About Export Import Management
Export means supplying goods or products outside the country to other countries and import deals with the purchase of or bringing in goods and products from other countries to one own country. With rapid growth in global market, new trends in trading have come up. Trading in various countries is very easy and convenient due to today’s smart a, fast intelligent technology. The import export market has also gone through drastic change over the years. It provides a wide range of rewarding opportunities for the candidates who want to associate themselves with the import export business. There is wide spread scope in import export management in Trading Houses, Export Department of Companies, Development Authorities & Commodity Boards, Marine Insurance Companies, Export Processing Zones, Export Promotion Councils and Export Oriented Units among other such fields and organizations
Import Export Management Course Description
The main objective of the course is to provide the needed knowledge and skills in the import export field to the interested candidates. It provides knowledge and information on:
- International business practices
- Customs and policies
- International Supply Chain Management
- Marine Insurance
- Export Import Documentation and Procedures
- International Trade Barriers
- Risk management in export and import process.
- Strategy development for successful export import business
- How to increase presence in the global market
The course structure of Export Import Management is as follows:
- Global trade scenario – it covers topics such as Rewards of Import-Export in the Business Strategy; competitive global strategies; trade statistics and import export trends in different continents and some of the leading counties.
- Export – What is export; what is sustainable exporting; completion in the export field, basic problems faced in the export process; Risks involved in export; The essential things for success of any export business; evaluation of foreign distributors for export; issues related to insurance and risks; documentation in the export process.
- Import – What is the import process; what is sustainable importing; knowledge about logistics and foreign exchange; Common problems faced in the import process; requirements in the importing business; how to manage the global supply chain; documentation in the import process.
- Assessment of Market – How to go about selecting sustainable global export and import markets; details about agreement, tariff and non tariff trade barriers; assessing the varying market trend; identifying the opportunities available in the global market; the obstacles and barriers involved in the import export business.
- How to develop a grip in the import export business – identification and development of alternative channels to make a position in the global market and to increase ones sales channels; how to choose and associate channels and agencies and tie up with them for distribution of goods; how to enhance ones market presence through the distribution channels; EXIM policy framework.
- The import export process – providing knowledge about the process of shipping; how to manage documents, costs, landed costs, brokers; knowledge about the basic conflict issues related in export distribution; how to maintain inventory for import and export; packaging issues and problems related to export and import; details about shipping glossary; . General Provision of Import, Import restrictions.
- How to identify – It provides knowledge on how to identify the right people and place for developing the export import business; details about issues related to agents, packaging, insurance, brokers, customs, ware house management, port and trading zones.
- Financial matters – How to understand and evaluate competitiveness in pricing; how to ensure timely payment receipt; details about pricing, position in the global market, credit terms and regulations and credit risks; details about payment terms, banking, interest rates, inflation, taxes; Foreign Buyer LC Instructions.
- Execution – How to develop creative and competitive strategies; management of distributors, inventory, pricing, discount and documentation; how to develop long lasting relations with clients.
- Maintaining sustainability – How to develop a sustainable distribution network; assessing the current trends and developing relevant strategies; developing a symmetry between the manufacturer and distributor; details and development of value added services; how to understand the distributors perceptive to ensure success in the business; assessment of consumer behaviour; ecommerce and international advertising and sales promotion; Cross Cultural issues in international Marketing.
- Managerial economics – micro and macro economics; demand analysis; production and cost estimation based on demand analysis; issues related to financing and long term investment decisions; challenges in international financial management; Exchange Rate principles
When the Need for Export Import Management is Felt:
- When one wants to start a new business in the field of import export.
- When a person desires the distribution of one’s products in other countries or when one wants to import goods and product from other countries.
- Person who wants to take up a carrier in the import and export field.
- When one to establish presence of one’s business and goods and services in the global market.
- It is essential for running the export import business smoothly.
- It helps in gaining knowledge about the numerous aspects involved in the export import business.
- To train and enhance the skills of the employees involved in the export and import business.
- To understand issues related to export import in a better way; issues may include – EXIM policies; shipping, pricing, packaging, tax, marketing and so on.
- To develop effective strategies for increasing the clients, business and profit in the global market.
- To train and enhance the skills of the co workers involved in this business.
Import Export Management Course Pre-requisites
- The candidate should be interested in the field of import export management.
- He should have an open mind to learn the various techniques and strategies involved in export import management.
- He should be ready to use the knowledge gained from the course in practically in the field.
- If the candidate has some knowledge about trading business would be an added advantage.
Target Audience for export import management course
The candidate who wants to take up this course and training should be a graduate from a recognised university or institution. Candidates appearing for their final year of graduation can also apply for the course Person with a MBA degree or merchandise diploma or degree will be an added advantage.
- Is learning about Export Import Management Difficult?
No the learning about export import management is not difficult. One should come with an open mind to gain knowledge on it and should be willing to apply the same in the practical field. He should be interested in the field of export import and trading in general. The course material covers all the aspects of export import management and in the candidate will get a good perspective about all the things involved in the export import business.
- Where can be Export Import Management knowledge and techniques applied?
It can be applied in the export import business. This course can benefit Exporter, Importer International Supplier, International Logistics Provider, Entrepreneur, Risk Manager, Government Official in Export Promotion Councils, Trading Houses, Commodity Boards; employees of the customs and excise department.. It is very handy in training the employees associated in the export import business.
- From where do we learn export import management techniques?
A number of institutions offer courses and training modules in export import management these days. The interested candidates can enrol in them. They will be provided with all the necessary knowledge and skill in the field of export import management. The candidates will be awarded certificate of completion; diploma or degree after they complete the course or training.
- What are the basic qualifications required for joining these courses?
The candidate should at least be a graduate in any field from a recognised university or institution. If the candidate has an MBA degree or a diploma or degree in merchandising it will be an added benefit.
The course has helped me to understand the export import management process in a better way. Now I am able to identify the loopholes and challenges in this field in a better way. It has also guided me on how to face these challenges and develop efficient effective strategies to overcome them. (Manager of export house)
This is a very useful course in terms of export import management business. I have recently entered into this field. I had very little knowledge of this field when I started and had many queries and issues in various aspects involved in this process. So I decided to undertake this course and training. After completing the course I feel more confident; this course has enlightened me on various issues and processes involved in the export import business. It has been a vital part in the success of my business (merchandiser)
This course has enabled me to train my co-workers in a better way, which has indirectly enhanced their work efficiency and has enabled better understanding of the export import process. ( manager trading house)
Career Benefits of This Training
- The candidates who enrol in this course have an advantage of getting employment in Trading Houses, Export Department of Companies, Development Authorities & Commodity Boards, Marine Insurance Companies, Export Processing Zones, Export Promotion Councils and Export Oriented Units among other such fields and organizations.
- The course gives a wide range of information regarding the export and import process which makes easier for the people involved in this field to work with efficiency and function smoothly.
- The course is very beneficial for the people who want to start a new career or business in this field.
- This course benefits people working with Trading Houses, Export Department of Companies, Development Authorities & Commodity Boards, Marine Insurance Companies, Export Processing Zones, Export Promotion Councils and Export Oriented Units among other such fields and organizations, International Supplier, International Logistics Provider, Entrepreneur, Risk Manager, Government Official in Export Promotion Councils, Trading Houses and so on. The knowledge gained from this course and training enables them to identify the loopholes and problems in this filed and assist them in overcoming them in a more efficient and professional manner.
- It helps people involved in this field to develop cordial relations with their clients and co partners. It helps in better understanding of the needs of the clients and co partners and enables smooth functioning among them.
- The course provides information various export import policies; rules and regulations; essential documentation; strategies for improving the efficiency of the work force, market presence and enhance product marketing and sale. Overall it provides guidance on how an export import business can run successfully.
The global market scenario has undergone a drastic change over the years. It has opened up new avenues in the trading sector. Export and import has become a vital process in the success of any business today. The global market has opened up numerous job opportunities in the export import management sector.
Today a large number of people aspire to take up a career in the export import management sector. Various institutions provide courses and training modules to train such aspirants. The course can be done by any person interested in this field or by people who are already working in the field. The candidate should at least be a graduate from a recognised university; and should have the ability to apply the theoretical knowledge in the field. The course provides information and knowledge on all the issues related to the export import business such as- EXIM policies; strategies for facing the challenges in the field; rules and regulations; documentation and book keeping; shipping, packaging, pricing issues; development of efficient marketing and promotion strategies; retention of clients and identifying new clients; risk involved in the process and their remedies. And so on. The course is very simple and can be undertaken by people working with Trading Houses, Export Department of Companies, Development Authorities & Commodity Boards, Marine Insurance Companies, Export Processing Zones, Export Promotion Councils and Export Oriented Units. It helps in efficient training of the work force involved in this process; and enables people to understand the various aspects of this business. It provides strategies on how to apply the theoretical knowledge in the field and ensure success and overall goal achievement of an organisation.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Import Export Management Courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|