Online UNIX & Linux Operating System Fundamentals Training:
– Linux is in the simplest terms it is an Operating System. It is the software on a computer that ready the application and the computer-operator to access the devices on the computer to perform the desired functions. The OS(Operating System) relays instructions from an a application to and for instance and the computer’s processor. Processor performs the instructed task and then it sends the results back to the application through the operating system.
An operating system (OS) is a collection of software that manages computer hardware resources and provides common services for computer programs. The operating system is a vital component of the system software in a computer system.
An operating System (OS) is an inside between the users & computer hardware and it also provides the user as an environment in which that user can execute program convenient & efficient. In the technical terms of the software in which it manages hardware and operating System controls the allocation of resource & service such as a memory and processors and devices and Information.
In the operating system Batch operating system, Time-sharing operating system and Distributed Operating system, Network operation system, real time operating system etc. multiple operating system is present in the computer. Before going in the detail about what is the Linux Operating System and let us first explore an operating system. If you are computer science student then probability you have good answer of an operating system than me and you can skip this section.
If you do not have understanding about operating system then you can read the section. And It will help you to understand what is an operating system and its also useful to understand what is Linux. Basically operating system is a program or in common term it is a software. A software or program which manage your computer hardware resource & provides interface to run your program.
Your operating system(mac , windows or Linux) manages your hardware resource. Example your operating system manages your mouse & keyboard & hard disc & process etc. and its also provides interface to run the program like web browser or command line tool.
Let us think, how your computer system is working. Your operating system is a resource manager and when you start computer first your operating system loads and then it manage and synchronize your hardware resource make your computer.
Once you start information about the word processor software or web browser you are saying your OS that I am going to start MS word. Now OS allocates the resources like processor and RAM etc. which required to execute your own program. Now if you are going to use your web browser then you can take mouse pointer to address bar and then click to type something and here your Operating System is allocating mouse resources to web browser program & you are able to use your mouse.
Once you click and start typing any URL then your keyboard is allocated by the OS to your program. Then resources are allocated by OS in your program. And either of them your program is asking OS to allocate this or you are asking Operating System.
Why UNIX & Linux Operating System Fundamentals Training is Required?
– The students required the training on Linux operating System because the most of the students familiarize with Windows XP, Windows 7 etc. but Linux operating system is new for student that’s why students required training on Linux operating system In the Linux main Important concept is –
Kernal : Kernel is the core part of Linux operating system. Linux operating system is responsible for all major activities of operating system. Its consists of various modules and its directly interacts with the basics of hardware. Kernel provides the required abstraction and hides low level hardware details to the system.
System Literary : System libraries of Linux are nothing but the special functions or programs using that program or system utilities it can access the Kernel’s features. These System libraries implements most of the functionalities of OS(Operating System) and also do not requires the kernel module code access rights.
Understanding Kernal in Linux is very Important.
Some features of UNIX operating System is : –
1.Unix operating system can uses multi-user more than one user can use the machine at a time and its supported via terminals
2. Multi-tasking – more than one program can be run at a time
3. Hierarchical structure – To support the re-organization and maintenance of the files
4. portability in UNIX – only the kernel which ever written in assembler tools for the program and for development a wide range of support tools required like debuggers & compilers.
5. The Unix Operating system consists of kernel, shell, and utilities. In the Linux and Unix operating system the main part is Kernal.
Course goals and Objectives:
- To study and apply concepts of operating system, such as concurrency and control of asynchronous processes and deadlocks and memory management and processor and disk scheduling and parallel processing and file system organization.
- The student learn what is an operating systems are what they do and how they are designed & constructed. The student will be introduced about what is the common features of an operating system & what is an operating system does for the user and what it does for the computer system operator.
- Know about the boot process in Linux operating system.
- Learn basic system configuration of Linux operating system.
- Know about the file management and Know about the user management & group management and also file permissions & also learn about administrative task like basic job scheduling utilities and also system backups.
Target Audience for UNIX & Linux Operating System Fundamentals Training:
- Students (IT/Non IT Background) who wants to learn UNIX/LINUX
- Individuals who is interested in learning UNIX/LINUX
- Working professionals they can also learn this operating system easily by using Internet or as on online.
Pre-requisites for UNIX & Linux Operating System Fundamentals Training:
- Basic Knowledge of computer is required.
- Interest in Linux operating system.
- If you want to study Linux operating system then this prerequisites is important – Linux is an operating system and it is totally different operating system compare to windows operating system. In the Linux operating system some commands also runs and shell scripting also.
For simple ex. Make a folder and in that file that time used Linux mkdir command to create a folder and in that you can create a file.
Advantages of UNIX & Linux Operating System Fundamentals Training:
Stability of Linux :-
If you have used the operating system then you have made the switch to Linux OS you will notice that the Linux Operating System has an edge over Windows. I can remember Windows many times over the many years, because the application crashed, and I can’t continue working. Linux can crash also sometime but it is much hard. If an application has crashed in the Linux, it will not harm the kernel and the other processes.
Free Software :-
Most of the software can be obtained without any cost for Linux. For ex. one thing that has kept the people from Linux it is the lack of the office software. That has changed with Open Office, and now you can edit documents and presentations from the popular Microsoft software.
Linux has the many advantages of the code being is in the public domain. This can be a double-edged sword; while you can look at the code, and then developers can fix holes rapidly, it also means hackers cannot find bad code. I have been very impressed with the security of Linux and then programs that run on Linux operating system. The security in the Linux is very good compare to other operating system.
Runs on old hardware :-
If you have an old 386 or 486 laying around collecting dust, you can use the Linux operating system. I remember running on Linux operating system. Just go to your computer store, buy a large hard disk (as long as your old stuff can support it), and you can make great storage server. All the digital pictures and movies around today this could be a great use for Linux.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Virtualization and Cloud Computing courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|