- Magento is a content management system for e-commerce web sites which provides online retailer with a great shopping cart system, as well as control over the view, content and functionality of their online store.
- Magento is open source i.e we can use it for free of cost. The software was developed by the company Varien Inc., it’s a US private company which is headquartered in California. On March 31, 2008 Varien had published the first general release of the software, under the name Bento.
- Magento make use of the PHP programming language, the MySQL relational database management system, and some elements of the Zend Framework. Magento can store data in entity–attribute–value model type. It uses the conventions of object-oriented programming and model-view-controller architecture.
- Magento provides search engine optimization, effective marketing, and catalog-management tools.
- We truly trust that Magento is one of the finest ecommerce platforms available now days, with editions ranging from community open source, to massive, large-scale enterprise SaaS based systems.
- A commonplace uses the community-based Magento product for our ecommerce clients.
- Magento’s ability to scale allows shops with only a few products and simple needs to easily expand to tens of thousands of products and complex custom behavior without changing platforms. It provides many plug-ins and themes which can easily improve a customer’s experience.
- When it comes to custom functionality, however, that is where more complex programming is required.
- Magento is designed to be making use as an application by someone who is not from development background. The Magento community is extremely large and helpful.
- There are a number of reasons why developers are called upon to adjust a Magento website. It is a very strong system even at its most basic, more so even than a Drupal site (and Drupal is no lightweight). Once you start to integrate with other systems, or introduce thousands of products, businesses often need the assistance of experienced developers.
- As an example, we’ve had clients need additional options for how they view their dashboard.
- Typically you will be able to view products in groups of 5, 25, and/or 50. We have a client who wants to view 2000.
- The functionality can be altered only up to a point; beyond that, it needs to be customized by an expert who really understands Magento, and follows best practices.
Benefits of using Magento:
- Open source technology that offers flexible, scalable ecommerce solutions
- Easy to install and add additional layouts and plug-ins
- Allows for various discounts and promotions during check-out
- Effective and cost sensitive program
- Provides more than 50 payment gateways
- The standard version is packed with a box of amazing features such as catalog management, catalog browsing, customer accounts, product browsing, customer service, site management, payments, mobile e-commerce, SEO, Internet Marketing, reports & analytics, shipping, etc.
Why you should do Magento Training course?
- In this course, we will teach you how to install, configure and manage a successful online store with most popular shopping cart on the Internet – Magento.
- In our tutorial videos you will get the idea on how to add and configure your products, setup shipment and delivery methods, manage coupon codes and other promotions, install Magento themes and much more.
- One of the reason you should start learning magento is, 26% of the top 1 million eCommerce sites use Magento, more than any other eCommerce software.
- No previous knowledge of Magento is needed and we share with you the why and the how to everything you need to know to get started using Magento. Magento is easy to setup and use in today’s date.
- The course includes fundamental introduction to Magento e-commerce. You will learn commands and methods to store setup, Adding new products, create categories, Tax settings, Shipping methods, Payment methods, Changing page layouts, and many other features of magento. You will become familiar with the Magento interface, Store customization, Adding pages to store, Adding products to the homepage, Processing orders, Managing your store, PayPal and others payments, Making store live!
What you get from Magento online course?
By the completion of this course, you will have an expertise with the followings:
- Installing Magento to the local computer or host server
- Working with the themes and learning different aspects of them
- Managing the Magento admin panel
- Converting PSD files to Magento compatible versions
- Modify to personal expectations of different part of a website, getting around with the Header panel, side bar, menu, etc.
- Installing and modifying modules
- General Configuration
- Categories and Attributes
- Simple Products
- Beyond Adding Simple Products
- Categories and Attributes
- Creating user permissions
- Developing custom modules
- Adding or modifying pages
- Customizing payment gateway
- And many more, through live Magento Programs
- Adding pages, deleting pages, editing pages and many more