About Health Economics Course
This course will help you understand the economic aspect of the health industry, health insurance to be specific. This course will help you better understand the various aspects of the demand and supply of the health sector and various techniques that are used for the economic evaluation and the financing techniques used in the hospital industry. This course will also make you understand the corporate social responsibilities of the hospital industry and various other aspects too. This course will equip you to understand and apply various economic aspects and ideologies in the health sector and also make you understand how to best administer the health sector of the economy. This training is also beneficial as this will help in understanding how to allocate the various health resources available in the economy and how does the allocation of the resources effect the human lives in the economy.
Health Economics Course overview
The course covers a wide range of topics. This not only introduces the trainees with the basic of economics but also relates them with the health sector of the economy and makes them understand how to best allocate the resources available.
- Introduction: this section of the course will introduce the trainees with all the basic concepts of the micro and macroeconomics and will also help them in relating these concepts to the health sector of the economy. This will also help the trainees to understand as to how the various concepts of the economics can be used in the health sector and what kind of effect will that have on the health sector.
- Basic macroeconomics concept: this section will exclusively deal with the various concepts of macroeconomics as to the law of demand and law of supply, elasticity of demand and supply, monopoly, demand forecasting, the methods to be used in demand forecasting and why is demand forecasting actually needed. This will also help in explaining the supply curve and assumptions taken while defining the supply curve. Also the exceptions to be kept in mind while determining the supply curve. Along with these topics, various other topics and concepts of macroeconomics will be taught to the trainees to understand how the economy works.
- Financial management of health: as the name suggests, this section will deal with the question, how best to financially manage the health sector of the economy? This question will be answered by explaining the exactly what is meant by financial management of the health and what should be done and what should not be done in order to best manage it. How to mobilize resources and how to reduce the wasteful expenditure done by the people in the name of health? This section will also deal with the requirement of health system in India and why exactly is the system needed and in-depth analysis of aspect of health system of India.
- Health insurance: this section will deal with the question, why the health insurance is important in anybody’s life and what are the basic elements of the health insurance. This also deals with the various different kinds of insurance available to the general public and various benefits of different kinds of health insurance scheme available. This helps in the choosing the best insurance scheme by the trainees that will provide them with maximum benefit possible.
Pre-requisites for health economics course
Just like for any other course, there are some conditions that the candidate must fulfil, in the similar manner for pursuing this course, the candidate must fulfil some basic formalities or must fulfil some basic conditions in order to be better suited for the course and also to understand the course better.
- The candidate should have a fair idea as to how does the health sector of the country works and how does it function. Because unless the candidate does not know how the health sector works, he won’t be able to understand how does the economies of the health sector. Hence it is important for the candidate to understand that the working of the health sector of the country.
- The candidate should also understand as to how the financial concept of the country and how does it work. The candidate should also understand market trends of the financial sector of the economy. This is important for the candidate to understand all these concepts as it will help the candidate to co-relate the financial aspects of the economy to the health sector of the country and helps you understand the effect of one on the other.
- The candidate should also have the passion to learn new things and aspects of the sector that they are entering in. this passion to learn will make them more concentrated in the work that they are doing and will help them learn with more zeal and enthusiasm.
Target audience for health economics course
Target audience for this kind of course is varied and covers a wide range of people having different degrees and qualifications.
- The medical health officer o can undertake this course as this course will help him better understand the various dynamics of the profession that he is in and will be able to provide better services to the consumer
- The paramedical students will be helped greatly with this course as this will make them better equipped to deal with the various medical situations and economies of it and will be able to better advise the customers.
- The individual hospital facility will be benefited from the course as this will help them in better running of the hospital and understand what kind of services are required by the customers of the hospital and how will they be funded.
- The pharmaceutical and health insurance companies will also benefited from the course as this will help in understanding the demand and supply of the various health products and insurance products and evaluate the economic viability of the same for the company.
- The government appointed regulators help in the better understanding of the various economic aspects of the health sector and also the financing facilities of the health sector of the company.
Learning objective of health economics course
The course will give you better insight into the working of the health sector of the country.
- The course helps you in defining the various ways of allocation of the resources available and what are the different effects it will have on the human health and how can the allocation of the resources help in the health of the humans in general. This course will also help in the understanding the existing health service system and help in proposing the changes in the system to make it more effective.
- It also helps in understanding the allocation of the various resources in the world at different times and at different places and how has the allocation of the resources helped in improving the health of humans.
- This also helps in understanding how limiting the resources that are used in the human health can affect the human health and what consequences it will have on the various parties interested in the human health resources.
- The course will also help in developing a relation between the service provider of the health services and individual patient from an economic point of view but also keeping in mind the various other aspects of the human behavior and the various risk factors included in providing the health services.
- This course will also help in understanding and applying the various market economics rules in an individual health related case and help in making a better decision by the trainees and the organizations. .
- What kind of knowledge is required to do this course?
For anyone who wants to enroll this course should have some basic knowledge and understanding of the various economic concepts and how does it affect the health system of the country. The trainees should have enough knowledge to understand about the various concepts being taught in the class and also to understand the impact of it.
- What are the benefits of doing this course?
The course will help the trainees in better understanding of the allocation of various resources and its impact on the human health. This course will also help in the dealing of the various broader questions and how to best finance the health sector of the economy. This course will also help you make familiar with the various economic approaches available to the health sector and how to beat apply the approach in any given situation. The course will give a much better understanding as to how exactly do the financing of the health sector work and what are the various tools available to allocate the various health resources available in the best possible manner.
- How will the course help me in my career?
This course is highly beneficial for anyone who has a slightest of interest in the health system of the country and wishes to join the health care system of the country. This course will give you a fair idea about what are the various key issues effecting health sector of the economy. This also makes the trainees aware of the various factors that influence the economies of the health care system. Taking up this course will highly benefit the trainees as this will open up new career avenues for the trainees and make them understand how to formulate the best policy, how to promote the health and will also include how to best administer the health sector. This training could help the trainees in getting a job not only in the private sector but in the government sector as well, both at the local and the national level.
Paarth, Insurance Agent
This course helped me to better understand the various concepts of economics and how to relate them with the health sector of the economy and how can the various economic conditions affect the health system of the country. This course also helped in understanding in-depth, the various aspects that effect the running of the health sector. This course was not too fast as to it made difficult for us to understand what is actually being taught but it was neither too slow for us to lose interest in the course.
Ridhima, B. Pharmacy
The course took extra effort to make sure that all the trainees understand the concept that is being taught without wasting any time of the other trainees or making them lose interest in the course. This course is very good and useful for all those people who are either already working in the health sector or are planning to work in the health sector and have interest in the economic impact of the sector.
Rohan, B. Pharmacy
This course helps you to understand not only the various economic concept but will also make you understand as to what is the impact of those economic aspects on the health sector of a country. The people who have even the slightest of interest in any of the two sectors and would want to pursue this interest further should definitely join the course. This will improve their knowledge a lot and also help them make a career out of the subjects that they have interest in.
Career benefits of health economic course
The career benefits of doing course are too man. This course will help the trainees to improve their skill set and equip themselves to provide better services. This will improve their job profile as well as they will have an upper hand over those who do not have this extra skill set. Other than providing an extra skill set to the trainees, this training will also open up various new career avenues for the trainees.
- The trainees can work as a consultant in the private sector and pharmaceutical companies.
- They can also get a job in the university sector of the economy as an advisor
- Other than that, they can also enter the government sector and take up a job in the National Health Service department.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Health Economics and Basics of Health Insurance courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|