This is the first of three exams offered by the CFA Institute. The CFA program is a globally recognized standard for measuring the competence and integrity of financial analysts.
Level ONE includes Ethics, Quantitative Methods, Economics (micro and macro), Financial Statement Analysis, Corporate Finance, Portfolio Management, Equity, Fixed Income, Derivatives and Alternative Investments. This level will focuses on tools and concepts that apply to investment valuation and management and more complexity follows suit in the next level. It is necessary to ensure that the concepts are strong in Level One as a lot of them will be carried forward and acted upon in Level Two.
The CFA charter is one of the most respected designations in finance, considered by many to be the gold standard in the field of investment analysis. Its uses lay in various dimensions of the financial world, including portfolio management, treasury, risk management, Hedge Funds etc.
The material provided by the CFA institute includes 6 books among which the above 10 subjects are authored across. The books are available in hard copy or e-book format and it is on the prerogative of the candidate to choose the preferred format. The fee also includes exam registration
There are many reasons to consider on why to pursue the CFA program, but the primary reason will be that it plays a great role in enhancing your career in the financial world. To add it is a lot more affordable than a good masters program from a recognized institute and also provides a solid ground in terms of knowledge
- To summarize material in accordance to the Learning Outcome Statements provided by CFA institute
- To create a solid understanding of the ground concepts in Level One. This can then be carried upon by candidates in the levels ahead.
- Others who are interested in a career in Investment Management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. An exemption can be made where you can write the level 1 if you
a) Are in the final year of your undergraduate program,
b) Have four years of professional experience, or
c) Have a combination of both, equating to at least four years.
- Passion to learn. It is not an easy program to complete. It is considered as one of the toughest degrees to obtain in the financial world.