12 hours a day working on excel doing financial modeling, valuations and financial statement analysis. Additionally, this module covers Graphs & Charts as used by Research Analysts.
- Mastering Analyst Accounting – This includes the understanding of Financial Statement Analysis. The typical approach to financial analysis includes professional measures like Vertical Analysis, Horizontal Analysis, Ratio Analysis. However, before the calculation starts, the key challenge is to get the right data from various sources. For example for sourcing financial numbers, we may source it from Annual Reports, SEC websites etc. Additionally, the ratio analysis done on wrong set of numbers will lead to results which will mislead the analysis. Hence, as an analyst the primary challenge is to fetch the right data. Our main focus in Analyst specific Accounting is “Identify the Shenanigans”.
- Economics – This module is very important from the perspective of understanding the external environment that affects the company analysis. For example exchange rates, commodity prices, GDP growth rates, interest rates, IIP Numbers, Non-farm Payroll data etc.
- Corporate Finance – In this module you will learn important concepts of Corporate Finance like Time Value of Money, Payback, Internal Rate of Return, Modified Internal Rate of Return, Net Present Value and Cash Flows. These topics are important from the point of view of Equity Research Training.
- Valuations – Equity Valuation is the process of estimating the potential market value of a financial asset or liability. Valuations are required in many contexts including investment analysis, capital budgeting, merger and acquisition transactions, financial reporting, taxable events to determine the proper tax liability, and in litigation. We will do valuations using two methods (a) Intrinsic Valuation Method (DCF) which means primarily determines the value by estimating the expected future earnings from owning the asset discounted to their present value (b) Relative value models determine the value based on the market prices of similar assets.
- Financial Modeling for Equity Research – Financial Modeling includes professionally forecasting future financial statements like Income Statements, Balance Sheets & Cash Flows. Firstly we apply financial modeling forecasting techniques on a hypothetically built-up case. Thereafter we will apply the same methodology on a live company for analysis.
- Equity Research Modeling different Sectors – We may look at the application of Equity Research in various sectors beyond the case study. Here we have taken two live examples –
- Merger and Acquisitions Modeling– here ew understand how a merger model is prepared right from scratch to determine if the merger is feasible
- IPO modeling– In this section you would understand how the band price is decided in a IPO offer
- Fund raising options– In this section we look at the various options to raise funds
- Pitch book preparation– Here we look at the preaparation of pitch books with the help of case studies
- Report wring techniqueits– We understand how an report is prepared with its dos’ and donts
- Private equity modeling– we understand the procedure to pepare a private equity model right from scratch
- Credit research modeling– Here we understand how to analyze the credit standing of the company
- Technical analysis modeling– Here we are understanding various technical analysis indicators
The idea here is to apply all the learning and come up with a recommendation as BUY/SELL in these LIVE companies
What will i get from this Investment Research Course?
- HD Video Equity Research tutorials and animated presentation
- Online Mock Tests, Practice Tests, Quizzes and Games
- Step by step guides to Equity Research, Equity Research presentations,
- Training Material prepared by Equity Research Analysts and Equity Brokers
- Formula Cheat-Sheets
- Instant feedback on the performance through online Equity Research quizzes
Target Audience Investment Research Course:
- Any student with a graduation degree (Engineers, Science graduates, commerce students, Arts students)
- CFA and FRM Candidates
- Masters in Finance, MBA in Finance
- Charted Accountants
- Employees in equity research broking firm – sales, research etc;
- Employees in consulting firms
Pre-requisites Investment Research:
- Passion to learn
- Computer with Internet connection