Equity Research – Pharma Sector:
In this course, we will first understand about the various terminologies being used in pharma sector. Post which, we will go through with the detailed valuation model, wherein we will learn, how to create assumption sheet to project revenue and operating margins for each segment, which will be linked with income statement. Further, we will also understand the benefits of quarterly statements for any company valuation. The depreciation and interest cost calculation will be explained through creation of separate debt and asset schedule, post which we will complete the projection of other balance sheet items. At last but not the least, we will learn how to find out the value per share based on Discounted Cash Flow (DCF). Under the DCF method, we will learn, how to calculate beta of any stock in MS excel. Further, we will also learn functions like Data table and NPV.
We have used company’s result press releases and investor presentation to find out relevant data, hence this can assure the reliability of any past data and future projections.
- To understand the valuation process of any company from Economy, Industry to Company (EIC framework)
- To understand the valuation technique like DCF to project the equity value per share
- Students who are pursuing CFA, MBA (finance), CA
- Professionals in the field of investment banking/equity research
- Basic Accounting and MS Excel Knowledge
- Passion to learn