This is the mini course of Agile Project Management. Agile project management is an iterative and incremental method of managing the design and build activities for engineering, information technology, and new product or service development projects in a highly flexible and interactive manner, for example agile software development.
In this you will learn about customer collaboration, Agile’s Principles, Agile Framework and Team composition etc.
Agile Project Management online training course
‘Agile’ is an umbrella term used for identifying various models used for agile development, such as Scrum. Since agile development model is different from conventional models, agile project management is a specialized area in project management.
Scope of Agile Project Management:
- In an agile project, the entire team is responsible in managing the team and it is not just the project manager’s responsibility. When it comes to processes and procedures, the common sense is used over the written policies.
- This makes sure that there is no delay is management decision making and therefore things can progress faster.
In addition to being a manager, the agile project management function should also demonstrate the leadership and skills in motivating others.
- This helps retaining the spirit among the team members and gets the team to follow discipline.
- Agile project manager is not the ‘boss’ of the software development team. Rather, this function facilitates and coordinates the activities and resources required for quality and speedy software development.
Responsibilities of an Agile Project Manager:
The responsibilities of an agile project management function are givem below. From one project to another, these responsibilities can slightly change and are interpreted differently.
- Responsible for maintaining the agile values and practices in the project team.
- The agile project manager removes impediments as the core function of the role.
- Helps the project team members to turn the requirements backlog into working software functionality.
- Facilitates and encourages effective and open communication within the team.
- Responsible for holding agile meetings that discusses the short-term plans and plans to overcome obstacles.
Enhances the tool and practices used in the development process.
- Agile project manager is the chief motivator of the team and plays the mentor role for the team members as well.
Agile Project Management does not:
- manage the software development team.
- overrule the informed decisions taken by the team members.
- direct team members to perform tasks or routines.
- drive the team to achieve specific milestones or deliveries.
- assign task to the team members.
- make decisions on behalf of the team.
- involve in technical decision making or deriving the product strategy.
Training Advantages Agile Project Management:
• To make you awesome in Agile Project Management
• Learn Agile Project Management Fundamentals
Target Audience Agile Project Management:
- With a clear, concise and detailed perspective on project productivity, the certification is useful to all candidates and competency levels ranging from highly experienced project managers to those new to the industry.
Pre-requisites Agile Project Management:
- Agile Project Management Foundation Certificate or
- DSDM Atern Foundation Certificate or
- DSDM Advanced Practitioner Certificate