What is ASP.NET?
ASP.NET was developed by Microsoft as a web application framework to help programmers build dynamic websites. It uses C# or Visual Basic.NET (VB.Net programming languages to develop web applications. It is used for developing mobile applications as well and works on top of HTTP (Hyper-Text Transfer Protocol) protocol using HTTP commands and policies.
About ASP.NET Courses
The ASP.NET Courses meant to provide a good grounding and in-depth knowledge of ASP.NET concepts and programming, .NET framework of Microsoft. It covers topics such as adding folders and files to website, projects, and solutions, building and running a project. It is ASP.NET Courses comprehensive covers covering core concepts and practicals divided into 143 lectures with 26 hours of HD Video.
Introduction to ASP.NET:
This section introduces ASP.NET courses to learners. ASP.NET applications are developed by compiling codes written using extensible and reusable components of the .NET framework. The following languages are used to develop ASP.NET apps- C#, Visual Basic, JScript, J#. It enables dynamic, data-driven, interactive web applications.
- ASP.NET environment is introduced and how it operates– a key development tool is VB.NET which provides an integrated development environment to write, compile and debug code.
- ASP.NET LifeCycle specified how the application process pages to create dynamic output, how it is instantiated and processed, how pages are compiled. It is divided into two groups-Application Life Cycle and Page Life Cycle. ASP.NET LIfeCycle events- PreInit, Init, InitComplete, LoadViewState, LoadPostData, PreLoad, Load, LoadComplete, PreRender, PreRenderComplete, SaveStateComplete, and UnLoad.
- Event handling refers to the occurrence of an event such as mouse click or key press and how applications respond and manage it. Related topics- Page and Control Events, Event Handling Using controls, Application and session events, default events.
- Server Object, Request Object and Response object –Properties and methods of the server object, HttpServerUtility, Request Object, Response Object, Properties and methods of Response object…
- Server controls– they are small building blocks of GUI (Graphical User Interface)- it includes text boxes, check boxes, labels, numerous tools, list boxes, labels… Controls are used for validation, security, master pages, data manipulation and access. Five types of web controls- HTML controls, HTML Server controls, ASP.NET Server control, AJAX Server controls, User controls. Primary controls in ASP.NET-Validation controls, data source controls, data view controls, personalization, controls, login & security controls, master pages, navigation controls and rich controls.
- HTML Server Controls– are enhanced standard HTML controls used for server side processing.advantages of using HTML Server controls.
- ASP.NET Client Side coding- Client Side Scripts, Client side source code, client side scripts, client side source code are covered in this module.
- ASP.NET Button Controls: Button controls, TextBoxes, and Labels Check Boxes and Radio Buttons, List Controls, HyperLink Control and Image Control. Button controls- button, link button, image button. TextBox controls are used to accept input from the user. Checkboxes are provided to give choice to the user to choose an option. List Controls are used to choose one or more items from a list.
- ASP.NET Directives are instructions that define optional settings – for eg. registering a custom control, page language. These settings define how web forms (.aspx), user controls (.ascx) are processed by .Net framework. ASP Directives- Application Directive, Assembly Directive, Control Directive, Implements Directive, Import Directive, Master Directive, MasterType Directive, OutputCache Directive, Page Directive, Previous Page Type directive, Reference Directive, Register Directive are covered in this section.
- ASP Validators enable validation of user input data so that useless, unauthenticated data is removed. Validation controls- RequiredFieldValidator, RangeValidator, CompareValidator, RegularExpressionValidator, CustomValidator, ValidationSummary. Validation control classes are inherited from BaseValidator classes. Custom Validators provide for writing app-specific custom validation routines- server side and client side. Validation summary, validation groups,
- Database Access: the complex process of data access is hidden, complex coding for connection, data query, data manipulation, data retrieving are hidden from the user. Retriever and display data- data source control, data view control. SqlDataSource control to access data, GridView to control, display, manipulate data.
- ADO Net-acts as a bridge between ASP.NET control objects and backend data source. ADO.NET helps hide details of the movement of data and processing DataSet Class, DataTable Class, DataRow Class, DataAdapter Object, DataReader Object, DbCommand, DbConnection objects are covered in this section.
- ASP File Uploading: Two controls to upload files to a web server- HTML Input File, FileUpload. When servers receive posted data, the application can store, check or ignore it.
- Adrotator: This control helps in selecting banner graphics from an external scheduled XML file-Advertisement File. Properties and Events of Adrotator Class, Working with AdRotator Control are covered in this section.
- Calendar control- is a functionally rich web control- displays one month at a time, selection of the day, week or month, selection of a range of days, going from month to month, control display of days. Properties and events of calendar control, calendar control are covered in this module
- Multi Views: View controls help the user to segregate the content of a page into different groups. Only one group will be displayed at a time. View controls are grouped together in Multi Controls.
- Panel Control– controls the appearance and visibility of controls contained in it, helps in generating controls. WebControl Class, Panel Control are covered.
- Data Binding: Simple data binding or inline data binding, BaseDataBound Control- DataBoundControl, HierarchicalDataBoundControl, Simple Data binding, Declarative data binding are covered.
- Custom Controls: Users can create controls- User-defined controls- User Controls, Custom Controls. User controls have .ascx extension derived from System.We.UI.UserControl class. Custom controls are deployed as individual assemblies-compiled into DLL (Dynamic Link Library, working with custom controls are covered.
- Error Handling-Tracing, Error handling, Debugging in ASP.net. ASP.NET detects runtime errors but may leave out some subtle ones. Developers use tracing to observe such errors.
- Debugging-allows developers to examine how the code works, variables change, objects created and destroyed. When Debugging is enabled in Visual Studio, the action begins. Breakpoints define runtime to perform a certain line of code. The Debug Windows are also covered in this section.
- Security in the website- Authentication, authorization, confidentiality, integrity, forms-based authentication, implementing forms-based security, IIS Authentication: SSL, Secure Socket Layer.
- LINQ– Language Integrated Query – helps in joining data from data sources, access, processing operations. It defines a common syntax to query different types of data with the help of a common language.
- Data Caching– the process of storing frequently used data or information in memory-Caching in ASP.NET-Output Caching, Data Caching, Object Caching, Class Caching, Configuration Caching, Output Caching, Data Caching, object caching are covered.
- ASP-Web Service- Web Service is a function with protocols that allows the creation of web applications. Creating a web service, consuming web service are covered.
- Multi-threading– execution path of a program, each thread describes a unique flow of control. Complicated input-output operations with database access are best performed when they are executed as threads- saves wastage of CPU cycle and improves efficiency. Creating a thread, Thread Life Cycle, Thread Priority, Thread Properties and Methods are covered.
- Configuration– two types of files-machine.config, web.config. These file settings affect the behavior of the application. Visual Studio creates a default web.config file for every project, debugging is possible only with a web.config file, Configuration section Handler definitions, connection strings, system.web event, authentification, authorization, caching, custom errors.
- Deployment-Local deployment, global deployment, techniques of deployment- XCOPY deployment, copying a website and creating a setup project.
Online ASP.NET MVC 5 introduction:
- ASP.NET MVC 5 is a framework developed by Microsoft for creating standards-based scalable applications using accepted design patterns with ASP.NET and .NET framework.
- Hello World MVC Framework-Model-View-Controller, the architectural pattern in software-organized around controllers and action. ASP.NET MVC application features, supports Dependency Injection, Inversion of Control controller models, components, view in XHTML, HTML., how MVC works, Structure Map.
- ASP.NET MVC Models- it contains application logic but not pure view, controller logic. Application logic-business logic, data access logic, validation logic). It helps holding and manipulation of application data. The section also deals with how to create models, access models from controllers.
- Controllers – are responsible for controlling the flow of execution of the application. How to create controllers, controller responsibilities, Controller. Controls application logic, coordinates between View and Model. Controller gets input from View, process user data from the model, return results to View.
- Action parameters, optional and compulsory parameters.
- Dependency injection and their use in MVCs– Dependency inject/IoC containers,- definition- a technique to achieve loose coupling between objects and collaborators., Dependency Inversion Principle, Explicit Dependencies Principle,
- URL Routing– Route is a URL pattern which is mapped to a handler. It could be a physical pattern or web forms. -flexible frame work-flexible URL routing system-define URL mapping rules in your applications., purposes of routing, default ASP.NET MVC URL routing rules how it works are covered in this section.
It helps programmers to handle application startup or shutdown apart from global error handling logic. Routing rules, validation pre-conditions, constructing outgoing URLs from the routing system, Html.ActionLink, unit testing routes- testing support in MVC framework, global RouteTable mapping. The section covers URL routing in detail.
- Unity framework-unity containers- register types at runtime, application object graph, Unity Application Block –injection container, support for constructor, property, method call injection.
- View Fundamentals- The parts of ASP.NET MVC application that enables display of data. Views are made from model data. This section has 17 chapters devoted to View Fundamentals- views folder-storage of HTML files and display of user interfaces- HTML, asp, aspx, cshtml, vbhtml. File types in
ASP.NET- plain HTML, classic ASP, Classic ASP.NET, ASP.NET Razor, ASP.NET Razor, Index files- Index.cshtml-home page of the app, default file, the about a file, running the application, how to write the application.
- Controllers- controllers are used to handling input and responses. Filename –controllers, process incoming requests to a web page, handle input, save data, send a response to the client. Home Controller and controller views are covered in this section.
- Filters-definition– Action filers, authorization filters, result filters, exception filters- action filters most commonly used – performs additional data processing, manipulation, cancel execution of the action, or modification.
Online ASP.NET Web API Courses
- Introduction to ASP.NET Web App, a framework for building web API on top of the .NET framework, create a web API project, adding a model, JSON, XML, adding a controller,
Web API styles- URI, Hypermedia, tunneling, event-driven.
- Understanding URL patterns, handing URL requests containing a variable number of URL segments, defining URL routes, URL patterns contain literal values, variable placeholders or URL Parameters- segments of URL, slash delimitation, parsing of segments, URL patterns for routes- controller, action (Placeholders).
- Providing defaults in routes- This section deals with defining a URL route, assign a default value for a parameter, dictionary object- defaults property of route class.
Other topics covered in advanced level: -Registering new routes,
-Controllers and actions
-Summary of topics covered.
Requirements for ASP.NET Courses Training Comprehensive
- Basic computer knowledge
- Basic understanding of .Net programming language
- Basic understanding of web technologies-HTML, CSS, AJAX
- Passion to learn and interest in enhancing knowledge in IT
Why learn ASP.NET?
ASP.NET courses have now become a popular web application framework for building dynamic websites developed by Microsoft. With the rapid expansion of websites, web applications, and mobile applications, ASP.NET courses developers are finding new opportunities to do business or get jobs. Therefore, a lot of new opportunities for software developers, .ASP.NET developers, MVC developers, technical leads, system analysts are emerging. Web developers wanting to upgrade their skills can look at ASP.NET courses to further their career.
ASP.NET Courses Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Does ASP.NET cater to only techies or can those with computer knowledge learn it?
It requires a basic ASP.net courses computer knowledge, understanding of web concepts and an understanding of .NET but not necessarily any advanced level knowledge in any area.
- Is this equivalent to any university degree or diploma?
No this is a skills enhancement ASP.net courses provided by EduCBA based on quality content provided by professionals but not affiliated to any university.
- Should we complete the ASP.net courses in a particular time frame?
No this is not a time-bound learning programme but learners can choose their pace. Moreover, after completion of the ASP.net courses, the content will still be available for a lifetime.
- Is there any supplementary training given in classrooms or labs?
No, this ASP.net courses is provided online and is grounded in theory and practicals.
- Do we have to invest in new hardware or software?
No new investments are required- some of the applications are in open source, free download mode.
ASP.NET Courses Testimonials
EdubCBA offers the best option to add skills to your resume with really good industry oriented programmes. I did the ASP.net training and was really amazed by the depth of content, its quality and the way the chapters were structured and organized. It is definitely useful for both beginners and professionals to enhance their skills. With rapid developments taking place in web and web applications, anyone wanting to try out dynamic web applications need to undergo this course.
I was afraid of pursuing an online ASP.net training for the first time in a topic where I had only knowledge of fundamentals. I am really grateful to EduCBA for the comprehensive training provided in ASP>NET. The quality of videos, presentation and exercises were really top class and I had no issues in understanding the new concepts introduced . All the core components in ASP>NET are useful for the web developer community to come up with really good websites and applications. I look forward to doing a few more IT programmes of EduCBA.
Otis K Moore:
Web technologies are becoming more user friendly with the use of fourth generation languages and protocols that are easier to understand and implement. However, learning the technologies and concepts is one thing while implementing it effectively for your project is even more important. A firm grounding in theory and practice of web services was what I was looking for. I found them in ASP.NET program of EduCBA. I recommend this ASP.net training to all web enthusiasts.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Mastering ASP.NET – Comprehensive ASP.NET Courses from Scratch Courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|