The CFA charter is one of the most respected designations in finance, considered by many to be the gold standard in the field of investment analysis. This is the first of three exams offered by the CFA Institute. The CFA program is a globally recognized standard for measuring the competence and integrity of financial analysts. It is necessary to ensure that the concepts are strong in Level One as a lot of them will be carried forward and acted upon in Level Two. The CFA charter is one of the most respected designations in finance, considered by many to be the gold standard in the field of investment analysis.
Through this course we are specifically looking into the economics module of CFA level 1 curriculum.
Here we are going to understand about concepts such as Aggregating Demand Supply Curves and functions, types of markets, calculation of equilibrium, demand and supply analysis, indifference curve, currency exchange rates market participants, absolute vs. comparative advantage, monetary and fiscal policy, objectives of central banks, monetary policy transmission, fiscal policy – objectives and tools.
After this we would be understanding business cycles, business cycle theories, inflation disinflation and deflation, factors affecting price levels, leading coincident and lagging indicators, GDP – national income, aggregate supply and demand, and source of economic growth.
Next important concepts we will understand are the market structure and types of competition, firms supply function, demand & supply analysis – the firm, factors of production, cost per unit of output, profit maximization – perfect competition, decreasing increasing cost industry, and consumer and producer surplus.
- To summarize material in accordance to the Learning Outcome Statements provided by CFA institute for economics.
- To create a solid understanding of the ground concepts in Level One. This can then be carried upon by candidates in the levels ahead.
- Others who are interested in a career in Investment Management
- Anyone who wants to learn about economic concepts and their explanation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. An exemption can be made where you can write the CFA level 1 if you
a) Are in the final year of your undergraduate program,
b) Have four years of professional experience, or
c) Have a combination of both, equating to at least four years.
- Passion to learn. It is not an easy program to complete. It is considered as one of the toughest degrees to obtain in the financial world.