Want to know what Ruby is?
Ruby on Rails is an open source web application framework written in Ruby language. Rails is a full-stack framework that accentuate the use of popular software engineering design and paradigms, including convention over configuration (CoC), model–view–controller, the active record pattern, and don’t repeat yourself (DRY).
Like many web frameworks, Ruby on Rails uses the model–view–controller (MVC) pattern to construct application programming.
By default, a model in the Rails framework maps to a table in a database, and a Ruby file. E.g , a model class User will commonly be defined in the file user.rb in the app/models directory, and it will be linked to the table users in the database. Developers can select any file name or database table name, model name. But this is not common practice and usually discouraged according to the “convention over configuration” philosophy.
A controller is a constituent of Rails that reply to external requests from the web server to the application by determining which view file to render. The controller perhaps has to query one or more models directly for instructions and pass it on to the view. A controller may supply one or more actions. In Rails, an action is usually a basic unit that tells how to respond to a specific external web-browser request. Also note that the controller/action will be available for external web requests only if a particular route is mapped to it. Rails inspire developers to use REST-ful routes, which include actions such as: create new, update, edit, destroy, show, and index. These mappings of incoming requests/routes to controller instruction can be easily set the routes configuration file.
An erb file will be the default configuration for view, which is compiled to HTML at run-time.
Ruby on Rails has tools that make common development tasks easier “out of the box”, such as scaffolding that can automatically build up some of the models and views needed for a basic website. Also included are WEBrick, a plain Ruby web server that is dispersing with Ruby, and Rake, a build system, distributed as a gem. Composed with Ruby on Rails, these tools provide a primary development environment.
Ruby on Rails is most generally not connected to the Internet directly, but through some front-end web server. Mongrel was commonly chosen over “WEBrick” in the early days but it can also run on Lighttpd, Apache, Cherokee, Hiawatha, nginx, and many others. After 2008, the web server change to Mongrel as the most-used web server for Ruby on Rails. Ruby is also supported on the IBM.
Why you should do Ruby Training?
Open source Ruby framework for creating database-backed web applications.
It contains everything needed to create a database-driven web application using the Model-View-Controller pattern.
It needs less no of total lines of code than other frameworks spend setting up their XML configuration files.
Rails is full of features that make you more creative, with many of the following features building on one other.
Course Goal and Objective of online ruby training
• Configure and install Ruby and Rails on your system.
• Setup and manage databases with migrations
• Ruby on rails is very easy to learn.
• Many software developers who use Ruby on Rails say that they can build and release software in a less amount of time when using Rails as compared to other platforms.
• It includes everything needed to create a database-driven web application using the Model-View-Controller pattern.
• We offer you 20 lectures and 1.5 hours of content videos!
• Learn fundamentals of programming with Ruby on Rails
• Master core Rails concepts
• Master key Rails techniques, including REST, security, data modeling, messaging etc.
• At the end of this course you can able to develop Rails applications.
Target Audience for Ruby Training
• Students who want to learn Ruby on rails
• Programmers, Web Developers
• For experienced web developers who are new to Rails
• Anyone with interest in web programming and introductory knowledge of HTML
Pre-requisites for Ruby Training
• It’s certainly possible to begin learning Rails without any prior Ruby exposure but experience with other dynamic languages + frameworks would be good.
• Since ruby is an object-oriented language, it’s very nice if you have a good previous background in object-oriented programming.
• Some good front-end skills in HTML/HTML5 will help you.
Ruby Training Advantages
• You could develop a web application with at least 10x faster with Rails than you could with a typical Java framework.
• Build a new Rails application from scratch
• Understand the various deployment options for Rails applications
Section 1: Introduction
In this video we will understand about ruby interactive shell. We will see the actual practical example.
Lecture2:Ruby download & Installation
In this video we will demonstrate how to download and install ruby on windows.
Section 2: Ruby Basics
Lecture3:Ruby interactive shell
In this video we are going to learn about features of ruby programming language.
In this video we are going to understand about ruby scripts.
Lecture5:Ruby printf and putc
In this video we will discuss about how to display data on console in ruby. We will discuss about print and puts method.
Lecture6:Ruby variable assignment
In this video we will discuss about what is variable and how to assign a variable.
Lecture7: Understanding $stdin variable and read method
In this video we will understand how to read data in ruby. We discuss about a $stdin global variable.
Section 3: Ruby Literals
In this video we are going to learn about literals in ruby. We will see the hierarchical structure of ruby.
Lecture9:Ruby Literals Integers
In this video we will see the example how to use integer literal.
Lecture10:Ruby Literals FixNum Example
In this video we are going to see the fix num example.
Lecture11:Ruby Literals BigNum Example
In this video we are going to see the Big num example.
Section 4: Float
Lecture12:Ruby Literals Float 1
In this video we will discuss about floating point numbers in ruby. We will compare about integer numbers and floating point numbers.
Lecture13:Ruby Literals Float Example
In this lecture we will see the example of floating point number.
Section 5: Strings
Lecture14:Ruby Strings 1
In this video we understand about strings in ruby.
Lecture15:Ruby Strings 2
In this video we will discuss about string with example.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Free Online Ruby Training courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|