The CFA charter is one of the most respected designations in finance, considered by many to be the gold standard in the field of investment analysis. Its uses lay in various dimensions of the financial world, including portfolio management, treasury, risk management, Hedge Funds etc.
This is a CFA Curriculum – Derivatives course and is designed for those who want to learn about Derivatives to appear for CFA examination. Through this course you will be learning about derivatives markets and instruments, forward contracts, swaps, early termination of forwards, forward rate agreement, future market and contracts, margin calculation, methods to terminate future position, currency swap example, plain vanilla swap, equity swaps and example, option markets, call & put option, caps & floors, put call parity, synthetic options, long & short call, and details on risk management of options.
- To summarize material in accordance to the Learning Outcome Statements provided by CFA institute.
- To create a solid understanding of the ground concepts in Level One. This can then be carried upon by candidates in the levels ahead.
- Others who are interested in a career in Investment Management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. An exemption can be made where you can write the CFA level 1 if you
a) Are in the final year of your undergraduate program,
b) Have four years of professional experience, or
c) Have a combination of both, equating to at least four years.
- Passion to learn. It is not an easy program to complete. It is considered as one of the toughest degrees to obtain in the financial world.