2h 11m | 16 Videos | 28736 Views | Beginner
Basics of Software Testing Course:
- The course describes Software engineering definitions, different phases used in software engineering, how does testing fit in the whole SDLC life cycle.
- We will also go further into details of SDLC, i.e., software development life cycle. We understand why it is important to follow a specific SDLC models, what are the benefits and challenges of using a SDLC model.
- We will look into different types of SDLC models used across the world in industry.
- We will discuss about common and contemporary SDLC models. We discuss one by one details of each SDLC model, like waterfall model, incremental models, prototyping model, spiral model.
- We will also discuss contemporary SDLC models like RAD ,i.e., Rapid Application Development model and Sliced model.
- We will also understand what are the weaknesses and strengths of each SDLC model discussed and when should it be used. After discussing SDLC models, we understand What is software testing and why is it important to do software testing.
- We will also discuss how not doing software testing impacts in day to day functioning of the modern world and what could be the disastrous effects of poor or no testing.
- We will discuss costs incurred by defect leakages in further stages of software testing, and why is it important to catch a defect early in SDLC. We saw some examples of bugs found in software used in banks and other institutions which cause monetary and environmental losses.
Basics of Software Testing Course requirements:
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Passion to learn
What am I going to get from this Basics of Software Testing course?
- To study a completely new program and to enhance your knowledge by learning new concepts of SDLC, and importance of Software Testing.
Who is the Target Audience?
- Anyone who wants to learn Software Engineering